Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Meh, plausible though given he's doing a bunch of other FR festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Murder Capital amazing in Vicar Street last night. I hope we're right in presuming they'll be in Stradbally. In fact, the whole bill last night would be really welcome. Junior Brother, Unorthodox Coolock, spoken word act, very good, Egyptian Blue, terrible name but great post-punk outfit from Brighton. Murder Capital are going to need a bigger tent. Vicar Street rammed, most of it moshing. Junior Brother crowd-surfing. Good times for Irish music.

I'd wager my ticket on both them and the Fontaines turning up. They're also doing two sets at Glasto so this could be a very fine year for them.

Great to hear they're evolving. Though Junior Brother crowdsurfing has thrown me a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I'd wager my ticket on both them and the Fontaines turning up. They're also doing two sets at Glasto so this could be a very fine year for them.

Great to hear they're evolving. Though Junior Brother crowdsurfing has thrown me a little.

Like a pro, he was. Launched himself into the abyss.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Tago Mago

smileyp123 wrote: »
    Dont shoot the messenger but from what I gather, Liam Gallagher will headline on the Saturday and Disclosure will play the late slot after him.
    Also there will be a female headliner.

Hope the female headliner is Bjork.

Even as an Oasis fan, Liam isn't big enough on his todd to headline a 70k festival.

To throw Disclosure in there on top adds insult to injury.

*no way attempting to shoot the messenger, btw*

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Any chance of the chili peppers playing? Would feckin love that. Probably already filled their big quota with rage though right? Other wants would be Anderson .paak or J Cole for the rap quota, or Tame Impala for main stage one of the days.

• Advertisement

Meh, plausible though given he's doing a bunch of other FR festivals.

Disclosure also realistic. Not keen on them nor LG but easy to be elsewhere. Like Stillill42 I've resigned myself to a lack of agreeable headliner.

And female headliner, if true, is limited by what major acts are touring. Looks like Bjork, Taylor or Miley. A dilemma for most on here.

In other news the Autre Monde LP is very good on first listen. Probably better than Paddy Hannah's solo stuff. Yet another Irish act progressing and likely to be at EP.

Snarky Snark Snark

And female headliner, if true, is limited by what major acts are touring. Looks like Bjork, Taylor or Miley. A dilemma for most on here.

tbh, I'd be happy with the Icelandic wan, even if one of the other two appeared, I'd quite merrily toddle along to see if they're decent live.

Team TayTay ftw.

The only other one who seems to be active of that scale is Gaga, she's got a Vegas gig till mid May so not totally out of bounds either.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If its going to be a female headliner id say it will be Miley since she is around Europe at the same time and already doing Lolla Berlin

If its going to be a female headliner id say it will be Miley since she is around Europe at the same time and already doing Lolla Berlin

Yep, it's very likely. And she has some street cred after the Flaming Lips stuff and headlining Primavera Sound last May.

But I'll be elsewhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Disclosure also realistic. Not keen on them nor LG but easy to be elsewhere. Like Stillill42 I've resigned myself to a lack of agreeable headliner.

In other news the Autre Monde LP is very good on first listen. Probably better than Paddy Hannah's solo stuff. Yet another Irish act progressing and likely to be at EP.

Liking autre monde on first listen. Think nailed on to appear.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Yep, it's very likely. And she has some street cred after the Flaming Lips stuff and headlining Primavera Sound last May.

But I'll be elsewhere....

not interested in the nekkid spacehopper idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Autre Monde played last year too, I had them down as one to go to, but naturally enough I didn't make it.

Not long to wait for the announcement, until we find out who we'll all be giving out about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Autre Monde played last year too, I had them down as one to go to, but naturally enough I didn't make it.

Not long to wait for the announcement, until we find out who we'll all be giving out about.

Yeah, I caught a couple of songs at the Salty Dog but Paddy seemed pretty out of it and they were clashing with someone or other so I moved on. Like their stuff though, I'd certainly have a look this year. Know the drummer, Eoghan O'Brien a bit, nice fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭endainoz

So rumour has it that Taylor Swift is booked into a fancy Dublin hotel the weekend of EP. Could be a coincidence I suppose but she's doing plenty of festivals this summer, we might get herself and Miley possibly?

Upon re reading that last paragraph I think I should go and reassess my life.

not interested in the nekkid spacehopper idea?

Ah, sure why not. A simpler sartorial spot than Smiths t-shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 smileyp123

Also Stormzy was rumoured online recently but have been told that he is definitely not doing EP this year. 3 Arena only for him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

rename Electric Picnic 2020 rumours thread

• Registered Users Posts: 22 smileyp123

showpony1 wrote: »
    rename Electric Picnic 2020 rumours thread

That's an award winning quote

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

endainoz wrote: »
    So rumour has it that Taylor Swift is booked into a fancy Dublin hotel the weekend of EP. Could be a coincidence I suppose but she's doing plenty of festivals this summer, we might get herself and Miley possibly?

Upon re reading that last paragraph I think I should go and reassess my life.

"Hello, yes I'd like to book 13 rooms for 7 months time. The name? Taylor Swift" :pac:

she's not doing any festivals/gigs in Europe after July, basically zero chance she'll be at EP.

Miley is quite possible, she was decent enough at Primavera as last minute replacement for Cardi B.

"Hello, yes I'd like to book 13 rooms for 7 months time. The name? Taylor Swift" :pac:

she's not doing any festivals/gigs in Europe after July, basically zero chance she'll be at EP.

Miley is quite possible, she was decent enough at Primavera as last minute replacement for Cardi B.

Ah sur look I really am not bothered either way. The booking in the hotel is apparently confirmed alright, maybe she's just having a nice holiday and wants to write a song about meeting some fella in Temple bar that she will hate in the future.

• Advertisement

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Yeah, I caught a couple of songs at the Salty Dog but Paddy seemed pretty out of it and they were clashing with someone or other so I moved on. Like their stuff though, I'd certainly have a look this year. Know the drummer, Eoghan O'Brien a bit, nice fella.

Bits of LCD, lots of early Human League heavy synth. No standout tunes but it all sounds good. They play here a lot (as does Paddy Hannah) as signed to a Galway label.

They're not going to break through like the Fontaines or Murder Capital but they could have a very good 2020. The Irish Times gave the album a great review yesterday.

As you consistently say these are good times for the Irish music scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Paddy2012

endainoz wrote: »
    Ah sur look I really am not bothered either way. The booking in the hotel is apparently confirmed alright, maybe she's just having a nice holiday and wants to write a song about meeting some fella in Temple bar that she will hate in the future.

If its genuine then she must surely be headlining EP, it would be far too big a coincidence not to be.

Snarky Snark Snark

I know a lot don't like him but Norman Cook is doing the rounds this year again, last EP visit was 2013 I think?

I know a lot don't like him but Norman Cook is doing the rounds this year again, last EP visit was 2013 I think?

The only downer on the sheer brilliance of 2005.

The dross that ruined the comedown from the stunning Valentines in 2013.

I try not to slag off artists but if he's booked again I may have to make an exception.

Snarky Snark Snark

I kinda enjoyed his set, it is what it is which is a pre-mixed light show.

The time he wore the Norman Cook mask of himself freaked the crap out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Lewis Capaldi, the Subways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I try not to slag off artists but if he's booked again I may have to make an exception.

Saw about 15 minutes of him at Forbidden Fruit in 2015. Absolutely ****e. Hes a truly awful DJ, without a decent tune in 20 years (and they were few and far between even back then). People slag off the likes of Deadmau5, Calvin Harris etc but to me FBS is the worst of the lot by a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Any hope of Rufus Du Sol this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

My body was vibrating, with the wall of sound.
    Tremendous set (MBV, not FBS...)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement