Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,348 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Can we not just spray paint or glitter up a bunch of space hoppers and go buck nekkid like she did in her video?

I'll bring the wrecking ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

That's what the space hoppers are for!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Can we not just spray paint or glitter up a bunch of space hoppers and go buck nekkid like she did in her video?

Excuse me but some of us already do that every year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭rubick

nc6000 wrote: »
    Excuse me but some of us already do that every year!

Every Sunday, after the war film.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blueberrypie

Claiming Nile Rodgers and Chic will be at EP is like saying The Coronas will play in Cork evey Summer.
    Its guaranteed. Dont see the attraction myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Claiming Nile Rodgers and Chic will be at EP is like saying The Coronas will play in Cork evey Summer.
    Its guaranteed. Dont see the attraction myself.

there's a coronavirus joke in there somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭fourmations

there's a coronavirus joke in there somewhere

you're about a week late ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

you're about a week late ;)

i was in self-isolation sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭fourmations

i was in self-isolation sure

:D:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Could see Kygo taking the dance headliner slot as he is in Europe the weekend before EP.
    Also Placebo are in Europe the week before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭GentleHumour

Hoping for The Blaze. Unreal in 2018.

New stuff out soon and a sizeable gap (i.e. nothing yet) in their schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭patch

Hoping for The Blaze. Unreal in 2018.

New stuff out soon and a sizeable gap (i.e. nothing yet) in their schedule.

Was gutted to miss them by going home early on the Sunday.
    Brilliant album. Although I do get funny looks from people when I put it on as a recommendation...

It's much too soon to have Massive Attack in the running for this year, isn't it?
    They are in France the week before EP.
    https://www.massiveattack.co.uk/live

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

way too soon, was only 2018 for last visit and they played here last year in the Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,348 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

rubick wrote: »
    It's much too soon to have Massive Attack in the running for this year, isn't it?
    They are in France the week before EP.
    https://www.massiveattack.co.uk/live

Alas, Scruff is right. The only chance, and it's a longshot, would be if they were still touring Mezzanine (US leg finished in Sept) thus making it a vastly different show from 2018. But I can't see it happening. Still regretting missing the 3Arena show.

Well I guess I saw them twice in reasonably quick succession (EP and 3Arena) so I can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭endainoz

Seasick Steve is playing a few festivals this summer, would be great to see him again. Probably won't get another chance he's fair auld like!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭Rfrip

pet shop boys announced for the marquee! thats them out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Rfrip wrote: »
    pet shop boys announced for the marquee! thats them out!

Theyre in the US on a headline tour with New Order when EP rolls around anyway.

Good booking for the Marquee. Prob it's strongest line up for years with Orbital, the National, Fontaines DC, Sinead O'connor, Cat Stevens and the Pet Shop Boys Tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Murder Capital amazing in Vicar Street last night. I hope we're right in presuming they'll be in Stradbally. In fact, the whole bill last night would be really welcome. Junior Brother, Unorthodox Coolock, spoken word act, very good, Egyptian Blue, terrible name but great post-punk outfit from Brighton. Murder Capital are going to need a bigger tent. Vicar Street rammed, most of it moshing. Junior Brother crowd-surfing. Good times for Irish music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Theyre in the US on a headline tour with New Order when EP rolls around anyway.

Good booking for the Marquee. Prob it's strongest line up for years with Orbital, the National, Fontaines DC, Sinead O'connor, Cat Stevens and the Pet Shop Boys Tbf.

agreed, marquee is great this year, Im going to Diana Ross, orbital and the National as it is. Cannot afford any more at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭GentleHumour

Slim hopes for the Pet Shop Boys for EP were dashed by that US tour. Had hoped they’d add an Irish night elsewhere alright...but it’s a Tuesday night, June 9th. That’s a bummer. Already have Duran Duran on Sunday 7th in St Anne’s. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

God, weekend 1 of All Points East is looking tasty

0LAtfhl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Murder Capital amazing in Vicar Street last night. I hope we're right in presuming they'll be in Stradbally. In fact, the whole bill last night would be really welcome. Junior Brother, Unorthodox Coolock, spoken word act, very good, Egyptian Blue, terrible name but great post-punk outfit from Brighton. Murder Capital are going to need a bigger tent. Vicar Street rammed, most of it moshing. Junior Brother crowd-surfing. Good times for Irish music.

Very polished wasn't it...they've come a long way from 18 months ago in the Other Voices shack. They've worked hard and deserved a good home coming. I even met people over from England last night, which is testament to them. They need to rattle out a few new tunes now in the coming year :)

Very polished wasn't it...they've come a long way from 18 months ago in the Other Voices shack. They've worked hard and deserved a good home coming. I even met people over from England last night, which is testament to them. They need to rattle out a few new tunes now in the coming year :)

Yeah, they've shaken off some off the more stylised stage stuff that irritated me. Seem more comfortable up there now. Can't beat constant gigging. They obviously have their core crowd but it's growing. That's an excellent batch of songs on the album but you're right, they have to start adding to that now.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Yeah, they've shaken off some off the more stylised stage stuff that irritated me. Seem more comfortable up there now. Can't beat constant gigging. They obviously have their core crowd but it's growing. That's an excellent batch of songs on the album but you're right, they have to start adding to that now.

Couldn't agree more with that part! I was fearing the same. It was OTT at ATN!

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭dav09

What's the chances of Glass Animals playing Electric Picnic again this year? Really liking their recent new stuff. Glad to see them touring again too.

Couldn't agree more with that part! I was fearing the same. It was OTT at ATN!

StillIll42, did you see what I done? (came in a black Benz, left in a white one...)

No, I edited to match your edit :D

StillIll42, did you see what I done? (came in a black Benz, left in a white one...)

No, I edited to match your edit :D

Well of course I noticed, fish_fingers. Kudos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 smileyp123

Dont shoot the messenger but from what I gather, Liam Gallagher will headline on the Saturday and Disclosure will play the late slot after him.
    Also there will be a female headliner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement