Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Genghis

rubick wrote: »
    James headlining Deer Shed Festival, 24-26th July 2020.

https://deershedfestival.com/music

Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Afraidofwhatun

Genghis wrote: »
    Fingers crossed

Get them toes crossed too. Been way too long since they've been over. Headlining EA be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Anyone any experience with buying from Ticketmaster resale? I've bought two tickets, just looking for reassurance its gone smoothly for someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭endainoz

blaa85 wrote: »
    Anyone any experience with buying from Ticketmaster resale? I've bought two tickets, just looking for reassurance its gone smoothly for someone!

If it's though Ticketmaster they should be guaranteed, did you have to pay much over the odds for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've bought tix for 3 gigs through it recently, no issues. New E-tickets issued to my account.
    endainoz wrote: »
    If it's though Ticketmaster they should be guaranteed, did you have to pay much over the odds for them?

It's always face value plus an admin fee

• Advertisement

endainoz wrote: »

Yeah, I'm hoping they would be. It shows as face value when available, but you are charged 30 or 40 more for admin fees. Took a week of checking the site hourly to get both.

maximoose wrote: »
    I've bought tix for 3 gigs through it recently, no issues. New E-tickets issued to my account.

It's always face value plus an admin fee

It's those pesky admin fees that get you!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah, I'm hoping they would be. It shows as face value when available, but you are charged 30 or 40 more for admin fees. Took a week of checking the site hourly to get both.

30 or 40?! Mine were less than a tenner. Maybe it's just a % on top, and much pricier so for festival tickets

maximoose wrote: »
    30 or 40?! Mine were less than a tenner. Maybe it's just a % on top, and much pricier so for festival tickets

Yeah, looks to be 15%

• Registered Users Posts: 41 MichaelM93l

Potential for The Weeknd to headline? Just announced tour dates, finishes American leg Sep 3rd and starts European leg Oct 11th with no Dublin date.

Would like to see it, new music is pretty good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 InTheWoods123

Potential for The Weeknd to headline? Just announced tour dates, finishes American leg Sep 3rd and starts European leg Oct 11th with no Dublin date.

Would like to see it, new music has is pretty good stuff.

Thought the same thing when I saw the tour announcement. I’d be a bit doubtful given the gap between the US tour and the European but I’d be delighted to be proven wrong. Saw him once before live and would be a fantastic announcement!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 MichaelM93l

Thought the same thing when I saw the tour announcement. I’d be a bit doubtful given the gap between the US tour and the European but I’d be delighted to be proven wrong. Saw him once before live and would be a fantastic announcement!

That’s true that month gap is quite big. He would be great if he was announced, he puts on a good show from what I’ve seen with videos, haven’t caught him live yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just looking through Metacritic.com for up and coming new releases and I spot that Moby is releasing a new album called All Visible Objects on 6th March. Hopefully a summer tour taking in EP would be nice.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Moby has pretty much retired from touring, think he just does the odd dj bit here and there and runs his vegan food gaff now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Stillill42

A Moby food van would be quite the coup. Every little helps.

Snarky Snark Snark

Always the danger though that he's dipped his cock in the mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Mobys music I generally find inoffensive and occasionally decent (Porcelain, Flower, some stuff off 18) but having checked out some of his back catalogue (Animal Rights, Hotel, Destroyed) he has made some colossal amount of unlistenable dreck as well. Any time the guitar comes out alarms should go off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Muse?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Muse?

Dont think they are even touring this year

Moby can get stomped by Obie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

ATN announcing their line up on Monday, so it should give us an idea who we wont be getting at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Mobys music I generally find inoffensive and occasionally decent (Porcelain, Flower, some stuff off 18) but having checked out some of his back catalogue (Animal Rights, Hotel, Destroyed) he has made some colossal amount of unlistenable dreck as well. Any time the guitar comes out alarms should go off.

Some of the early rave stuff is very good (Go, James Bond Theme, etc).

He's an astonishing live performer and has played the odd gig over the past couple of years, seemingly getting back into live performance now, albeit only in the US.

In terms of guitars his cover of New Dawn Fades (used in Heat) is excellent and the music used at the end of the same movie is, for me, astonishing, much-copied and little-referenced:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Judging only from the footage online, his sets look very haphazard. An awful lot of him strutting his stuff as the front man with the guitar. The live singers admittedly look impressive, but theres something very underwhelming about the mix of pre recorded samples and live instrumentation on stuff like Natural Blues, Body Rock etc. And again, Moby + guitar is a big no from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Judging only from the footage online, his sets look very haphazard. An awful lot of him strutting his stuff as the front man with the guitar. The live singers admittedly look impressive, but theres something very underwhelming about the mix of pre recorded samples and live instrumentation on stuff like Natural Blues, Body Rock etc. And again, Moby + guitar is a big no from me.

I've seen him several times, including when he headlined Glasto in 2003 and held his own alongside REM & Radiohead. He didn't use the guitar much that night bar for great versions of Creep & I Wanna Be Your Dog. Usually has it for Extreme Ways (Bourne theme) but little else. Sets aren't haphazard at all, intricately thought out which kinda matches the nature of his music.

The live singers are as impressive as you'd expect and he moves around the stage a lot. That could annoy some people but what's he to do if not playing an instrument and a female singer has taken the limelight (something he definitely doesn't hog). If booked he'd be an excellent coup for EP and you may actually enjoy it.

Snarky Snark Snark

I f'kn love Moby, but we ain't gettin him

NvR91TV.png

(and yes, i have the Heat OST CD too but that lives in a different folder cos metadata done right).

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Tago Mago

Moby would be quality.

It's prob Chemical Brothers though for the dance slot, which I'm sound with too. Enjoyed their last album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭rubick

Feeling So Real is a top quality up-all-night banger, don't @ me.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I f'kn love Moby, but we ain't gettin him

NvR91TV.png

(and yes, i have the Heat OST CD too but that lives in a different folder cos metadata done right).

Sounds better on cassette, fyi!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭gandalfio

rubick wrote: »
    Feeling So Real is a top quality up-all-night banger, don't @ me.

As are Move and this one

https://youtu.be/M56cJQzjTTU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭rubick

gandalfio wrote: »
    As are Move and this one

https://youtu.be/M56cJQzjTTU

The flip is a hardcore era classic too. Thousand, the tune that has the same BPM as the rotation of the Earth. *

* sure it does, Moby

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement