Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Just checked the full list of dates. 'Fraid not.

4th in Dublin
    5th in Birmingham
    6th in End of the Road

Someone dropped the ball. Would've been an excellent addition to Friday Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Miley cyrus is comin a Knockin..

Don't answer.

Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 InTheWoods123

Reference to the Lolla Berlin lineup?

Snarky Snark Snark

Reference to the Lolla Berlin lineup?

Meh, not for me, would be on par though for a large scale pop type to be on the listing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

I'm starting to think Tame Impala is unlikely considering he's in the US for most of August and not playing any of these major festivals around the same dates as EP :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 InTheWoods123

I'm starting to think Tame Impala is unlikely considering he's in the US for most of August and not playing any of these major festivals around the same dates as EP :(

We can dream :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Bright Eyes just announced for Vicar St on September 4.

With that and End of the Road on that weekend, it's safe to rule them out of Stradbally now.

Might have to make the trip to Dublin for that, though.

Would that not make Bright Eyes more likely? See also Stormzy.

Edit - just seen Bull Black Nova's post so BE out. Very odd that EP would miss him that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Seathrun66 wrote: »

they've other bookings on 5th and 6th already

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Potentially of interest: https://www.laoistoday.ie/2020/02/18/electric-picnic-organiser-confirms-big-changes-to-2020-festival-following-meeting-with-laois-councillors/?fbclid=IwAR3VNA2eyF19VYfFajmpTPsBMC9nYfLGNxfQN6YJryfRoY-kt-D1aB6_yLg

"Mr Benn explained that an additional 30% of lands were to be made available at Stradbally Hall to cater for the increase in numbers with the area at the Main Stage being increased by approx. 25,000 m/sq."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Seathrun66 wrote: »

In Birmingham on the 5th and End of the Road on the 6th so no chance.

I also don't think Stormzy is gonna be there fwiw - but that's just based on the lack of headliners in the past who have played Dublin and the festival around the same time.

With the 3Arena dates doing well (Monday sold out, Tues is "low availability", whatever that means!) and the festival sold out, I don't see any practical reason it couldn't happen, I just don't think it will.

Has anyone other than Florence + the Machine done both EP and Dublin so close together? Like, the same week? Plenty do both within a few months but I don't recall any others so close together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ride played the Workman's the same night as they supported the Cure in Malahide last Summer. THE SAME NIGHT! Come on, Conor. Make an effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭endainoz

Potentially of interest: https://www.laoistoday.ie/2020/02/18/electric-picnic-organiser-confirms-big-changes-to-2020-festival-following-meeting-with-laois-councillors/?fbclid=IwAR3VNA2eyF19VYfFajmpTPsBMC9nYfLGNxfQN6YJryfRoY-kt-D1aB6_yLg

"Mr Benn explained that an additional 30% of lands were to be made available at Stradbally Hall to cater for the increase in numbers with the area at the Main Stage being increased by approx. 25,000 m/sq."

Interesting article, so I looks like old area used for mindfield will be used as part of the extra area for the main stage, probably will move the comedy tent also and possibly push back EA a bit to open things up?

That area around Electric Ireland and global green might be opened up a bit too. I think all this will have a positive effect of crowd congestion issues. Crowd issues around the woods or campsite entrances might be a bit harder to sort out alright.

Snarky Snark Snark

As long as they don't **** with my pink moon entrance, i don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’ve a fear there isn’t going to be much electronic in the line up

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cjdennis29

Just listening to Nicolas Jaar's new album as Against All Logic (2017-2019) He'd go down a treat after hours. Fully expecting him in handsomely big font come 11th now.

As much as I'd love him (espec. around the time of 2012-2017 - I was listening to that album a lot around EP 2018 so the two are inseperable for me, ha), he's not booked for any upcoming gigs past May :/

Snarky Snark Snark

Rfrip wrote: »

what about that cocktail bar round near the circus, they play dance music?

joke

Yeah it's a concern I have myself. This year's map will be greatly anticipated.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Afraidofwhatun

Rfrip wrote: »

Beginning to get the fear for the lineup on a whole. Many I would have reasonably hoped for (Angel Olsen, Tindersticks, Big Thief, Caribou, Flaming Lips) and now Bright Eyes all doing standalone gigs in the summer and beyond. Not to be jumping ship too early but seriously giving consideration to EOTR instead. Can't believe they missed out on Bright Eyes tbh. Unless of course they're going to be opening proceedings on the Thursday night...

As for your electronica fears, I'd be fairly confident they will be leaning more in that direction this year given the whole Terminus area etc. And as much as I love a good bit of house and techno music, have a feeling they'll go a bit overboard with it all in terms of cash spent.

Ah well, roll on the 11th March anyway. Surely they'll have a few nice surprises in store... just can't for the life of me guess who they'll be.

Snarky Snark Snark

There's always the fear of what will drop and what will not, every year though without fail there's always more than enough to keep everyone happy.

There are 22 sleeps till the announcement

There are 199 sleeps till E.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Mucker46

There's always the fear of what will drop and what will not, every year though without fail there's always more than enough to keep everyone happy.

There are 22 sleeps till the announcement

There are 199 sleeps till E.P.

Thats the spirit we need to get us to the 11th and beyond. Based on who appears to be doing festivals but also already playing in ireland i am struggling with who might headline. Sure there will be some for me even in the first announcement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Suede, EATB, Peter Hook, Supergrass, Ash, Fun Lovin Criminals not a bad line up over 2 days. Hoped some of these would be at EP but looks unlikely so got tickets for all aboard this morning. Bit of practice for EP which is needed as getting harder as i get older.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Beginning to get the fear for the lineup on a whole.

I have the fear but the wrong way around. Reading this thread is bad for my health. I'm dreading the 11th March. I didn't get tickets and have a cruise booked for the 10th September. I'm getting the feeling that I'll be absolutely kicking myself this time next month. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭rubick

James headlining Deer Shed Festival, 24-26th July 2020.

https://deershedfestival.com/music

I don't fear this lineup announcement at all, it's already gotten off to a great start. The only one likely to get added now is Liam Gallagher, after that things are fairly open. Picnic always pulls it out of the bag and it will again. The usual Facebook hysteria will come of course, but I do enjoy looking through it having a laugh.

The only real fear I have is the crowd increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭rubick

I have an unblemished record of Gallagher Brother Avoidance at festivals, a policy I fully intend to continue if one of them yet again shows up.

Snarky Snark Snark

rubick wrote: »
    I have an unblemished record of Gallagher Brother Avoidance at festivals, a policy I fully intend to continue if one of them yet again shows up.

The older one puts on a decent show. Foghorn leghorn I’ve no interest in seeing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

tenor.gif?itemid=14248386

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

everlast75 wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=14248386

😆😆😆😆

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Stillill42

What about the Yeah Yeah Yeahs? Australia July 24th, nothing after that. That would certainly float my boat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement