Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I wonder if he's playing Forbidden Fruit earlier that day (or **** Robot and Kelly-Anne Byrne for that matter), Hidden Agenda have had an involvement with it in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Just seen Andrew Weatherall has died. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭rubick

sweetie wrote: »
    Just seen Andrew Weatherall has died. RIP

Terrible news.
    Absolutely gutted.
    RIP Andy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Listening to a bit of afternoon Pavement. Seeing as those Primavera bastards have nabbed an exclusive on the comeback gigs, could we get a bit of Stephen Malkmus? He has a new album out shortly and is gigging it over in the States in the next couple of months.
    Also could somebody give me a reason to be optimistic about Bright Eyes making the hop over from EOTR? Any old ****e welcomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

11th March for announcement acc. to EP Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭endainoz

Ah yes, the announcement of the announcement! At least we have a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Listening to a bit of afternoon Pavement. Seeing as those Primavera bastards have nabbed an exclusive on the comeback gigs, could we get a bit of Stephen Malkmus? He has a new album out shortly and is gigging it over in the States in the next couple of months.
    Also could somebody give me a reason to be optimistic about Bright Eyes making the hop over from EOTR? Any old ****e welcomed.

He's played before but I missed him. Solo stuff in 2008 (maybe my fave year - Valentines, Pistols, Wilco, That Petrol Emotion, Sigur Ros, Tindersticks, Breeders, etc) so there's a good chance. Should be roughly a dozen acts from End of the Road.

He's very erratic live though. Random set lists and ever more inconsistent moods. Would love him back though.

Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    More than a little off topic but please indulge me. Other Voices is in Ballina again next month and has started with some goodies - Elbow, Denise Chaila and Jesca Hoop. I know there are some fans of the Bury crew on here so worth considering making the trip for that, you'll never see them in a more intimate setting.

For anyone interested in this, they're put the instructions on their twitter for attempting to obtain tickets, basically follow and re-tweet the message.

They've got David Gray also, quite a tasty line up.

For anyone interested in this, they're put the instructions on their twitter for attempting to obtain tickets, basically follow and re-tweet the message.

They've got David Gray also, quite a tasty line up.

It's my home town so got tickets on the day from pals. Also got into another set by waiting at the church gate (a song title the Smiths missed) and was let in with 18/20 others. In summary, if you want to see Elbow you'll probably manage it.

Snarky Snark Snark

It's my home town so got tickets on the day from pals. Also got into another set by waiting at the church gate (a song title the Smiths missed) and was let in with 18/20 others. In summary, if you want to see Elbow you'll probably manage it.

Would love to see them there, have tickets for end of March anyway.

• Advertisement

Would love to see them there, have tickets for end of March anyway.

Church set will be special, albeit only 30/40 mins long. The atmosphere in town was great last time and I'd expect it to be even better in a fortnight.

All depends on costs I'd say.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

11th March for announcement acc. to EP Twitter.

Any of the following would make me very happy if they were announced

Tame Impala
    Foals
    Royal Blood
    Brass Against
    Sea Girls
    Sam Fender(Has some decent songs)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 InTheWoods123

Any of the following would make me very happy if they were announced

Tame Impala
    Foals
    Royal Blood
    Brass Against
    Sea Girls
    Sam Fender(Has some decent songs)

I have to agree, these are some great shouts! If we got 2/3 of those with Impala we'd be set...

He's played before but I missed him. Solo stuff in 2008 (maybe my fave year - Valentines, Pistols, Wilco, That Petrol Emotion, Sigur Ros, Tindersticks, Breeders, etc) so there's a good chance. Should be roughly a dozen acts from End of the Road.

He's very erratic live though. Random set lists and ever more inconsistent moods. Would love him back though.

Yeah, he played with the Jicks in 2014, only time I've seen him. I really enjoyed it. 2008 before my time. I just had a look at the bill. Wrong thing to do in advance of this year's announcement. Them were the days.

Yeah, he played with the Jicks in 2014, only time I've seen him. I really enjoyed it. 2008 before my time. I just had a look at the bill. Wrong thing to do in advance of this year's announcement. Them were the days.

My fault. I wasn't clear. Was referring to Conor Oberst/Bright Eyes who's at EOTR.

Malkmus played EP early on too, maybe 2007/2008.

We could get both this year. Already lost a few goodies to ATN, Trinity, Dun Laoighaire gigs, etc but it could be a great EP if we've Tame Impala plus the best of EOTR.

My fault. I wasn't clear. Was referring to Conor Oberst/Bright Eyes who's at EOTR.

Malkmus played EP early on too, maybe 2007/2008.

We could get both this year. Already lost a few goodies to ATN, Trinity, Dun Laoighaire gigs, etc but it could be a great EP if we've Tame Impala plus the best of EOTR.

Ah ok. Look, I'll take any version of Conor we can get. Saw him with Phoebe Bridgers last year in Vicar Street, on his 'Ruminations ' tour a couple of years back and with los Desaparacidos (?) In the Button Factory and loved them all. He's written some of the best lyrics I've ever listened to. Bright Eyes would be a massive deal for me.

Ah ok. Look, I'll take any version of Conor we can get. Saw him with Phoebe Bridgers last year in Vicar Street, on his 'Ruminations ' tour a couple of years back and with los Desaparacidos (?) In the Button Factory and loved them all. He's written some of the best lyrics I've ever listened to. Bright Eyes would be a massive deal for me.

Bright Eyes huge for me too but you never know what you're getting. My fave BEs album, by far, is I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning. Went to see him do that at Somerset House in Summer 2005 shortly after it came out.

He played exactly one song from it and almost the entirity of Digital Ash which I love a lot less.

Seen him as BEs twice since and underwhelmed. Please Conor, return to EP and prove me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

11th March for the announcement,
    speculate on good people!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Would love for steven wilson or anathema to nab a spot on the bill.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,076 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Would love for steven wilson or anathema to nab a spot on the bill.

id literally shed a tear if hes announced.. but i dont think he does festivals (love to be proved wrong) ... he generally does auditorium type venues.

AFAIK hes only played ireland once ever..... (olympia. march 2018)

• Advertisement

I think we'll know the lay of the land a bit better after ATN announce before the end of February.

The Charlatans, Hardwick Festival, 23rd August.

a3-hardwick2-2020.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Afraidofwhatun

rubick wrote: »
    The Charlatans, Hardwick Festival, 23rd August.

a3-hardwick2-2020.jpg

Nice. Be well happy with them. NR&C on the other hand...zzz zzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Afraidofwhatun

Just listening to Nicolas Jaar's new album as Against All Logic (2017-2019) He'd go down a treat after hours. Fully expecting him in handsomely big font come 11th now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Bright Eyes just announced for Vicar St on September 4.

With that and End of the Road on that weekend, it's safe to rule them out of Stradbally now.

Might have to make the trip to Dublin for that, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Just listening to Nicolas Jaar's new album as Against All Logic (2017-2019) He'd go down a treat after hours. Fully expecting him in handsomely big font come 11th now.

The first AAL record is sensational. This one is a little less my taste but still v slick.

Bright Eyes just announced for Vicar St on September 4.

With that and End of the Road on that weekend, it's safe to rule them out of Stradbally now.

Might have to make the trip to Dublin for that, though.

September 4th? Models for the 5th in Stradbally, no? They better be, seeing as I'm out of action for the 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

September 4th? Models for the 5th in Stradbally, no? They better be, seeing as I'm out of action for the 4th.

Just checked the full list of dates. 'Fraid not.

4th in Dublin
    5th in Birmingham
    6th in End of the Road

****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

****e.

Miley cyrus is comin a Knockin..

Don't answer.

This discussion has been closed.