Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I see the Kinks are getting back together, could they be a possibility for EP 20, I would like to think so. :)

https://happymag.tv/the-kinks-reunion-is-finally-upon-us-dave-davies-confirms/?fbclid=IwAR2KPWUzR3NFUamjg4wMBAs7JWgkIUgaWTagY99QVDMbhnWg43f-k3tko1o

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,378 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

That would be incredible. !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I see the Kinks are getting back together, could they be a possibility for EP 20, I would like to think so. :)

https://happymag.tv/the-kinks-reunion-is-finally-upon-us-dave-davies-confirms/?fbclid=IwAR2KPWUzR3NFUamjg4wMBAs7JWgkIUgaWTagY99QVDMbhnWg43f-k3tko1o

We at least know where they'll be playing the last weekend of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Yes please

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

That would be absolutely brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Paula Temple in Terminus next year please

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=651960365296080

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Kiss are playing Download next year,get them over for a laugh!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Kiss are playing Download next year,get them over for a laugh!!!!

No, stop that right now.

nein nein nein nein
    AltruisticEverlastingBaiji-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭rubick

Just reading yesterday that Iron Maiden are playing Belsonic in Belfast next June.
    This is something of a change of pace from Biffy Clyro's annual visit.
    The Eavises surely wouldn't have them booked for Glastonbury's 50th, would they...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

rubick wrote: »
    Just reading yesterday that Iron Maiden are playing Belsonic in Belfast next June.
    This is something of a change of pace from Biffy Clyro's annual visit.
    The Eavises surely wouldn't have them booked for Glastonbury's 50th, would they...?
    no, they're playing Download festival a couple of weeks before, which basically never shares headliners, and Iron Maiden's Download and Belfast gigs are exclusive UK gigs this year anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭rubick

BREAKING NEWS

The Maiden aren't playing Glastonbury

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

We can also rule out Steel Panther as well as they are playing at Vicar Street in February ,saw them over in Eindhoven,good laugh,pure p*ss take of the whole glam metal 80s scene,although I think some of their set might have been a bit risky for EP, don’t think such family favourites as “Gloryhole” and “It ain’t going to suck itself” would go down well......!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

We can also rule out Steel Panther as well as they are playing at Vicar Street in February ,saw them over in Eindhoven,good laugh,pure p*ss take of the whole glam metal 80s scene,although I think some of their set might have been a bit risky for EP, don’t think such family favourites as “Gloryhole” and “It ain’t going to suck itself” would go down well......!!!!!!!

Are they not referring to Rowntree's Fruit Pastilles...you can't just suck 'em!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,297 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'll take the opportunity to post this from Spinal Tap..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Just watched 'Punk', documentary series on Sky Arts, all 4 episodes back to back. Brilliant stuff, amazing collection of musicians talking on it, incredible clips. I need to get some guitar music on.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Just watched 'Punk', documentary series on Sky Arts, all 4 episodes back to back. Brilliant stuff, amazing collection of musicians talking on it, incredible clips. I need to get some guitar music on.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. All good. But did it feature Kiss?

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. All good. But did it feature Kiss?

Alas no. It's all it was missing.

Duff McKagan was one of the talking heads. Very interesting. I wasn't really aware of his punk roots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Mucker46

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Pfttt tried to get Supergrass tickets for their x2 Olympia shows, not a chance! I'd say they could sell another night easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Pfttt tried to get Supergrass tickets for their x2 Olympia shows, not a chance! I'd say they could sell another night easily.

Got one in the pre-sale due to the boards thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Fatfrog wrote: »

I got standing tickets for the valentines day gig, even though it's not an ideal day for me.
    I also picked up standing tickets for the Saturday gig, which suits me better.

I'll give you 1st dibs on the Friday (14th) gig if you're interested.

I got standing tickets for the valentines day gig, even though it's not an ideal day for me.
    I also picked up standing tickets for the Saturday gig, which suits me better.

I'll give you 1st dibs on the Friday (14th) gig if you're interested.

Perhaps not an ideal day for many of us, nor our wallets.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Duff McKagan was one of the talking heads. Very interesting. I wasn't really aware of his punk roots

Nor I. Though he was playing The Clash's Clampdown on his recent tour (though not at EP). He always comes across as a very personable and mellow dude. Great Picnic set too.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

Today I feel like I’ve been at 3 consecutive EP’s - I am battered and bruised After the joy of an Ariana Grande gig (took one for the team!!) in the 3 Arena..! I’m convinced this is now the training camp for teenagers to learn how not to behave at festivals! Stood for 2 hours pre opening as my daughter wanted to be near the stage - no convincing her that this may not be a great idea...! Total time standing 7 hours! Teenage girls at gigs are proper little ****s with little or no regard for anyone! Watched the gig through the lense of phones- Snapchat central! They do not understand the concept of personal space - jump on my back there why don’t ya?! 3 arena???? Air conditioning was ****e kids dropping like flies my feet are black and blue today and I had “sensible shoes” on! I’ve a bruise on my ass and my rib...! These are the ones that are ruining the EP VIBE. there needs to be a TY course on festival etiquette it’s a life skill!!! Rant over!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Reded wrote: »
    Today I feel like I’ve been at 3 consecutive EP’s - I am battered and bruised After the joy of an Ariana Grande gig (took one for the team!!) in the 3 Arena..! I’m convinced this is now the training camp for teenagers to learn how not to behave at festivals! Stood for 2 hours pre opening as my daughter wanted to be near the stage - no convincing her that this may not be a great idea...! Total time standing 7 hours! Teenage girls at gigs are proper little ****s with little or no regard for anyone! Watched the gig through the lense of phones- Snapchat central! They do not understand the concept of personal space - jump on my back there why don’t ya?! 3 arena???? Air conditioning was ****e kids dropping like flies my feet are black and blue today and I had “sensible shoes” on! I’ve a bruise on my ass and my rib...! These are the ones that are ruining the EP VIBE. there needs to be a TY course on festival etiquette it’s a life skill!!! Rant over!

I'm impressed that after all of that, you've brought a sensible proposal to solve this--great suggestion!

Can you imagine them though, no phones, no climbing, no talking but listening, give applause...and don't expect someone else to do the applauding if you want an encore...do it yourself. In other words, attend it as if you'd invested in it yourself! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Those pesky kids!

I remember teenage me politely moving up to the front and standing perfectly still with my fingers on my lips at Prodigy and Oasis gigs in the 90s.

Defo didn't drink a flagon before and didn't dance or sing or anything. Just stood there behaving myself like all the other kids at the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Reded wrote: »

Fair points, except to be fair if you want to be at the front of a gig then you have to be willing to forfeit personal space for that

Fair points, except to be fair if you want to be at the front of a gig then you have to be willing to forfeit personal space for that

No real issue with that been in many’s the mosh pit... but without acting the ******ks plus... when people go early for that reason those coming 2 hours later trying to push through is my issue! There was one funny very tall guy there who was being berated for being tall and he should make way for the late comers and he was there at the start..! He told the girls with a wave of the hand “get over it-get over yourselves!”

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    Those pesky kids!

I remember teenage me politely moving up to the front and standing perfectly still with my fingers on my lips at Prodigy and Oasis gigs in the 90s.

Defo didn't drink a flagon before and didn't dance or sing or anything. Just stood there behaving myself like all the other kids at the gig.

The flagon!! One girl puked over the barrier onto a security guy and he was so understanding passed her water helped her clean up etc!! Above and beyond imo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement