Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Done. Depeche Mode pretty much wrapped up as headliners, lads. You're welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Davysulls86

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Done. Depeche Mode pretty much wrapped up as headliners, lads. You're welcome

If it comes down to votes, do you think Depeche Mode can get enough?

Sorry, not sorry. I'll get my coat.

If it comes down to votes, do you think Depeche Mode can get enough?

Sorry, not sorry. I'll get my coat.

Who knows, Davy. Best get your vote in. Everything counts. In large amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Yeah but its a competitive world!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,209 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It was a poor attempt at humour by Davy ;)

Must be better Davy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Davysulls86

sydthebeat wrote: »
    It was a poor attempt at humour by Davy ;)

Must be better Davy!!

I don't Enjoy the Silence

I don't Enjoy the Silence

I knew you'd never let me down again!

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭gandalfio

I knew you'd never let me down again!

No need to get personal. Jesus

gandalfio wrote: »
    No need to get personal. Jesus

It's no good.

I know my standards should be higher, but people and people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Yes Cradle of Filth and Cannibal Corpse got my vote on the questionnaire,let the chaos begin!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

I went for the all too predictable Radiohead and Daft Punk in number 1 and 2...I'm sure they laugh heartily the first 100 or so times they read those requests and roll their eyes from that point onwards!

Depeche Mode and The National in there also.

I put Bruno Mars in at number 5. Might aswell try to have some influence on the pop acts! I took my son to see him a few years ago and his band were insanely good with serious moves!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

I asked Santa for Radiohead (course), Wilco, Supergrass, Arcade Fire and Billy Bragg.

Nick Mason and Steven Wilson made appearances on my list....

Not gonna happen though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

.......I also threw in the mode ,r band,Biffy Clyro as well,more than likely we’ll end up with the likes of James Blunt headlining ,aaaghhhh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,984 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I..... I .....

I asked for Kylie

(and Billy Bragg, I am conflicted)

Look at us all pretending that they give a a **** about who we want to play. We're gas altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Seathrun66 wrote: »

It took me a lot longer than that. Not sure if I thought about it too much or I'm just getting old.

.......I also threw in the mode ,r band,Biffy Clyro as well,more than likely we’ll end up with the likes of James Blunt headlining ,aaaghhhh!!!

True. Tough to get the balance right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I went for Supergrass, Arcade Fire, Air, Beck & Blur.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Kylie, R word, Nick Cave and of course Aphex Twin... amongst others

• Advertisement

By the way, I dropped into my local sandwich place today and they're only playing Brighten the Corners, an entire Pavement album. Unheard of. You're trying to tell me it's not a sign? Sure. They're only playing Primavera. Sure they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AnnieOakes

M83, Aphex Twin, The Pixies, Tame Impala and System of a Down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I filled that survey out. I don't expect they'll pay any heed, but it's a good opportunity for us to let them know who we want and where they can improve.

The question about the importance of the location was a strange one alright.
    I expect it to be 60k next year, with the max the expanded site could handle being circa 65k i'd guess. If they moved location, well it wouldn't be the picnic anymore would it.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

I put in Aphex Twin and Electric Light Orchestra.

I was disappointed that there was nowhere to put in any real opinions like, Provide some showers on the Wilde/Chaplin side of the site. It was all drop-down stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Kepler21 wrote: »

I was disappointed that there was nowhere to put in any real opinions like, Provide some showers on the Wilde/Chaplin side of the site. It was all drop-down stuff.

I agree, would've liked a freeform box to put in any other suggestions. Especially since it took me 3 tries to get the damn thing completed because it kept saying I hadn't completed one of the questions. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I agree, would've liked a freeform box to put in any other suggestions. Especially since it took me 3 tries to get the damn thing completed because it kept saying I hadn't completed one of the questions. :rolleyes:

It was limited alright! The Kaleidoscope Festival Suvery had a lot more scope for free commenting. I know that means probably very little but it was nice to get the chance to say your piece.

Nick Mason and Steven Wilson made appearances on my list....

Not gonna happen though...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156118719197271&id=328046337270

OH HELL YES BABY!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭rubick

Tried to do the survey on my phone yesterday evening but it kept crashing.
    Sorted this morning, stick me down for an Aphex Twin, New Order, LCD Soundsystem combo, with Honourable Mentions for Kamasi Washington, De La Soul and The James, evening though the latter won't be touring; I just feel it's important to keep the hype going re: The James. In fact, whenever The James aren't on screen, people should be asking, "Hey, where's The James?".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭rubick

Kepler21 wrote: »

The dude that runs Eco told us last year that they were hoping to have Loowatt (or similar) showers installed in the campsite for 2019 - didn't materialise though. Probably the only thing I'd change about Eco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Did Chase and Status ever play the Picnic? I think another one that evaded the radar.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement