Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Wishlists is it..

Big Thief
    Bill Callaghan
    Blake Mills
    Cat Power
    The Cure
    Daughter
    Edwyn Collins
    Fionn Regan
    John Grant
    Julia Jacklin
    Kurt Vile
    Lankum
    Laura Marling
    LCD
    Leif Vollebekk
    Nadia Reid
    New Order
    Public Service Broadcasting
    Ride
    Rolling BCF
    Sufjan Stevens
    Sun Kill Moon
    The Surfing Magazines
    Warpaint
    The Wave Pictures

Now yer talkin'!!!

And all in alphabetical order...any more tricks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭rubick

Had a few thoughts for the 2020 Wish List:

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
    De La Soul
    The Charlatans
    LCD Soundsystem
    The Cat Empire
    Acid Mother's Temple
    Goat
    Dead Man's Chest
    The Comet Is Coming
    HAAI
    Stanton Warriors
    Squarepusher
    Underworld

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Great lists, lads. It's coming together nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I'm sure this has been asked a gazillion times in sure but, when do the next batch of tickets go on sale? Can't seem to find it online. Qued for an hour and a half on Saturday morning 9am online and still didn't get anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I'm sure this has been asked a gazillion times in sure but, when do the next batch of tickets go on sale? Can't seem to find it online. Qued for an hour and a half on Saturday morning 9am online and still didn't get anything.

Think it's usually in December to get the christmas market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Ouch. Thought it'd be a lot closer than that. Thanks for reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Wasn't it earlier last year? I seem to remember the festival being sold out by Oct/Nov. And if so they'll likely be up for sale again soonish. Money in the bank for FR.

I'd also guess that the only thing blocking sale of the remainder is resolving the capacity for 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭endainoz

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    You seen him play locally yet? He did a small gig at the Black Gate in Galway in July and was on really good form.

He doesn't seem to be doing small local gigs as of yet. Hopefully he'll follow the other local famous resident Luka Bloom and pop up everywhere in pub sessions and Cafe's etc.

Snarky Snark Snark

Wasn't it earlier last year? I seem to remember the festival being sold out by Oct/Nov. And if so they'll likely be up for sale again soonish. Money in the bank for FR.

did a quick google, it was December 3rd last year.

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/electric-picnic-tickets-2019

I loved the gig recommendations from here last year. Relevant to an EP thread as always a chance of the act appearing there.

And so, anyone off to Edwyn Collins in Dublin or Belfast this week?

And for those in Dublin do you mind if I recommend a Galway post-punk crew who are doing a gig at the Workmans on Sun night? Not an ideal night but they're pretty great and a fave of Paul McLoone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭blackwhite

I'd also guess that the only thing blocking sale of the remainder is resolving the capacity for 2020.

3rd December last year

did a quick google, it was December 3rd last year.

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/electric-picnic-tickets-2019

Cool. Your googling skills better than mine.

Same again this year with 2.5k to 5k more to offload. And Benn is right in saying he could easily sell double the capacity.

endainoz wrote: »
    He doesn't seem to be doing small local gigs as of yet. Hopefully he'll follow the other local famous resident Luka Bloom and pop up everywhere in pub sessions and Cafe's etc.

Surprising, but maybe he's just feeling his way around after returning. His Galway gig was in a 55-60 capacity venue. Other gigs nationwide seem pretty low key too. He knows he can do much bigger but maybe he's just chilling for a while after returning home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭Alkers

no caravan, no campervan ... oh dear.

no 3+ remaining

Hi Pablo, we purchased both a campervan and a car & caravan ticket by accident as two people in our group bought them. First refusal on the campervan to you before it goes on toutless.

Snarky Snark Snark

And Benn is right in saying he could easily sell double the capacity.

At the moment yes, wait till the brits go full brexit and no acts are able to get here.

We'll wind up with U2 headlining the Friday, Wee Daniel the Saturday and Twink doing double shifts on the pole dancin in Gerry fish and a burlesque strip show in the dirty circus tent yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭Alkers

I can see there being a lot more Tier 2 acts this year than big headliners. The main stage at EP just can't accommodate big headlines like Glastonbury etc can, most of the rush / swarm incidents this year seem to have happened at Billie Eilish this year Dua Lipa last year so maybe they will try to avoid such popular acts in future?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

More of those type of acts I would have thought. The crowd for some of the 'older' acts was poor.
    We were able to get way past the sound desk for the strokes, and comfortably up near the front for Richard Ashcroft.

Alkers wrote: »
    I can see there being a lot more Tier 2 acts this year than big headliners. The main stage at EP just can't accommodate big headlines like Glastonbury etc can, most of the rush / swarm incidents this year seem to have happened at Billie Eilish this year Dua Lipa last year so maybe they will try to avoid such popular acts in future?

I'd estimate there's space at the main stage for 40k people. Glastonbury is the largest festival on the planet and not comparable in terms of capacity.

The issue with numbers lies with security and planning. I think they need to remove at least one of the viewing platforms at the back, the worst being the one by the beer tent that leads to risky bottlenecking.

At the moment yes, wait till the brits go full brexit and no acts are able to get here.

We'll wind up with U2 headlining the Friday, Wee Daniel the Saturday and Twink doing double shifts on the pole dancin in Gerry fish and a burlesque strip show in the dirty circus tent yet...

Project Fear?

Snarky Snark Snark

Project Fear?

Depends, if Twink goes full birthday suit then project nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I'm having my lunch, lads. Come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

It used to be early March in previous years, but they went on sale last year in December because there was a VAT increase in January that they wanted to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Pumpkins are going to play EP 20, hearing them all over the place the last week, same happened with EATB last year, was in the pub the day after EP and Killing moon came on, heard it about 4 times that week

It's science.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Just get this girl...

sweetie wrote: »
    Amy said he had to go to the White house! some book thing. I'm working my way through his stuff, he's a great writer.

Can't see Vlautin being happy to accept an invitation from a self-confessed non-reader in the Oval Office. Unless he went to make mischief.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Dany Hitch

rubick wrote: »
    *low quality rave klaxon*

Hey guys, my Crap House Music alarm went off. I can only assume someone mentioned Calvin Harris, David Guetta or Swedish House Mafia.

Measures will be taken, please be assured we have our best people on this to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Monday mornings, eh?

Could be worse. Suspend reality for a moment and imagine the horror if EP booked Scooter as a heritage act? :eek:

Snarky Snark Snark

Dany Hitch wrote: »
    Could be worse. Suspend reality for a moment and imagine the horror if EP booked Scooter as a heritage act? :eek:

They would be epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭endainoz

Dany Hitch wrote:
    Could be worse. Suspend reality for a moment and imagine the horror if EP booked Scooter as a heritage act?

Couldn't think of a better slot than electric Ireland for them! Would be a guilty pleasure of many around here too I'd wager.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭thebusher

Why was he missing, book tour or something. Met them all after their Galway gig, a very chatty & sound bunch, enormously happy to be on the road again after Amy Boone's car accident and their three year break. Loved that gig, easily amongst my best of the year.

Willy had been nominated for an award for his book Don't Skip Out on Me so couldnt do the dates. Brilliant brilliant book.

Their Colfax album is a thing of beauty.

Saw the last Richmond Fontaine gig here at Roots a few years back. It was electric.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭thebusher

Will get the TCM whatsapp up and running later tonight or tomorrow. Anymore takers? Got 4 of ye so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement