Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭endainoz

Looks like these guys can be ruled put for EP 20

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.joe.ie/amp/music/green-day-fall-out-boy-weezer-dublin-681133

Fantastic gig for the RDS though, well I could take or leave Fall Out Boy....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ep tickets bought Saturday...bon iver tickets bought this morning

Come on Robyn for the hat-trick!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

endainoz wrote: »
    Looks like these guys can be ruled put for EP 20

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.joe.ie/amp/music/green-day-fall-out-boy-weezer-dublin-681133

Fantastic gig for the RDS though, well I could take or leave Fall Out Boy....

fecking GreenDay though - would do Weezer on their own but can't abide GreenDay anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Nice bit of plod to cater for the dads.:)

Them's fighin words.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

New music from Elbow, would expect to see them on the festival circuit next year.

Oh don't say that, it'd make me regret not getting a ticket. :(

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

The last time they played it was on the back of a tour earlier in the year so hopefully we might get them elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭rubick

Pet Shop Boys have announced a Greatest Hits tour for next May/June.
    Glastonbury cert you'd think, I'd say there's a fair chance of them turning up in Stradbally too.

Snarky Snark Snark

rubick wrote: »
    Pet Shop Boys have announced a Greatest Hits tour for next May/June.
    Glastonbury cert you'd think, I'd say there's a fair chance of them turning up in Stradbally too.

I'd love to see them again, they didn't go down that well last time they played (2014?), lot of grumblin at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

I love to see them again, they didn't go down that well last time they played (2014?), lot of grumblin at the time.

I thought they were great last time they played, put on a great show, but I am famous for being out of steps with most opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭rubick

We didn't actually see most of their set - they came on late as far as I can remember and we had a prior engagement with a man about a rave in a wood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Kepler21 wrote: »
    I thought they were great last time they played, put on a great show, but I am famous for being out of steps with most opinions.

Same here. Never seen them being less than great. Best of all when they headlined the Electric Arena to finish the festival back in 2006. What an atmosphere that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Davysulls86

I am back bitches!!
    Missed this year due to a heavily pregnant wife. Tickets sorted for next year, now just to get the idea that bringing an 11 month old to EP next year is a good idea out of the Mrs head...
    Looking forward to the weather prediction section of the thread starting. I think it's going to rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beecee

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Same here. Never seen them being less than great. Best of all when they headlined the Electric Arena to finish the festival back in 2006. What an atmosphere that was.

That was unreal. One of my EP highlights!

Them's fighin words.

Teenager kicking words in fact

• Subscribers Posts: 41,378 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I am back bitches!!
    Missed this year due to a heavily pregnant wife. Tickets sorted for next year, now just to get the idea that bringing an 11 month old to EP next year is a good idea out of the Mrs head...
    Looking forward to the weather prediction section of the thread starting. I think it's going to rain.

My predictions...

Mrs davysulls86 ain't getting none during October and November.....

sydthebeat wrote: »
    My predictions...

Mrs davysulls86 ain't getting none during October and November.....

Well, the baby has yet to arrive, so I reckon I'll be beaten with a stick if I suggest anything other than chocolate between now and Xmas.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,378 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Well, the baby has yet to arrive, so I reckon I'll be beaten with a stick if I suggest anything other than chocolate between now and Xmas.

Beers with the boys so
    ;)

And congrats!!!

We've a due date of 25 Sept yet I somehow managed to wrangle two days at this year's fest. Ya shoulda dispensed the chocolates earlier Davy.

We've a due date of 25 Sept yet I somehow managed to wrangle two days at this year's fest. Ya shoulda dispensed the chocolates earlier Davy.

We're October 2nd.

I made the decision early this year not to go, it's a weekend we've always done together since we started going out, so I didn't think it was fair. Plus, I'm hoping I've a bit of credit in the bank now.

Best of luck to you both with everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

rubick wrote: »
    We didn't actually see most of their set - they came on late as far as I can remember and we had a prior engagement with a man about a rave in a wood.

Sunil Sharpe (Rave in the Woods) if it was the 2014 one I think.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

We're October 2nd.

I made the decision early this year not to go, it's a weekend we've always done together since we started going out, so I didn't think it was fair. Plus, I'm hoping I've a bit of credit in the bank now.

Best of luck to you both with everything.

You're a better man than I Davy Sull.

And good luck with everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Bless. A flock of EP thread babies. I feel like Cilla celebrating a Blind date wedding. Good luck to yis all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Kepler21 wrote: »

I agree with you kepler thought it was great

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I enjoyed PSB @ EP but couldn’t help feeling it would have been great to see them 10-20 years earlier.

Only time I’ve seen them live - hated them as a kid, loved them since my early twenties.

Would def take them back in Stradbally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

We've a due date of 25 Sept
    We're October 2nd.

Congrats lads.

We missed last year as our young fella was only 8 weeks old at the time.
    We both went this year and had a great time, but the tiredness must have played a big part as I was only able for one heavy night (Friday) and took it very easy the next 2 days...

Get all the sleep you can, and start taking the milk thistle in the lead up to next years picnic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I enjoyed PSB @ EP but couldn’t help feeling it would have been great to see them 10-20 years earlier.

Only time I’ve seen them live - hated them as a kid, loved them since my early twenties.

Would def take them back in Stradbally

It's early. I read this as Public Service Broadcasting. Was a bit of a head scratcher. Need another coffee clearly.

EP official competition for tickets, takes 3/4 mins to fill in a survey.

https://form.jotformeu.com/92473116424353?fbclid=IwAR0nt3_C1Aj_-MQ6nLAqXnVjft8WWQisJ7bb5TmPb7vAyEjmE6dt3ecYcXE

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Oh GREAT! Now they all know about it! Was hoping I was the only one entering it!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

"How important is location when thinking of buying tickets?"

Strange question. Would they ever think of moving?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Bruce2008 wrote: »
    Oh GREAT! Now they all know about it! Was hoping I was the only one entering it!

On the other hand, they will probably make a word cloud from the headline and other act suggestions, so get typing r...a...d...i....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement