Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Dany Hitch

endainoz wrote: »
    Couldn't think of a better slot than electric Ireland for them! Would be a guilty pleasure of many around here too I'd wager.

I'd say they pull a crowd alright and yeah, a guilty pleasure of mine too.

I can picture it now: Baxxter on the mike: BACK IN IRELAND. SCOOTER IN DA HOUSE!

Audio carnage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭endainoz

Plus all the songs pretty much the same so you could shag off after like 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Dany Hitch wrote: »
    Could be worse. Suspend reality for a moment and imagine the horror if EP booked Scooter as a heritage act? :eek:

Had to Google that? Now experiencing surfer's remorse.

thebusher wrote: »
    Willy had been nominated for an award for his book Don't Skip Out on Me so couldnt do the dates. Brilliant brilliant book.

Their Colfax album is a thing of beauty.

Saw the last Richmond Fontaine gig here at Roots a few years back. It was electric.

Love that but prefer Imperial. They're a bit special. Only ever caught RF once and that was at EP. Great then but I reckon the Delines are outdoing them.

And it's high time i started reading Vlautin. Movie version of Lean on Pete was lovely but still not gone through his books. And it's increasingly looking like that's an error on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Had to Google that? Now experiencing surfer's remorse.

Never could tell if they were actually serious at what they’re doing but the throwback stage would be waaay too small for the crowd they’d attract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Dany Hitch wrote: »
    rubick wrote: »
    *low quality rave klaxon*

Hey guys, my Crap House Music alarm went off. I can only assume someone mentioned Calvin Harris, David Guetta or Swedish House Mafia.

Measures will be taken, please be assured we have our best people on this to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Monday mornings, eh?

Could be worse. Suspend reality for a moment and imagine the horror if EP booked Scooter as a heritage act? :eek:

Nah everyone knows Scooter and Scatman John both died by talking 20 yokes each. True story

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Col45

Hi missed out on Saturday on the laptop from nine but no luck for family camping. Will there be more family camping released with next release of tickets?

Snarky Snark Snark

Col45 wrote: »
    Hi missed out on Saturday on the laptop from nine but no luck for family camping. Will there be more family camping released with next release of tickets?

Post #1 in thread
    =====
    Will there be more family / campervan / non-standard tickets on release?

No, these are of limited supply and usually sell out within the first few days of ticket release.
    If you've missed them then please keep your eyes on Toutless to try and pick up one at cost price.

Note: For family camping, you MUST pre-register your crotch fruit.
    Failure to do so will likely result in them being placed on donedeal where you will not recoup your investment in them.
    =====

When they're sold out, they're sold out but there are always people who've bought them in mistake or are not able to go closer to the event, keep eyes on toutless and here. For the limited tickets such as those it's a bit of a crap shoot as to whether you'll get them but they're your best hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Wooderson

If you missed out on Family by now youre too late to pick them up via TM. Pal of mine has been in this position, but bought standard tickets to have ready for a swap closer to the festival time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Alkers wrote: »
    Hi Pablo, we purchased both a campervan and a car & caravan ticket by accident as two people in our group bought them. First refusal on the campervan to you before it goes on toutless.

Turns out there is a god and his/her name is Alkers ...

This has put a smile on my face.

Thank you so much!

• Advertisement

Here is an interesting one for campervanners. SOrry in advance for the long post, so I put a TL;DR at the bottom

At this year's festival, there was a new fire officer around the campervan field. He was getting all fussy about awnings and tents and was sending out security to tell people to take them down. Everybody ignored this and the problem seemed to go away by Saturday afternoon.

I woke up Friday morning and discovered that I was out of gas even though I had a fresh bottle in for ATN. I drove out in the car telling security on the way that I was going out to get a gas bottle. "no bother .. see you soon". As I was heading out gate 4 the security (local girl) tells me .. "don't go to Stradbally, its jammers down there. Go to Timahoe, there is a guy there that sells gas bottles". I go and get the bottle. My caravan takes 7kg bottles and your man only had 11kg ones. No worries. He didnt charge me the deposit. Sound bloke. So I drive back, sneaking in gate 3 telling the security I just picked up a gas bottle.. grand.

I get the bottle out of the car and two security guys come over.

Security: "You are not going to like this, but the fire officer has seen the gas bottle and we have to confiscate it until Monday".
    Me "Please no, I will have no hot water and no fridge:
    Security: "He has seen it now and expects us to bring him the bottle".
    Me: "How about I give you the empty one?"
    Security: "OK, That'll work. Get that one indoors and do not let it be seen"
    Legends, the pair of them.

Now this 11kg doesn't fit in the bay so i wrap it in a bin bag and trail the hose out the door. We are up and running.

Saturday morning they knocked on the door looking to take it again. We just didn't answer and that was the last we heard of it.

Picked up the empty on the way out Monday.

TL;DR: Do not let your gas bottles be seen outside the camper or they will be confiscated!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,378 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Whats the problem with exposed gas cylinders in a campervan area??

You see that absolutely everywhere.

Where I am right now there's one exposed gas cylinder connected to every chalet/camper and a separate one connected to bbqs practically right beside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

mildly on the subject of gas.....

there was a party cooking breakfast in pink moon on a gas stove
    outside their tent right in front of the information "desk" beside the arena entrance, yer man had it propped up on high on a table, couldnt have been more obvious if he tried, they didnt give a monkeys

so much for no camp stoves!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Couple of tents in Harvest Moon had the disposable BBQs out on Sat morning

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

@Pablo: sorry for stupid question but does your caravan have a fridge? I know there are no electrical hook ups at EP but it is possible to use it any form?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭Alkers

@Pablo: sorry for stupid question but does your caravan have a fridge? I know there are no electrical hook ups at EP but it is possible to use it any form?

Fridge works off gas

ATN had it clear on their t&C's. "No gas cylinders including campervans and caravans". It's not really enforced. They just ask you coming in if you have gas. You say no and on you go.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Whats the problem with exposed gas cylinders in a campervan area??

You see that absolutely everywhere.

Where I am right now there's one exposed gas cylinder connected to every chalet/camper and a separate one connected to bbqs practically right beside.

It's a daft rule. Without gas, most of the advantages of a camper are gone. I don't ever remember seeing this on the EP T&C's.

It's a daft rule. Without gas, most of the advantages of a camper are gone. I don't ever remember seeing this on the EP T&C's.

Covering themselves legally in case of any mishaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Covering themselves legally in case of any mishaps?

My first year at EP some girl got badly injured because she lot a candle in her PM tent and fell asleep, next year candles were on the banned list, mad to think they weren't before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Poorside wrote: »
    My first year at EP some girl got badly injured because she lot a candle in her PM tent and fell asleep, next year candles were on the banned list, mad to think they weren't before that.

I remember that incident. You'd think the danger in that would be obvious but not to some it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

My first year at EP some girl got badly injured because she got mauled by a tiger in her PM tent and fell asleep, next year tigers were on the banned list, mad to think they weren't before that.

Poorside wrote: »

Wasn't there a carbon monoxide poisoning in a campervan one year (2010/2011?) from a running generator, or have I imagined that? Wasn't fatal but the guy required hospitalisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

BaZmO* wrote: »
    My first year at EP some girl got badly injured because she got mauled by a tiger in her PM tent and fell asleep, next year tigers were on the banned list, mad to think they weren't before that.
    That's funny, Baz. Poorside had a very similar experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

I brought a trangia type stove a few times. Only ever used it (a bit) away from the tents where there was room (Family and Pink Moon). It was only to boil some water to make a coffee. It was only after that, that I even noticed you were not supposed to.

TBH it was more trouble than it was worth. It's all fine in a campervan/caravan. But if you are camping and carrying all your gear in, less is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

BaZmO* wrote: »

What kind of tiger? Fairly sure I'll have no problem bringing in my Bengali again next year.

Snarky Snark Snark

New music from Elbow, would expect to see them on the festival circuit next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What did you think of the terminus marquee, I visited it twice during the weekend, a great addition but quite confusing with the electronica in Electric Arena too on Saturday night, it was definitely a more older clientele for Richie Hawtin and Four Tet, terminus got a much younger crowd. Well impressed with it, I like the freight containers, gave it a kind of Colosseum look.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭fiveleavesleft

New music from Elbow, would expect to see them on the festival circuit next year.

Nice bit of plod to cater for the dads.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭GentleHumour

I thought Terminus was great but, as others have said, criminally underused. I think there was only 10 acts on it across the whole weekend (11 if you count the 2 Johnnies, which I don’t.)

Impressive aesthetically with the container look and the sound, lights and visuals spot on. I caught Amelie Lens and Maceo Plex there. Missed Kolsch due to clash city on the Sunday.

Finishing at midnight was also a little silly I think. That tent should only be starting to peak then. Needs to run until 2/3am next year.

A great addition and hoping that they were just finding their feet with this year, but will add more acts for next.

Bicep in that tent in on the Friday night 2020, if you’re reading Mr. Booker! ��

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement