Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Newbieee

Hopefully this helps but in the last campaign with a ML number in the region of 300 (out of 1050) and with all remaining stages going without a hitch and relatively fast from finding out ML email to start date it was approx 10 months

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Newbieee wrote: »
    Hopefully this helps but in the last campaign with a ML number in the region of 300 (out of 1050) and with all remaining stages going without a hitch and relatively fast from finding out ML email to start date it was approx 10 months

Thank you Newbieee. But the fact that i have not ben selected in any of the 3 FT groups says that i am in no way in the first 240 places of the ML. Therefore, i wonder if they will exhaust the list down to positions like 600-700s and when? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BelfastGuy65

mariyapsni wrote: »
    Thank you Newbieee. But the fact that i have not ben selected in any of the 3 FT groups says that i am in no way in the first 240 places of the ML. Therefore, i wonder if they will exhaust the list down to positions like 600-700s and when? :confused:

Im in the same boat, all we can do is be positive and hope for the best

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭North Coast John

Any thoughts on what the intake numbers will be folks? Less than 600?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PSNI2020

Medical passed! Hopefully now it’s just the waiting game left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

PSNI2020 wrote: »
    Medical passed! Hopefully now it’s just the waiting game left.

Congrats - good to hear some good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 FairCop

Seen yesterday that the NI executive is getting an extra £220m through Barnet formula due to extra spending on NHS England. Might all go to DoH but doesn't have to. Hopefully some will go to DoJ and onto PSNI...fingers crossed all..

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

CC’s next policing board meeting is on the 1st April. Hopefully we find out more then.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Big_A

Anyone ever have to see the Doctor on the day at medical and what they do as such?

Hopefully we get some good news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Dex2020

Didn’t pass the PCA , looking for advice on the best training to do , really want to get through and pass this second go.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

Passed the pca - one step closer! Good luck to anyone who has theirs coming up soon.
    @Dex2020 sorry to hear that. I focused more on cardio/distance running/HIIT than strength training. You’ll get it second time

Passed the pca - one step closer! Good luck to anyone who has theirs coming up soon.
    @Dex2020 sorry to hear that. I focused more on cardio/distance running/HIIT than strength training. You’ll get it second time

Congrats chief! Glad to hear it!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

MrChew wrote: »
    Congrats chief! Glad to hear it!
    Thanks buddy..appreciate it. Big relief

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

Hi folks hope everyone’s keeping well.

Passed my PCA too. Just the medical to go for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CMAG90

Congrats to all who passed today.. i also got through it ( Just about ) but a pass none the less. If i was to do it again i definately would have focused more on HITT training as the constant obstacles coming at you takes it out of the body quite quickly. Work on getting yourself to the point of exhaustion each workout and prepare the body to feel tired and push through. Hope that helps and good luck on the 2nd attempt... just the medical to go ... see you all in GV soon hopefully (fingers and toes crossed)

Good luck with your medicals guys- that was the stage I was most worried about. Let's hope we'll hear some more news soon. I wonder if the ACs are close to finished yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

Good luck with your medicals guys- that was the stage I was most worried about. Let's hope we'll hear some more news soon. I wonder if the ACs are close to finished yet?

Going by the JoinPSNI website my understanding is that they are still to be conducted.

Hello darkness my old friend

They won't be finished until the health regulations permit which, according to the roadmap, isn't going to be for a while. It'll probably be a month or so at least before they are in a position to consider recommencing ACs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 LC20

Medical passed so all is done - just to wait on the SMT results. Anyone from FT1 still waiting on vetting?

I think I am part of FT1 and I got my vetting cleared late November. Got my SMT result a few weeks ago as well.

Also congratulations. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LC20

Also congratulations. :)

Thanks 😊!!
    I’m just waiting on vetting - I have emailed them and it said it’s still pending. I know there are still a few waiting for the vetting from FT1 but I would love for it to come through soon then all is done and I can relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SausageDog33

Yea im also appointable now!

Any guesses on how many of us are currently appoitnable?

Any guesses on how many of us are currently appoitnable?

There's no way of making an educated guess given there are so many factors in play. You'd need an FOI to answer that.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paulo345

At my medical I was asked for every prescription I have taken in the last 3 months, worried now about the cocodamol I was prescribed in September (6months ago) will it show in my hair and I will look like I’m hiding something?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 5031

In theory a 3cm sample of hair will mean roughly a 3 month drug test as hair grows approximately 1cm p/m.

How many fast track groups have there been now?

• Advertisement

I wouldn't worry about your SMT mate. Its only cocodamol. Maybe send them an email if you're really worried.

I heard there were 3 fast track groups? Not too sure tho.

Advertisement