Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

No big changes in the models, windy on coasts with a few higher gusts up to 90 or 100Km/h at the very most on exposed headlands in the SW and S. Very wet around Tralee earlier, rain has eased now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Bucketing rain in Dublin 16. 8.2mm so far today.

177.4mm for the month so far. Wettest month here since February 2014 (183.2mm).

Edit: 180.0mm now for the month so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Bucketing rain in Dublin 16. 8.2mm so far today.

177.4mm for the month so far. Wettest month here since February 2014 (183.2mm).

Spare a thought for Asford co Wicklow where the total is now 271mm for November
    That's almost 11 inches

Www.wicklowweather.com

I had a similar total near Arklow last year which was localised
    As these fronts tackle the land sea border in the east ,there is evidence of random drag with rain total bumps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

Exactly 100mm of rain for Month in Sligo town

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Wet and quite windy this morning across south Laois, interestingly the wind here this morning has been stronger than "Storm Lorenzo" with a stern east wind.

A peak gust of 40mph was recorded just after 8am and is the first gale gust recorded here since Lorenzo's 39mph.

Gone over the 100mm mark also for November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Spare a thought for Asford co Wicklow where the total is now 271mm for November
    That's almost 11 inches

Www.wicklowweather.com

I had a similar total near Arklow last year which was localised
    As these fronts tackle the land sea border in the east ,there is evidence of random drag with rain total bumps

Yep wettest period I ever remember here. We often get the benefit of the rain shadow of the Wicklow mountains, it seems all the moisture is coming from the south and east and being trapped over us by the mountains!
    Hopefully it comes from the north and east when the temps drop and we'll have some nice streamers!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Brutal out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Brutal out there.

Agreed - rain stopped here (near Riverstick Co Cork) earlier but the wind is strong, very turbulent day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

I thought it couldn't get any worse but this mornings weather really takes the biscuit!

Lashing rain + windy. It's going to be some monthly total at Dublin airport.

Syran what is the max recorded in Dublin airport for rainfall because I'd say this month will be pretty close.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Terrible day in Galway with rain easing now but very dark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Definite resistance noticed opening the car door this morning at school drop off in Douglas, Cork... nasty day out! This month has just been miserable!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just ventured out to drag/walk a 20 kg bag of coal nearer the door.. Fierce out there and inhospitable to human life.

Clouds are coming in kind of diagonally over the ocean, Next year may try to learn cloud language... lol...

Wind is rising rapidly and the ocean a maelstrom.

Tucked in shivering with a fresh HWB and safe from the malignant elements.

Fire lit and piled high..

west mayo offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

appledrop wrote: »
    I thought it couldn't get any worse but this mornings weather really takes the biscuit!

Lashing rain + windy. It's going to be some monthly total at Dublin airport.

Syran what is the max recorded in Dublin airport for rainfall because I'd say this month will be pretty close.

Here’s the wettest Novembers thanks to Oneiric 3. So up to yesterday with 164.8mm, it’s currently the 4th wettest November on record. The wettest month overall was December 1978 with 217.0mm followed by December 2015 with 193.5mm... last I checked anyway. Don’t have the data in front of me right now.
    Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Top 5 wettest November's on record at Dublin Apt (not including this month)

(mm)
    1.2002 - 185.8
    2.1965 - 182.3
    3.2009 - 171.3
    4.1995 - 145.6
    5.2000 - 141.3

All that data 'n' shhhhtuff from Met Eireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Strong winds in cork city today, cold enough too. Just over 14mm of rain recorded since midnight. In need of a dry spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Winds have started to ease Kinsale coast, wild out here today.

Thanks Sryan will we will definitely be above 170 by end of today as still raining. I'd say we have a good chance of it been wettest November ever before the week is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It's actually Newports 5th driest November and the 16th time of breaking 150mm after today's rainfall in 20 years currently.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rained all night and into this morning at Dunshaughlin. Side roads flooded again, gardens and driveways waterlogged from what seems like almost a week of non stop rain, drizzle and mist. I don't think I've seen the sun in over a week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

however, some positive news. From tomorrow we should be in a temporary dryer setup. The deluges will be taking a break. There might be some light rain or showers over the next few days, then a nice dry weekend and for the early part of next week. Hopefully some cold frosty nights, atmospheric foggy mornings and dazzling sunshine in the afternoons over the weekend. It will certainly make a change.

The rains return from the 5th/6th of December and some of them could be slightly wintry at times.

Morrison’s island and union quay in cork already starting to flood, half an hour from high tide.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Gonzo wrote: »
    rained all night and into this morning at Dunshaughlin. Side roads flooded again, gardens and driveways waterlogged from what seems like almost a week of non stop rain, drizzle and mist. I don't think I've seen the sun in over a week.

Lwo0CTF.gif

New Moon

#CorkFloods on twitter is getting interesting, especially the one below. Can literally see the water flowing into the city. Cant drive down past St Finbarrs church now, thats a busy road to close.

https://twitter.com/torban69/status/1199371872128946176?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Road closed in Kinsale high tide flood.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

#CorkFloods on twitter is getting interesting, especially the one below. Can literally see the water flowing into the city. Cant drive down past St Finbarrs church now, thats a busy road to close.

https://twitter.com/torban69/status/1199371872128946176?s=20

Christ, there are some ignorant people around, driving way too fast and pushing all the water onto the footpaths towards businesses

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Lashing rain in Arklow at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Lashing rain in Arklow at the moment

Thought I heard some thunde.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Raining again in Dublin 16. 2.2mm so far today.

183.4mm for the month so far. Now the wettest month here since June 2012.

June 2012 would be hard to beat with 242.4mm that month.

Advertisement