Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Hopefully we get our cold in December and January and not Springtime as what usually happens...you just want a bit of heat by then...I dont know what happened to Spring but its colder than Winter in recent years...not like the Spring we used to get years ago...when it was the best weather we'd get all year alot of the times

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Hopefully we get our cold in December and January and not Springtime as what usually happens...you just want a bit of heat by then...I dont know what happened to Spring but its colder than Winter in recent years...not like the Spring we used to get years ago...when it was the best weather we'd get all year alot of the times

Winter seemed to last till the end of June this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Spot on it did indeed! I'll get depressed if start thinking about summer because June + August really were a write off this year + July only decent month.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Have you forgotten about the warm dry sunny weather we had around Easter this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Have you forgotten about the warm dry sunny weather we had around Easter this year?

A few days i remember cycling to dun laoighaire on easter sunday and it was bliss. That was a freak occurrence this year though! Another horrible rainy morning in Dublin but seems to have cleared up now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

A few days i remember cycling to dun laoighaire on easter sunday and it was bliss. That was a freak occurrence this year though! Another horrible rainy morning in Dublin but seems to have cleared up now.

Nope, it definitely hasn’t cleared up in Dublin! Looks like we are in for a torrid Friday afternoon. Tonight and tomorrow looking rubbish too with rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What the hell has happened to the Atlantic regime? Bring it back :(

Beautiful afternoon in Arklow
    Wasnt expecting this
    10c

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Beautiful afternoon in Arklow
    Wasnt expecting this
    10c
    Small clear section. Had you taken a photo in the other direction, towards the east, beautiful would not have been such a suitable description. Large mass of cloud would be just about overhead of you at this stage and there is some lightning activity not too far out to sea, to your east.

• Advertisement

highdef wrote: »
    Small clear section. Had you taken a photo in the other direction, towards the east, beautiful would not have been such a suitable description. Large mass of cloud would be just about overhead of you at this stage and there is some lightning activity not too far out to sea, to your east.
    That's sparked!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Big hail shower in Carlow town around 1.30pm, didn't hear any booms though.

Not overhead here yet,still out to sea

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Ah hello darkness my old friend, Rain has returned to meath

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Had a brief shower this morning around 11 in cork city but dry since there. Dark clouds around but some blue sky too. Nice colour on the clouds with the sunset at the moment

One thunder boom heard
    Approximately 1.6mm recorded

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A nice dry evening here in Castlebar with little or no wind. 7 degrees.

Yet again going to work in lashing rain + coming home in lashing rain!

I hate rain. Only good thing is that thank crunchie its Friday!

Must check what we are up to now for Dublin rainfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

A nice evening alright for the turning on of the Christmas lights in the mall in Castlebar. Even though we have had a bit of rain on and off over the past few days, I certainly think that it has been one of the more acceptable Novembers so far in these parts without being spectacular. Hopefully we will squeeze a few more half decent days out of it.

Looks like a lot of moderate rain in the celtic sea and off Pembrokeshire heading for wexford and wicklow in the next several hours and onwards then to counties further inland
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if the lift that precip gets over the wicklow mountains (and Mt leinster) really gets felt worse in North carlow and kildare
    Its the kind of rain, speaking anecdotally and non technically that would

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Looks like a lot of moderate rain in the celtic sea and off Pembrokeshire heading for wexford and wicklow in the next several hours and onwards then to counties further inland
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if the lift that precip gets over the wicklow mountains (and Mt leinster) really gets felt worse in North carlow and kildare

Yeah lashing here now in Kildare with 7mm in the gauge. Seems like it’s convective rain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

pouring rain here at Dunshaughlin all evening, slight rumble of thunder a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    pouring rain here at Dunshaughlin all evening, slight rumble of thunder a few minutes ago.

Same here, didnt hear any thunder yet though, just atrocious, and looking the uk met office forecast there, plenty of rain for us tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Goldfinch8 wrote: »
    A nice evening alright for the turning on of the Christmas lights in the mall in Castlebar. Even though we have had a bit of rain on and off over the past few days, I certainly think that it has been one of the more acceptable Novembers so far in these parts without being spectacular. Hopefully we will squeeze a few more half decent days out of it.

Should be outlawed. Christmas lights in November is ridiculous.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch its a cold enough one with occasional short-sharp showers and temperatures hovering between 3.5c and 4.5c in south Laois.

pad199207 wrote: »
    Yeah lashing here now in Kildare with 7mm in the gauge. Seems like it’s convective rain.

Thats the stuff that was over south Dublin north Wicklow on and off today lifting over the hills
    The Celtic sea stuff has only started down here yet,its a much more organised bigger blob of rain
    The heaviest of that is still 20 to 30 miles out to sea, growing and could spark somewhere
    It's the stuff I'm thinking will lift like mad before dropping in north carlow and kildare

It is pouring down here in North County Dublin. Looks like we are already over 20mm for the day .

appledrop wrote: »
    It is pouring down here in North County Dublin. Looks like we are already over 20mm for the day .

A shower train across Dublin and north Wicklow today
    If it was the February easterly 2018 youd be buried
    Pad would be on catch up with ye this evening but would get there eventually

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Rainfall looking heavier in the E and SE than was predicted by the models I think.

Looks like the front will make slow passage inland overnight or even stall. Could get some bigger falls than expected along the frontal convergence.

https://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/1197962841573220352?s=20

exoqsx4.gif

anim_nif9.gif

vNS5SUr.png

nmm_uk1-3-15-4_pss2.png

nmm_uk1-1-15-4_axd0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

You were spot on with that prediction for Kildare anyway!

aZ8i3xF.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Some light rain this morning but turned into a nice bright evening in Letterkenny followed by clear starry skies, no complaints :)

Advertisement