Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

And at least 50mm before end of month

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rain total for the month has reached 160mm now in Dublin 16. Wettest month since December 2015 here, with another week to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Wicklowweather.com (based in Ashford) is showing a monthly total as 251mm. It's been a horrible month for rain here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

HighLine wrote: »
    Wicklowweather.com (based in Ashford) is showing a monthly total as 251mm. It's been a horrible month for rain here.

That's incredible
    Its 2 and a half times more than here in Arklow
    It mirrors this time last year when I was 2 times ahead of Ashford
    Its solid evidence of random but continuous patterns when they happen of rain on the Irish sea coast

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

18mm overnight in Kildare, wettest period of this event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Castlebar: Dry with mostly clear skies and some welcome sunshine after a dull few days. Little or no wind . Could see some dense Fog tonight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

all the work I put in clearing water from near the house has been undone, back to a flooding situation again. Going to have to try and dig a second shore this weekend to release more water. I'm really getting fed up of all these deluges. Never in my life have I witnessed such a wet 3 month period.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Nice bright sunny morning in Donegal

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still raining, although not too heavy, still another miserable day.

Beautiful in Westport today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Beautiful in Westport today

Sure is a lovely day in mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Stunning day in Galway blue sky no wind temp of 12 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Wow all the reports from the lovely weather in the West.
    Mammy will be happy.
    Lashing rain here. Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

A real good for the spirits day here in Mayo alright. A cracking late November day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Weather was dreary and dull in Killarney yesterday and today but still nice scenery :-)

pouring rain again at Dunshaughlin, coming down in sheets, you wouldn't put a dog out in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Stunning day in Galway blue sky no wind temp of 12 degrees

Same in Donegal, beautiful day with unbroken sunshine and almost flat calm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Cloudy, dark, misty in meath today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Dull, depressing, dreary day in Dublin.

Dunsany now sitting at 136.1mm for November and this has broken the already very wet months of August, September and October. The yearly total now stands at 868.4mm, well in excess of the rainfall totals from the past several years. This doesn't include the deluge from last night and all of today's rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I headed West to see the in laws today just to get away from the rain in Wicklow. Was losing my marbles with the endless downpours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Same in Donegal, beautiful day with unbroken sunshine and almost flat calm

I don’t believe you, I was in Galway once and it lashed all day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

2.3c in West Clare at the moment with a refreshing thin fog.

Edit: shortly after typing it became very dense.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Just under 8c at the moment but feels a fair bit milder than that.

No gas required tonight :)

Mrs P is at me all the time about the gas.

Belmullet,usually one of the mildest stations ,reporting 1 degree @ 11pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

We are now at over 140mm at Dublin airport + still a week to go its unbelievable really.

Now we did have a very wet Nov last year but this year Aug,Sep, Oct + Nov all very wet.

We are at 415mm for these four months compared to 265mm last year. Bear in mind yearly total for Dublin usually somewhere in 700mm range so last 4 mths unreal.

I usually dont mind the darker evenings + that but this year finding it very depressing. I think it's all the rain. I never mind cold crisp days but a lot of time this month it has been cold aswell as rainy which is just a joke!

Time to book the summer holiday I think!

appledrop wrote: »
    We are now at over 140mm at Dublin airport + still a week to go its unbelievable really.

Now we did have a very wet Nov last year but this year Aug,Sep, Oct + Nov all very wet.

We are at 415mm for these four months compared to 265mm last year. Bear in mind yearly total for Dublin usually somewhere in 700mm range so last 4 mths unreal.

I don't think I've ever seen a 4 month period as wet, first 6 months of this year brought 373mm of rainfall to Dunsany. 461mm has fallen since August and we could easily squeeze another 150mm out before the final day of the year, if the deluges continue regularly into New Years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Just under 8c at the moment but feels a fair bit milder than that.

No gas required tonight :)

Mrs P is at me all the time about the gas.

You would want to get that checked by a doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Some nice seasonal mist and fog in Mayo this morning. 4c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Dooooooblin Apt now the wettest station in the land (there may be wetter stations on the 'WOW' network, but can't be arsed calculating them up) for this month so far with a total of 149.6mm, which is followed in close second by Dunsay's 143.3mm. In another oddity, both Sherkin Island and Finner Camp are proving to be the least wet this month so far, with totals of just 72.7mm and 74.8mm respectively.

Top 5 wettest November's on record at Dublin Apt (not including this month)

(mm)
    1.2002 - 185.8
    2.1965 - 182.3
    3.2009 - 171.3
    4.1995 - 145.6
    5.2000 - 141.3

All that data 'n' shhhhtuff from Met Eireann.

PS, has there every been a month where Dublin Airport, or any other eastern station, finished with the highest totals for any given month in history? I'm not sure but SyranB might.

Forecast rainfall totals from this morning's model run for the next 4 days or so. Coastal areas of the south and east wettest. W & NW region driest:

MokG7fo.png

New Moon

Advertisement