Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    You should move there yourself so !

Flawless. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lol..the only place mam is going is to Greece with me for a little holiday ,I'm sure we'll find fleeting happiness there.lol
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Exactly , and if we go on a Monday we'll be ready for Tuesday , Tuesdays are tiring Duvet ;)
    :p

giphy.gif

You'll have to sign a non disclosure clause first Sephers..oh and bring your smelling salts in case you feel weak at any stage..you know from the warm weather.. ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

giphy.gif

Geez, you may ask Duvet Seph , she's your bride to be :p

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Lol..the only place mam is going is to Greece with me for a little holiday ,I'm sure we'll find fleeting happiness there.lol

Shirley Valentine remake in the works.

Last evening of hols. Wondering what mischief to get up to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Watching ax men , roomside.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm on the train home from a lovely weekend away visiting friends.
    Nice food, good company. Memories.
    Don't get to see these friends often so it's special.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm on the couch, stew in the oven.. No work tonight it feels very weird. So we're watching the kominsky method on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Home after a restaurant visit. A family at the table next to us had two out of control toddlers and one baby that they were not properly minding.
    The baby put her hand in to a bowl of pasta and bawled and the parents had the cheek to complain to the staff that the food was too hot and injured their precious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

I'm on the couch, stew in the oven.. No work tonight it feels very weird. So we're watching the kominsky method on Netflix

Enjoy your evening Grem. Well deserved!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Listening to classical music and chilling out. I don't know why but I've really got into it lately and it's great for taking me away for an hour - there are some beautiful places in the mind when accompanied by Debussy or Tchaikovsky...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

Nursing a nice Cuban and brandy with Marvin Gaye in the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Well the weekend went quickly.
    Heading to the leaba as I have an early start tomorrow.
    Stay warm, one and all, and enjoy the rest of your evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rECTAL fLAKE

Just after devouring a takeaway. Full as a tick!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Fireside chillin (bit of a contradiction)
    My M.I.A. cat rocked up this evening ... if you had a video of me when I saw his cute little mug!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Just after devouring a takeaway. Full as a tick!

Ooh what ya get?
    Baileys coffee here

honeybear wrote: »
    My M.I.A. cat rocked up this evening ... if you had a video of me when I saw his cute little mug!

Cat pic please!.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Couchside watching I'm a celebrity

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Thanks everyone so much for the lovely messages of condolences and support. I'm ok - just very reflective and thoughtful and, at times, a little sad. :)

Hard to believe it's been 29 years. At times it seems like yesterday. Mum was a month shy of 47 when she died, suddenly, of a massive heart attack. No warning. I was just 15, my two older sisters were 21 and 20 at the time. But my late father was fantastic and we got through it somehow. But none of us will ever forget and always keep a very special place for our mum in our hearts. :)

Again, a million thanks guys. That's what makes thread the best on After Hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rECTAL fLAKE

Ooh what ya get? Baileys coffee here

A boring old supermacs but it was positively lush :D

• Advertisement

Eleysian wrote: »
    Well the weekend went quickly.
    Heading to the leaba as I have an early start tomorrow.
    Stay warm, one and all, and enjoy the rest of your evening.

Ahhh here did it what! A click of the fingers and it's gone, of course now Friday will take ages to come again :rolleyes:

Bedside with a white roll and ham and a cupan tae and a hot water bottle 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Perched on the couch feeling very contented. Had the most lovely day yesterday. One of those Lou Reed perfect days surrounded by family and everyone relaxed and having a good time. :)

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Thanks everyone so much for the lovely messages of condolences and support. I'm ok - just very reflective and thoughtful and, at times, a little sad. :)

Hard to believe it's been 29 years. At times it seems like yesterday. Mum was a month shy of 47 when she died, suddenly of a massive heart attavk. No warning. I was just 15, my two older sisters were 21 and 20 at the time. But my late father was fantastic and we got through it somehow. But none of us will ever forget and always keep a very special place for our mum in our hearts. :)

Again, a million thanks guys. That's what makes thread the best on After Hours!

Very sorry to hear that Jupiter Kid. My condolences.

honeybear wrote: »

We demand pictures of said cat honeybear :3 🐈

Ahhh here did it what! A click of the fingers and it's gone, of course now Friday will take ages to come again :rolleyes:

Bedside with a white roll and ham and a cupan tae and a hot water bottle 😀

Bedside with hot water bottle for me too. So good and sleepy snoozy.

Sergers, I give you your bowl back. If....

Yougointoworkformetomorrow.

Oh - and your roll needs some cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Freezing my nuts off standing on the west Atlantic coast trying to catch sight of the meteor shower, it’s 0.5 degrees, will give up when it gets to 0.0

smurfjed wrote: »
    Freezing my nuts off standing on the west Atlantic coast trying to catch sight of the meteor shower, it’s 0.5 degrees, will give up when it gets to 0.0

Fexk. Really? It’s 6 degrees here, and I’m like an icepop outside. Have gone soft.

Enjoy the meteor shower!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

JupiterKid wrote: »
    In my favourite chair in my living room, listening to music, unable to sleep.

Feeling very thoughtful and rather sad. Today is my late mother’s anniversary. Nearly 30 years - over a lifetime for many of you here on After Hours, but at times it seems just like yesterday. :( She was not quite 47 years of age and I was 15 and just gone into Transition Year at school.

To say her sudden and tragic death was a tragedy for my family is an understatement. I have been very close to crying.

Miss you so so much tonight mum!

Oh JK I just want to give you a big hug now reading that. Thinking of you and your lovely mum. How terrible to lose her so young.

I lost my dad when I was 27. It was awful and really impacted me but I had the benefit of age on my side. I can't imagine how hard it must be to lose a parent so young.

At times like this I'm always reminded of that quote from Winnie the pooh - "how lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard" .

A boring old supermacs but it was positively lush :D
    Festive five ounce burger is back, its beautiful, check it out.

• Advertisement

In the sweet leaba where dreams are made. Getting ready for the coma. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement