Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    A tea bag is a teabag , branded or not imo , then again , when I do drink tea it's just black :p
    (Awaits onslaught ... )

Black here too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

quickbeam wrote: »
    Nothing foreign like Lyons anyway!

🤗🤗🤪

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Wait, we grow tea in ireland? :P

A tea bag is a teabag , branded or not imo , then again , when I do drink tea it's just black :p
    (Awaits onslaught ... )

Just finished a cup of black tea myself.
    Couldn't drink with milk, makes me sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

(Awaits onslaught ... )

I don't drink tea or coffee. Mrs G was rared in a tea house and it was Lyons all the way. Not long after I met her, she tried the cheaper brands from Aldi and Lidl and hasn't looked back. She's on the Decaf stuff now. A big tea drinker and laughs at the Lyons Vs Barry's bollox.:D

My parents are avid tea drinkers. I remember walking into the Lyons tea factory in Dublin (Inchicore/Drimnagh) as a kid when my mother was dropping in the tokens from the box to win a prize. She'll drink any kind of tea these days.

But I'm not a tea drinker so can't fully comprehend it all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

(Awaits onslaught ... )

Awww come off it now mam! 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Grandeeod wrote: »
    the Lyons Vs Barry's bollox.:D

Rivalry in everything makes me laugh... the Apple / Android one is especially close to me! As for the tea thing, I guess Lyons is always what was there.. an ex girlfriend (she drank 400 mugs a day) had me try another popular brand (it escapes me now).. but I remember it being fierce watery tasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Am lol here with the tea debate !
    Grew up drinking tea , with milk and sugar , wouldn't touch it now . Am only rising you all with the generic teabags comment , enjoy whatever brand ye buy !

Surprised noone likes Tetleys...

:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I love a good rant so a little overdone outrage about tea is great fun for me..Live and let live really..

Rivalry in everything makes me laugh... the Apple / Android one is especially close to me! As for the tea thing, I guess Lyons is always what was there.. an ex girlfriend (she drank 400 mugs a day) had me try another popular brand (it escapes me now).. but I remember it being fierce watery tasting.

That was just lyons you were drinking :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭thomil

*Sticks head above the parapet, has it almost taken off by a salvo of tea bags and ducks for cover*

Just sitting at my home office desk, catching up on some paperwork and watching World War Tea explode ;)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

I'm sticking to water here....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I’m staying out of this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'm sticking to water here....

I'm on a pre bed glass of Bainne.

I'm having tomato soup !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Having an early night. I take my tea black too but Lyons was what I was reared on - it's stronger and I tried Aldis, Lidls, Barry's they don't compare for me :) I'm partial to a herbal concoction every now and then - (but you don't get the buzz) I gave up coffee years ago - I have never had one of those tall creamy looking yokes (look delicious) is it frappes?

Just water tonight - water is the best, really...nite all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Bedside, soon to be travelling to the land of Nod.
    Night all.

I am in need of chocolate, new work protocol has kicked in, however, in an unsurprising move :rolleyes: the new protocols have not been published and i'm flying a little blind.

Pretzill wrote: »
    Lyons was what I was reared on -

Hmmm fine so.........I'll let ya away with this time missy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

In the leaba - worrying if my PowerPoint slides are ok for my conference presentation tomorrow.
    Goodnight you lovely people
    P.S. @JupiterKid Well done on First place for your art award - fantastic achievement!

• Advertisement

Sweet dreams all, its Bed time for sephe........😴😴😴😴💤💤💤

Eleysian wrote: »
    In the leaba - worrying if my PowerPoint slides are ok for my conference presentation tomorrow.
    Goodnight you lovely people
    P.S. @JupiterKid Well done on First place for your art award - fantastic achievement!

Good luck, you'll ace it! Have a couple of coffees beforehand and go in loopy headed 🤪🤪 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

In the middle of a chain reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Lucozade was consumed here and as a non tea drinker it’s all muck :D

Back at ya with the lucozade sticky nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

In the middle of a chain reaction.

That song!!! (lots of memories ... showing my age!)

honeybear wrote: »
    That song!!! (lots of memories ... showing my age!)

Ace song !
    And likewise here too :p

Me three!

In the leaba. Tomorrow's Friday. Go forth and enjoy lads :D goodnight

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Oh and Jupiter Congratulations :) I’m glad we’re such a great influence on you :D

• Advertisement

So when are we commissioning Jupiter for a group portrait?. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement