Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petty parking problem

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Jack it up put trays under the back wheels and push it out of the way, then take the trays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I've got a car parked there now the last 2 days, yesterday herself (the neighbour) came home and shouted 'WHO THE F*CK OWNS THAT' and I smugly laughed in the house :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Be interesting to see their reaction to the situation being reversed now.
    Somehow I don't think they'll be as relaxed about it as you were.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Keep an eagle eye out for damage to your car O.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

CCTV time.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Is it a public space or parked on the road?
    Sounds like your living next door to a lovely bunch :)

Keep an eagle eye out for damage to your car O.P.

It's not mine :D

GBX wrote: »
    Is it a public space or parked on the road?
    Sounds like your living next door to a lovely bunch :)

Public road, anyone can park there.

Should start a tag team where boards members park there.

Should start a tag team where boards members park there.

That's essentially what I'm doing, except it's only me and one other member but he has 10 or something cars to keep switching out :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Selfish and inconsiderate neighbours are a huge problem. They can actually affect the quality of life in a locality.

That's essentially what I'm doing, except it's only me and one other member but he has 10 or something cars to keep switching out :cool:

Deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Buy a scrap heap and park it in their driveway...see how they like it.

If the car is parked in a public place and has no tax on it then report it to the Gardaí, if its out more than 3 months, they can tow it away and if its less they can slap a ticket/fine on it. Report it every day until they do something about it, its not like you have anything to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,659 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Not all heros wear capes. We should have a whip round to buy them a cape.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I've got a car parked there now the last 2 days, yesterday herself (the neighbour) came home and shouted 'WHO THE F*CK OWNS THAT' and I smugly laughed in the house :pac:

Fantastic, looking forward to the updates on this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Buy an old banger and park it there yourself, permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I don't understand why people are so petty. My neighbor parks their car outside their house, which is fine, but they do it within an inch of the driveway on their side. Our gardens are offset and my sister parks outside our house so when I reverse in it's fairly tight, if they park right up to their driveway I can't reverse from there, I have to turn at the previous house and reverse down to my garden.

The house beside them only has one car and never has any visitors so there's no need to be entirely on their own half.

I reckon they don't want anyone parking outside their garden, but parking that close just to make my life difficult is likely on purpose as it's more recent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Buy a scrap heap and park it in their driveway...see how they like it.

If the car is parked in a public place and has no tax on it then report it to the Gardaí, if its out more than 3 months, they can tow it away and if its less they can slap a ticket/fine on it. Report it every day until they do something about it, its not like you have anything to lose.

The Guards can't tow it unless it's causing obstruction though. I think what the op is doing now is legendary

they likely do this around the same time each evening. Get in your car around this time, engine running and as soon as she moves, park there- if you can at all, leave it there for a few days- but if you leave, get your partner to replace it with their car- you'll have made your point very clearly and I don't think you'll have this problem anymore.

OMG- someone took my advice on the tinternet- woop woop :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

This pleases me... Petty people need their comeuppance delivered just like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Did Duke buy that civic because he's parking the rest of his cars at your house?
    Picked up this little dinger today. 1 owner from new, not an ounce of rust to be found on it anywhere, and 206k miles!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48678447703_6958339a6f_c.jpg

rizzodun wrote: »
    Did Duke buy that civic because he's parking the rest of his cars at your house?

Duke is over the other side of the city to me, but I'd welcome his cars :p

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Haha. Ive a small collection of cars that I can park parallel in the space to annoy them more? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Duke is over the other side of the city to me, but I'd welcome his cars :p

I would have swapped you my 1990 Alto for 60 smokes, taxed and all :P that’s a car that’ll really upset the neighbors

• Registered Users Posts: 9,411 ✭✭✭TheChizler

So we have a car that has no business being there using the space as a way to teach someone who sort of has business using the space, so who's petty?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

TheChizler wrote: »
    So we have a car that has no business being there using the space as a way to teach someone who sort of has business using the space, so who's petty?

The neighbour, keep up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

TheChizler wrote: »
    Space isn't owned by anyone, so anyone can park there.
    I could park there if I wanted, and it was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

This reaction would worry me slightly, watch out for escalation. Make sure they can't tie this to you.

SteM wrote: »
    This reaction would worry me slightly, watch out for escalation. Make sure they can't tie this to you.

They sure as fuck know it's me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

They sure as fuck know it's me :D

Fair play, I wouldn't be annoying a couple of obvious loopers that live beside me but each to their own.

Advertisement