Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

That is an absolutely stunning photo of that El Camino :O

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I've just realised that the El Camino is what Jesse burst through the gate in during the last episode of Breaking Bad and that could be why the Breaking Bad film is called El Camino.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Could be the best picture posted in this thread, very cool machine.

I've just realised that the El Camino is what Jesse burst through the gate in during the last episode of Breaking Bad and that could be why the Breaking Bad film is called El Camino.

Jesse was going to buy the El Camino but realised he had no money and instead bought the Tercel...that's why :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Was Todd's car not an El Camino?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Not mine, but went to Spa for the GP at the weekend, nice rental from SIXT in Brussels. My God she goes.

V3fUIfZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

May as well keep going with the Tourers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Not mine, but went to Spa for the GP at the weekend, nice rental from SIXT in Brussels. My God she goes.

V3fUIfZ.jpg

Now I know what I'm renting next time I'm in Brussels!

eljono wrote: »
    Now I know what I'm renting next time I'm in Brussels!

Go one better for the same price :D

43984890_284415622398842_9082343044549466696_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.cdninstagram.com

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Surprised they are on German plates if rented from Belgium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

bear1 wrote: »
    Surprised they are on German plates if rented from Belgium.

I've rented vans here and they were on UK plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Midnight, fairly sure I was in that exact same petrol station in March. Near Salzburg?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭Technique

Did you book it from the start or upgrade at the desk?

I'd love to do a driving tour of northern Europe, and doing it in a car like that would be a bit special.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Some machines to be able to rent whereas in good old Ireland you have to do with renting an Opel Corsa or Nissan Juke.

Sixt in Munich have a serious fleet as it's their home city.

We did a tour 2 years ago with:
    Golf R
    Golf GTi
    Leon Cupra
    2x mustang V8 convertible
    All from Avis and went down though Austria and Northern Italy over 6 days

This year we rented:
    X5 M50d
    Merc S500
    Both from Sixt and went down around Salzburg for 3 days.

I'd recommend it to anyone if you've any interest in cars. They're cheap to rent too for what they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Technique wrote: »
    Did you book it from the start or upgrade at the desk?

I'd love to do a driving tour of northern Europe, and doing it in a car like that would be a bit special.

From the start, wasn't expensive at all for the machine it is, same price as a VW Caddy! They have an 850i too.

It's a guaranteed model so you're not wondering what you'll actually get on arrival.

Midnight, fairly sure I was in that exact same petrol station in March. Near Salzburg?

Not a million miles away, but Fernpaß. From Munich to Maranello that day via Stelvio Pass.

Not a million miles away, but Fernpaß. From Munich to Maranello that day via Stelvio Pass.

Not the place I'm thinking of but did that same route (but not the stelvio as it was closed) to Innsbruck and down to Bologna 2 years ago. Some epic roads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Sixt in Munich have a serious fleet as it's their home city.

We did a tour 2 years ago with:
    Golf R
    Golf GTi
    Leon Cupra
    2x mustang V8 convertible
    All from Avis and went down though Austria and Northern Italy over 6 days

This year we rented:
    X5 M50d
    Merc S500
    Both from Sixt and went down around Salzburg for 3 days.

I'd recommend it to anyone if you've any interest in cars. They're cheap to rent too for what they are.

What kind of prices are the X5 & S500?

Not the place I'm thinking of but did that same route (but not the stelvio as it was closed) to Innsbruck and down to Bologna 2 years ago. Some epic roads

Stelvio was epic on the way up as it was sunny and lovely and we had a nice E92 M3 playing with us...but once we reached the top it became miserable and lashed rain the whole way down :mad::D

• Advertisement

What kind of prices are the X5 & S500?

Iirc, they were about €500 each for a 3 day weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Picked up this little dinger today. 1 owner from new, not an ounce of rust to be found on it anywhere, and 206k miles!

48678447703_6958339a6f_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Picked up this little dinger today. 1 owner from new, not an ounce of rust to be found on it anywhere, and 206k miles!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48678447703_6958339a6f_c.jpg

Lovely,Perfect for practicing machine polishing.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

vectra wrote: »
    Lovely,Perfect for practicing machine polishing.:cool:

Yeah, I did wonder of some of the particularly bad areas (top of the drivers wing where it has gone white for example) might be a bit too far gone, but overall I think it will respond well to a proper machine polish.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Yeah, I did wonder of some of the particularly bad areas (top of the drivers wing where it has gone white for example) might be a bit too far gone, but overall I think it will respond well to a proper machine polish.

Hopefully you will save it.
    Keep us posted.

If you're selling it, do pass on a price please :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

A bottle of turtle wax colour restorer in red and a top coat of wax after she be like a new button.
    Well wear with it

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

My new st focus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

My new st focus

Love the colour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

A bottle of turtle wax colour restorer in red and a top coat of wax after she be like a new button.
    Well wear with it
    The paint on that car looks like it will polish up well.On a slightly different note,something that fascinates me about some red cars is the way the paint fades to pink-I think it`s mainly older vauxhall/opels.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement