Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petty parking problem

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That’s really playing the long game!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

my3cents wrote: »
    Paint stripper?

Stripper maybe....

Get a hobo to move into the car....

It's very windy out the reg plates might fall off....

Super glue the door handles and wipers...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

GrumpyMe wrote: »
    Long term solution is to grow a tree beside the spot and feed the birds well. :p

Funnily enough it's under a tree, and their cars do be destroyed in sap and bird poo! It's gas, they're gone away for a week now and their garden is empty yet they've the dodgy car parked outside in that spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

Funnily enough it's under a tree, and their cars do be destroyed in sap and bird poo! It's gas, they're gone away for a week now and their garden is empty yet they've the dodgy car parked outside in that spot!

Ah if they are gone, a call to the local Garda advising a cars been dumped outside the house. No tax or reg plate...etc

Be sure it’ll be gone by the time they come home

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

Not the gardai, the local council will have it removed if it has no reg. plates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

If the car can be identified the council will take pictures of the car and post them to the last registered owner of the vehicle, notifying them of the obstruction and giving them the opportunity to remove vehicle within a two week period or the council will remove it.

But... Our (lovely :pac:) neighbours park out there each evening, but once she leaves she makes her husband park his car outside just to keep the spot, and leave their garden empty. )

they likely do this around the same time each evening. Get in your car around this time, engine running and as soon as she moves, park there- if you can at all, leave it there for a few days- but if you leave, get your partner to replace it with their car- you'll have made your point very clearly and I don't think you'll have this problem anymore.

KB22 wrote: »
    Not the gardai, the local council will have it removed if it has no reg. plates.

It has reg plates, but I won't be interfering with it personally to make them 'fall off'.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,242 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If you know their phone number take a few photos of the car and stick it up on Donedeal for something like €30, have in the ad 'Selling due to having no space to park it and not able to afford NCT, tax or insurance', should make an interesting hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭enricoh

It wouldnt cost me a moments thougjt to lift the phone n dob them in.
    I cant abide people driving with no insurance. Plus it'd annoy the tits off them n they sound like hard work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Ideal timing for it to be lifted

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

Get under the car and cut the handbrake cable. Then push it down the road. I am sure the insurance will cover the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

op is the space outside the house in front of your house solely, or is it between the two houses as in most estates?

if its solely outside your house, then they must have a space outside theres?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I'm living beside them 18 years, they wouldn't even allow access to their back garden to replace fencing that we didn't ask a penny for :P

Clearly head cases living under a siege mentality. They’re very common and all the same behaviors

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

colm_mcm wrote:
    That’s really playing the long game!

18 years is a long game

robtri wrote: »
    op is the space outside the house in front of your house solely, or is it between the two houses as in most estates?

if its solely outside your house, then they must have a space outside theres?

It's between our house but mostly mine. He's at it again today driving off and herself sitting behind it immediately to move down the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,242 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd hate the game and not the player if his car was insured, taxed, NCT'd, on this case the scrote needs to be exposed on Garda Twitter as someone who should be taken out of general population.

I'd report him without question and love it.

Do what the loonies do in China where they jump on the bonnet and dive into the ground....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Does he be gone long? Seems very risky to be driving around without insurance. Is the other car insured?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

There's a dickhead on my road that does the same. Has a driveway, has space outside the driveway and still choses to park his car across the road depriving others of a space.

• Advertisement

It's a well known condition.....

They believe that they own the space to outside their property when in fact it's any bodies to use once vehicle is road legal....

You will never win with this type. They have more time then sense.... Which makes them quite dense ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

It's a well known condition.....

They believe that they own the space to outside their property when in fact it's any bodies to use once vehicle is road legal....

You will never win with this type. They have more time then sense.... Which makes them quite dense ;-)

Yea this is probably true, its not something you're going to win, but you can have a bit of fun. I'd leave a nail on either side of his tyre facing upwards, so when he moves it he'll get the puncture rather than come out to it flat. So he won't know where he got it. Repeat until you get bored. Then report the tax thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,415 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It's between our house but mostly mine. He's at it again today driving off and herself sitting behind it immediately to move down the spot.
    Any chance you could cut in between him and her to get the spot after him?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

Evening lads, have a funny one here. Outside the house is one spot, and I know it's first come first served and all that and I've no problem with that as we're a two car household and space for 3 in the garden so its fine. But... Our (lovely :pac:) neighbours park out there each evening, but once she leaves she makes her husband park his car outside just to keep the spot, and leave their garden empty. It's unbelievably petty and has made birthdays and occasions awkward for parking, but I've noticed his car hasn't a single in-date disc in the window. I'm curious of the legalities of his car being there if anybody can advise :)

Thats an A hole. Id race them to the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Did you burn out their car yet?

Gerry G wrote: »
    Did you burn out their car yet?

I would.

Terrible how fish are managing to squirm under parked cars....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

I would.

Yeah, I don't think I'd be as patient as the op, I would have had that car smouldering long before now

• Registered Users Posts: 24,957 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Charlie19 wrote: »
    If the car can be identified the council will take pictures of the car and post them to the last registered owner of the vehicle, notifying them of the obstruction...t.
    :confused: But it's not causing an obstruction as such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Its not an opel zafira by any chance... you may just need to wait it out.

Advertisement