Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petty parking problem

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

TheW1zard wrote: »
    At what point do you go in a tell them to move it!? an inch, 2 inches!?
    I already have but Ive never known anyone to know where the front of there car is so well lol. What a cnut!

edit, he goes over a inch every now and then, I know its minor but it winds me up!

They were blocking my drive regularily, few other problems too for a long time, I approached them politely and asked them to sort it, long story short, They didnt resolve it and basically wanted us to ask them to move when we needed out, came to a head after I was threatened a few times, last time was serious threat and I basically without raising my voice offered to take the father up on his threats right there on the spot, I was livid, even though he is bigger than me, he backed down and actually looked like he went pale. It still involved the Gardai a few times after that (edit a they then persisted in parking right up to the drive making it difficult to get in/out) but it took a few calls as Gardai werent really interested, I think he dropped himself in it when they spoke to him the last time, dont know what was said but I suspect he probably contradicted himself in some way, but it stopped suddenly then.

Basically people being needlessly difficult, couldnt see the wrong in it and imo then took offence and did worse when asked to correct it.
    As the saying goes I believe, I wouldnt pi$$ on them if they were on fire

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

1874 wrote: »
    They were blocking my drive regularily, few other problems too for a long time, I approached them politely and asked them to sort it, long story short, They didnt resolve it and basically wanted us to ask them to move when we needed out, came to a head after I was threatened a few times, last time was serious threat and I basically without raising my voice offered to take the father up on his threats right there on the spot, I was livid, even though he is bigger than me, he backed down and actually looked like he went pale. It still involved the Gardai a few times after that (edit a they then persisted in parking right up to the drive making it difficult to get in/out) but it took a few calls as Gardai werent really interested, I think he dropped himself in it when they spoke to him the last time, dont know what was said but I suspect he probably contradicted himself in some way, but it stopped suddenly then.

Basically people being needlessly difficult, couldnt see the wrong in it and imo then took offence and did worse when asked to correct it.
    As the saying goes I believe, I wouldnt pi$$ on them if they were on fire

I had a slightly similar problem years ago in my last house. There was a sports club nearby and they used to park on the path outside my house. One night an oul one parked halfway across my drive leaving us completely blocked in. I left a note under her wiper asking her not to park there again. The next morning she had a note under my wiper saying "you're hardly driving a lorry"!!

Game on says I.

A few weeks later I parked my van on the path a good bit from my house. Said oul one parked on the path in front of my house. This time she hadn't blocked my drive so good job. Except.....I drove my van across my drive until my front bumper was touching her back bumper. There was a neighbour's car in front where she had went fairly tight to....now she was blocked.

About 11 that night the door bell went...."is that your van blocking me?" No says I. Do you know who owns it because I'm blocked in. Again I says No idea. As she's walking off I shouts "surely it should be easy enough to get out, it's hardly a lorry you're driving".

I saw her skulking off to the neighbours house to ask him to move forward.

She never parked there again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I can't remember if I mentioned it already in this thread or not, I'm not arsed searching on mobile, but I really don't understand why people are so petty and childish that they make parking difficult.

The house across from my mam always parks their second car on the road within an inch of their own pillar. My mam's driveway is slightly offset so when I'm reversing the back of their car is in the way. There's plenty of space in front of them as you can't fit two cars outside their garden, their neighbor never has guests and has space in their driveway. He's just a prick. Fair enough if the other car is out first in the mornings, nope. Car in the driveway barely moves. They just don't want someone else's guests parking outside their house.

It really doesn't help that two other neighbors park in the cul-de-sac and leave their driveway empty. One of them presumably because they can't be arsed to open their gate?

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I can't remember if I mentioned it already in this thread or not, I'm not arsed searching on mobile, but I really don't understand why people are so petty and childish that they make parking difficult.

Could you not just pop in and say it to them?

I reckon a lot of this stuff is just people not being aware that they're causing issues in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Car99 wrote: »
    We all know what the poster means.

Year late, the arrears will be shocking there pal... You ok hun

• Advertisement

I reckon a lot of this stuff is just people not being aware that they're causing issues in the first place.

Ah come off it, these people are as close to a serial killer as one could come to....

They're nuts, they believe the road which is public is theirs to do as they please....

They can't deal with others parking outside

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I don't live there anymore so I don't need to! I knocked in one night to let him know they left the lights on one of the cars and your man acted as if I banged his wife, I'd probably be wasting my breath.

My own house has parking spaces due to silly council planning to prevent people from having a driveway. People park outside my house then walk across the road to their apartment building despite having empty parking spaces on their side of the road. It genuinely boggles the mind. There's been many discussions about parking among residents and people get very defensive about being told off for parking in private spaces...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

mfceiling wrote: »
    I had a slightly similar problem years ago in my last house. There was a sports club nearby and they used to park on the path outside my house. One night an oul one parked halfway across my drive leaving us completely blocked in. I left a note under her wiper asking her not to park there again. The next morning she had a note under my wiper saying "you're hardly driving a lorry"!!

Game on says I.

A few weeks later I parked my van on the path a good bit from my house. Said oul one parked on the path in front of my house. This time she hadn't blocked my drive so good job. Except.....I drove my van across my drive until my front bumper was touching her back bumper. There was a neighbour's car in front where she had went fairly tight to....now she was blocked.

About 11 that night the door bell went...."is that your van blocking me?" No says I. Do you know who owns it because I'm blocked in. Again I says No idea. As she's walking off I shouts "surely it should be easy enough to get out, it's hardly a lorry you're driving".

I saw her skulking off to the neighbours house to ask him to move forward.

She never parked there again!!

I love this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Another update... The car has finally been moved and washed and driven the last few days, but now everytime they move a car from under the tree they have another person wait with one of their other cars to immediately take the spot again.

You couldn't make it up, imagine how shoite their lives are :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Another update... The car has finally been moved and washed and driven the last few days, but now everytime they move a car from under the tree they have another person wait with one of their other cars to immediately take the spot again.

You couldn't make it up, imagine how shoite their lives are :pac:

I have a very similiar neighbour!. Proper ass hole of you ask me. He would go knocking into other houses to have a car moved...

Got his karma a few years back. Pissed someone off came out to find his 4 tires flat. He still parks in the same spot to this day.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Ah lads.

That's mad, they really have way too much time on their hands....

Advertisement