Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petty parking problem

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Cerco wrote: »
    I would take down photo. Likely to cause you hassle if they or others identify you.
    No point in letting them know it bothers you as they may seize any opportunity to piss you off.
    Your point is well made by occupying the space alone.

Nothing identifiable in that picture. Leave it up. Well done. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Is there a pair of them in it, or would ya say one cares more!?

Keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Oh how o would love to polish that starlet.... So needs a paint correction....

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

NCT or INSURANCE, not needed to "PARK" on a public road, just road tax.

KB22 wrote: »

Wrong

NCT and insurance is required.

The minute they drive off their property they need all of these including a licence....

• Advertisement

KB22 wrote: »

No such thing as road tax either....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Happy to see this thread still going :D I just noticed the car abandoned beside my house has been lifted recently, reported just over a month ago. Frees up a much needed space in the cul-de-sac on my road if someone is visiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Keep fighting the good fight :D

I've noticed I have one of these neighbours in my apartment block; parked where they usually park and got some dirty looks when they pulled in a few mins later.
    Nipped down to Tesco and when I got back, they had moved into the spot I had left :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Keep fighting the good fight :D

I've noticed I have one of these neighbours in my apartment block; parked where they usually park and got some dirty looks when they pulled in a few mins later.
    Nipped down to Tesco and when I got back, they had moved into the spot I had left :pac:

As has been proved many a time on Boards, there are some folk around who are just cnuts, plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Little update... So he moved an aul yoke he's had (which is a company car might I add) that he hasn't driven since 2018 out into the spot on the road about 8 months ago now, which hasn't really bothered me as I hardly needed the spot this last year with the aul corona craic. I rightly reported that one because its out of all discs and when the council came to take it they took the wrong car and ended up taking his daughters yoke from the garden :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

They took a car off private property?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Little update... So he moved an aul yoke he's had (which is a company car might I add) that he hasn't driven since 2018 out into the spot on the road about 8 months ago now, which hasn't really bothered me as I hardly needed the spot this last year with the aul corona craic. I rightly reported that one because its out of all discs and when the council came to take it they took the wrong car and ended up taking his daughters yoke from the garden :pac:

If they took a car from his garden they will be in a lot of trouble, he must be rubbing his hands for the compensation he is going to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Would it be a council house and as such their property?

If they took a car from his garden they will be in a lot of trouble, he must be rubbing his hands for the compensation he is going to get.

He allowed them to take it without realising what car they were there for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Now report the other car again and get that towed too :):pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Apparently an owner can just say it's not abandoned? I reported a car parked on a public road recently as it has a flat, discs out 2+ years and growing a thick layer of moss/dirt. They came back to say the car was reported previously and the owner just said it wasn't abandoned and they suggested contacting Gardai...

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Apparently an owner can just say it's not abandoned? I reported a car parked on a public road recently as it has a flat, discs out 2+ years and growing a thick layer of moss/dirt. They came back to say the car was reported previously and the owner just said it wasn't abandoned and they suggested contacting Gardai...

Gardai won't do anything but when abandoned and reg plates are missing they get lifted very quickly.

Pity they didn't take both cars midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

It doesn't make sense. If it's on private property the local authority will not take it.

If it's on public road the authority will issue a notice before taking an abandoned vehicle. They don't just rock up and take an untaxed vehicle.

McCrack wrote: »
    It doesn't make sense. If it's on private property the local authority will not take it.

If it's on public road the authority will issue a notice before taking an abandoned vehicle. They don't just rock up and take an untaxed vehicle.

It was a private operator acting on behalf, I was standing in my own garden as they rocked up and announced it and showed himself paperwork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

It was a private operator acting on behalf, I was standing in my own garden as they rocked up and announced it and showed himself paperwork

Well it wasn't a local authority seizing under the waste management act that's for sure

• Advertisement

McCrack wrote: »
    Well it wasn't a local authority seizing under the waste management act that's for sure

I've no idea, but sure look...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I, for one, welcome our new car-stealing overlords.

Talking about neighbours parking, is it reasonable to park a car in line with your pillar.
    As in not backing off even an inch. Like right on the line.
    I think it's a bit obnoxious!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Does the OP have a driveway ? If not then apply to council for planning to open one and get permission to scallop path. Once you have planning for driveway and you open the garden then anybody parking across your gate can be ticketed 😉.

Does the OP have a driveway ? If not then apply to council for planning to open one and get permission to scallop path. Once you have planning for driveway and you open the garden then anybody parking across your gate can be ticketed 😉.

They have, he was only parking in it to wind the neighbour up as he seems to believe he owns the full rights to park there on a public road.

There are so many like this and the op was having a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

They have, he was only parking in it to wind the neighbour up as he seems to believe he owns the full rights to park there on a public road.

There are so many like this and the op was having a bit of fun.

Ah yea I understood that, I was just suggesting a permanent solution to his neighbours. I appreciate the irritation factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I've read this from beginning to end, there is plenty of good potential there!

One thing, you will never beat these idiots. However, if you can continue to unsettle them that would be great.

*Shame the picture is gone though, I'd love to see it first hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

TheW1zard wrote: »
    Talking about neighbours parking, is it reasonable to park a car in line with your pillar.
    As in not backing off even an inch. Like right on the line.
    I think it's a bit obnoxious!

No, I had a neighbour who used to do the same, total dick thing to do.
    Now I say that as they had plenty of room not to do it, and even other spaces to park their car,

It's not a bit obnoxious, its a lot obnoxious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

No such thing as road tax either....

We all know what the poster means.

• Advertisement

1874 wrote: »
    No, I had a neighbour who used to do the same, total dick thing to do.
    Now I say that as they had plenty of room not to do it, and even other spaces to park their car,

It's not a bit obnoxious, its a lot obnoxious

At what point do you go in a tell them to move it!? an inch, 2 inches!?
    I already have but Ive never known anyone to know where the front of there car is so well lol. What a cnut!

edit, he goes over a inch every now and then, I know its minor but it winds me up!

Advertisement