Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Stillill42

You didn't go for the all weekend pass idea, Van Doozy?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Van Doozy

Well you can still buy a pass, we've just split it now as we found some people weren't going to cool the full 24 cans and we wanted to cater for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Blackie_IRL

Are you in the main campsite and/or boutique, or both?

Great idea btw. I'll absolutely be using your service over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

The Turbo Chillers at Wild Roots were a godsend on the Saturday and Sunday, scorching days and no ice to be got! It will be even better with the free flow system, chill 5/6 cans before going into the main arena and pop them into a small cooler bag. Nice 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 44 taramurf

Newbie here!

Does anyone know what time you get turfed out of the campervan area? Can you sleep in Monday morning or is it like a car ferry where everyone has to move at the same time?! Am worried about potentially having to drive under the influence!

TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Van Doozy

@Blackie_IRL Main campsite. Just one stand. Not sure exactly where yet but we're usually near the food traders.

@taramurf I haven't had my van at ATN but my experience of festivals generally has been that they tend to let people leave in their own time at a civilised hour BUT I'd say you'd prob be asked to mosey on if you were still there at lunchtime. 

FWIW I recommend you don't do the dog on it drink-wise if you plan on driving the next day, even with a lie in - I've been breathalysed leaving festivals the next morning on more than one occasion.

Any other Qs just shoot, I've been to enough of em at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 taramurf

Thanks a mill. We’ve been going to festivals for 20+ years but this will be the first time in a camper. Lunchtime should be fine!

Will try my best to limit booze etc in the early hours of Sunday morning ;-)

cheers Van Doozy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

No way,

Just reading the comments about "free flow" of beer above, is it the case you can just walk from the campsite into the main arena with a hape (the collective noun for these things) of cans, and not have to sellotape them under your a$$ and whatnot to try smuggle them in as I'm used to from Electric Picnic days?

That would be amazing if so!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭antfin

That's exactly how it works! Or with the relatively short distance carry a half of a hape and then go back for another hape!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭floyd333

Hi Folks. Does anybody know if it's possible to get buses or taxis back to Waterford at night? I know there is a bus eireann express way on Monday but I'm not sure if it runs late the other days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Ha,

This is awesome news, thanks!! This makes for a much better festival for us obviously, surprised the drinks vendors on site let ATN allow it, tho I'm not gonna complain of course!!

Now I just need that can chiller guy to follow me around the festival for the weekend and I'm all set. That would actually be a great idea, people roaming about with can chiller backpacks, dispensing chilled cans of beer back to the masses en mass!

Roll on next weekend so, whoop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Free flow is the greatest gift known to festival-kind. Added bonus is, if you do fancy a cold pint inside, there’s never a queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭RINO87

Free flow is the business. Body and Soul have had it for as long as I can remember and it's a great success. Seems the picnic is the only one that doesn't have it now.

It did really make you appreciate that frosty pint even more in the area but it looks like turbochillers will throw that idea out the window 🙂. I know it's made me rethink my can strategy anyway! Would have always brought stout as at least thats somewhat palatable at room temp, but now will be s selection session IPA'S all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I heard Rufus Wainwright has been added to the line up or has he already been announced.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Mazzy Star

Come on ATN, give us the site maps FFS

Yea, not sure what the delay on map/stage times is. You’d hope that’d all be nailed down by now.

I know stage times are usually released week of festival, but site maps generally further in advance, 9 days out, I need something to fuel my excitement

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭darzog

They replied to a Twitter question yesterday on the subject of the site map / stage times. Coming “later in the week” via their App…apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Footage from the Main Stage..

https://youtu.be/vhOgYN5SDQg

Any takers for the campervan ticket folks before I advertise elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭endainoz

Apparently they disturbed two bee hives when they decided to clear out trees after the first year. They seemed to address this in the big semi apology thing they threw out a few weeks ago. Surely it won't be an issue this time around? 🙈🙈🙈

As part of their Festival Improvements announcement they said they've engaged an Environmental Expert to regularly monitor for wasp nests around the grounds. Hopefully that solves the problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Whipping Boy

I also have one in case there's a few interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Hopefully. Wasps and bees are not the same.

Looking forward to stage times being released and seeing how it all shapes up.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Hahaha...**** it i forgot about the f-ing wasps...queueing for the Tangerine Fields tents and being attacked by wasps...the start to every great weekend! The anticipation is properly ramping up...and 2 weeks off after 😁 Wait till the kids see the state of us on Monday week!

Because I'm a nerd (and impatiently waiting for the site map), I've worked out an estimate of the proposed 2022 general camping space vs 2019 equivalent (both TITP & BSN) based on the plans above.

If all of the blue (and the small non blue 'a' section beside E2) is general camping, it's about 55,000 square metres larger this year than in 2019 (roughly 125,000m2 v 180,000m2).

So much room for activities!😀

^^^^love it 😀

When we were leaving both sides now in 2019 too they directed us out the path that is marked "ticket check" this year and it was a really short distance to the car parks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Peesh89

My kinda people in here.

Advertisement