Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Phishwax

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Peesh89

First time I heard/saw them was at Picnic in 2015. Didn't know what to expect at all and I never happened to ask, just went along with friends who knew them. Seeing Why They Hide Their Bodies live for the first time and just the crowds reaction to it, I was blown away. Couldn't understand what Dara was actually shouting tbh so went home and was googling 'why does everybody talk about their wives lyrics' and got nowhere, then listened to every song of theirs til I found it. Big fan since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

"I mean they don’t really play chords. It’s like an aural assault."

I'm not really sure what the problem is 😉

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Tried out Enola Gay there and will definitely try and catch them. 'The birth of a nation' has a whiff of RATM and I'm digging it.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

The assault I broadly welcome but I’m wondering if the style is a bit tiresome. But I’ll be there, bloodied nose, front row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Their latest IG post confirms that the app will be available tomorrow. Also contains important travel info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Traffic info up in Facebook now. Basically don’t follow google maps and don’t you dare go near Carrick!!😂

But seriously, good to hear there’s 3 entrances now (4,5,6) and no drop offs on site on Friday (have to drop at portlaw and get shuttle). Along with opening Thursday, Should all be fine!🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

My (rudimentary) map to get to ATN .

I think the red gate will be entrance 5 (?) and Blue is 4 (campervans ?)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Blackie_IRL

I was camping in podpads last time and used red entrance, coming from Limerick, turned off at Clonmel, then via Rathgormack and Clonea, came out at a junction directly across from entrance. I'm in podpads again this year, and by all accounts Boutique camping is now up by main stage, so I should be aiming for gate 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Blackie_IRL

Actually looking at their press release, it's says family campers / campervans coming from west will travel south on R677 and bypass gate 5 to get to get 4, which means the red entrance could be gate 4, and family camping / campervans is in the same place as 2019?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Downloaded the only ATN app on the store. It was for 2019! Good to see that they are promising stuff that they don't do again this year!

You can also Cross the river at Kilsheelan, and come down via Rathgormack, then turn left when you hit the Dungarvan road (R676) , and follow that down until you see a sign for MOTHEL , Turning right, then follow the (grass down the middle of the) road and you will arrive at what was the Red Entrance in 2019

As you can see in the yellow, they are bringing the traffic in along the south bank of the suir, into Carrick Beg.

So that will be a total traffic jam, same as 2019.

The red line is my route.

I bypassed carrick last year, and drove up another 10 kms to cross the river in Kilsheelan, down via Rathgormack, then turn left when you hit the Dungarvan road (R676) , and follow that down until you see a sign for MOTHEL , Turning right, then follow the (grass down the middle of the) road and you will arrive at what was the Red Entrance in 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Peesh89

Just saw on the All Together Now News FB group if anyone isn't in it -

• Plenty of you are asking about the mobile app with stage times, this is in the approval process with the Apple & Android App Stores. We expect for this to go live today - if that changes we will update you immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

From their latest social media post...

"Plenty of you are asking about the mobile app with stage times, this is in the approval process with the Apple & Android App Stores. We expect for this to go live today - if that changes we will update you immediately."

Pity they can't publish stage times / site map etc on their website in the meantime!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Well they could publish stage times/map on their website if they wanted to as all this traffic info has been on the website since earlier this week (at least since Wednesday, as that's when i had a look and saw it there).

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

Clearly its to drive traffic to the app. Bit strange but okay I guess..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭endainoz

Probably ad revenue and collecting data from attendees

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

There is a very obvious reason from anyone who when in 2019 to avoid that bridge in Carrick on Suir

• Advertisement

Obviously.

Theres 7/8 crossings - If travelling from a Northerly direction

2 in waterford city - both lead you out towards Kilmeaden and then onto the back roads to Portlaw

1 in Fiddown - will be bonkers as its the nearest to Portlaw.

2 in Carrick - 1 'big' bridge and 1 smaller one - both will be chaotic.

1 in Kilsheelan - i travelled up there in 19 to avoid the Carrick Chaos - and it was very quiet and then used my 'shortcut'

1 in Fairyhouse (carrick side of Clonmel) - (Across from Bulmers factory) will lead you down the backroads to Ratgormack,

1/2 in Clonmel - will bring you down the same roads as above.

If coming from the South - Cork/ Dungarvan - cut across the Comeraghs heading for Ballymacarbery -> Rathgormack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

The instructions for drop off for Thursday isn't clear (unless I messed it) as there is no shuttles running then. Will probably follow the instructions for private buses and try gate 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I set up a google maps of the routes, Please verify it yourself off the official guide. To start navigation just change the start point to where you are. The Stops are the key bits, do not take them out , it will avoid google maps automatically sending you through carrick and other spots you should not go.

Locations of the gates are approximations from the traffic management plans in the planning file but are on those roads and coming from the right direction.

Of course most importantly do not cross the suir at Carrick on Suir, avoid north or the river there altogether. Did we say that already? :D

General Campers

Dublin, North and East

Start point is before you come off the M9 To Gate 6

Portlaw could still prove to be problematic , keep the option open for hitting it via Clonmel/Kilsheelan or Kilmacthomas, ie the routes below.

From South West Cork etc.

Starting after Dungarvan

Gate 4 (approx. location)

From the West starting after Clonmel to Gate 5

Not sure which exact route they mean south of Carrick

Family Camping/Campervans

EDIT: I made one mistake family campers from Dublin/North/East follow the Clonmel/Kilsheelan route

So from South west same as general campers

Midlands/West same general campers but change the end point to52.30067895124369, -7.386836741079993,

Dublin/East/North also need to take this route. Otherwise you get to the estate from the eastside and be diverted all the way round to the westside.

Anyone who thinks the will be the same magnitude of issues this time around. This was the 2019 plan, all general camping was sent to that north gate. There are 3 different entrances this year for general camping , where traffic from 3 different directions do not interact with each other.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/119272594/#Comment_119272594

Post edited by lbj666 on

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

I wonder if all gates and car parks are open on Thursday. There is nothing specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

I was wondering this also. Myself and my mate won't be leaving Galway til around 7pm on the Thursday. It'll be a late set up for us but would much prefer that than the potential stress of Friday. But I'm just assuming (and hoping) that the early entry is valid well into the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭RINO87

Sorry, I can't link it here, but they posted yesterday on their socials under "Important Points" that last entry to campsite on Thursday was 10 p.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

Ah thanks a mill! I missed this! Will have to see about getting off a couple hours earlier so on the day. Cheers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭GandhiwasfromBallyfermot

Does anyone know what time it usually starts to get busy getting there on the Friday? I'm off the Friday so am flexible in what time I can get there so would like to get there before the rush and panic starts!

early as you can...

Too early is ok - Too late isnt :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭GandhiwasfromBallyfermot

Advertisement