Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I see Guinness are the drinks sponsor this year, I can't remember who it was in 2019. I mainly drink IPA's and I vaguely remember a bar that served local IPAs, plus Arcadia had a bar that had decent beer. I don't see anything on the ATN website about beer options this year. I hope it isn't just rockshore, hop house and guinness,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Might be in the market for a new tent - went to air out the old one after 3 years in the shed and it's not in as good condition as I recall.

Any tips on what I should be looking out for in a small tent for 2 people? Or where is best to look for that matter!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

I heard a good few people recommending the blackout ones in Decathlon.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Peesh89

If I was going for a new tent I'd be looking at the Fresh and Black ones from Decathlon! Nearly bought one last week but was talked out of it because appppppaarently the one we have is absolutely fine.. which may be true. But still..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Long range weather has it at about 18c and dry and cloudy, that'll do.

The beer at Beyond the Pale was excellent, all I can see on the ATN website is awful stuff like Rockshore, hopefully they have a few boutique stalls with nice beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭rubick

Agreed - that Whiplash 3.8% beer was perfect festival pintage for all-day scoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Yea, I was going to buy one of them...but aired the tent out yesterday and it's in grand nick, so can't really justify it.

So Fresh and Black in Decathalon is a good option. I also looked in Halfords and they have a few decent looking ones. Definitely go at least 3 person tent for 2 people, as you have to factor in bags etc...

That's the one I have at the moment and have had it for years. Pulls up in a few seconds and then just peg it down. Nice lil discount on it at the mo too. Suits two of us great with two air beds and bags/drink etc either side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

That actually looks like the one that we have, I'm not sure if it's fine to bring or whether to get a new tent.

It feels like the poles are super bendy and won't click into place properly? It feels as if it could collapse very easily.. But other than that it's in perfect nick. Maybe you can clarify if there's a nack to it or if ours is banjaxed!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭RINO87

On the beers....in 2018 they had Dungarvan brewery with a stand down by the house, Helvick Gold in the sun was heaven!! 2019, IIRC. they had one bar selling "Sullivan's" IPA and Lager, it wasn't bad.

Hope I'm wrong but I doubt Diageo would let anyone else in, tho Jameson are there, and the aint Diageo, so there's hope. Maybe they will even try pawn of something from the brewhouse series on us, anything is better than Rockshore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Himselfe

Having had both Halfords and Decathlon tents over the years, I can safely say there is no comparison - Decathlon every day of the week for me. The blackout rooms are a god send, they keep out the light and intense heat on those mornings when the last thing you need in your life is any sort of light or heat. Also way easier to erect. They have a 3 person pop up black out tent I'd recommend, or if you're feeling flashy the larger 4-6 person inflatable ones are great too.

Maybe this is what you're already doing but - the mechanism at the top needs to be pulled apart pretty hard, it clicks in to place and that makes the poles sturdy at all the joints like an umbrella. Then pegging it down on the corners and sides obviously, the guylines definitely help secure the poles in place too. Then taking it down push the mechanism at the top together again and it caves in on itself and you might have to 'dislocate the joints' on the poles to fold them up... or else yes, yours may be banjaxed 🙃

This is the one that I want but I'm not allowed have 😂

I'll take that, no rain for the weekend is a win, but clear blue skies and 25c would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

+1 for this ☝🏼

i got this one myself and it was a great success at wild roots a few weeks ago. It was a very hot weekend but the tent gave a nice restbite. East to put up, east to take down, cool and dark…perfect festival tent dare I say. I guess one negative is that it’s a bit awkward to carry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Anyone volunteering at this one, trying to work out a way to get down there from Galway. I think Bus Eireann does a bus from Galway via Limerick to Carrick-On-Suir which I used in 2019 and was picked up in Carrick... by a volunteer in a camper, but he's not working it this year. Aiming to be travelling down early on Thursday 28th July. Even if your a normal festival punter with a camper as they can normally arrive on Thursday, if you can pick me up in Carrick-On-Suir if that's handy but Galway would be even better if it was possible. Will chip in for fuel costs and festival stories galore. Thanks if you can help.

Edit: May have sorted a bit of a lift in the end. ;)

Post edited by bodhrandude on

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Digging Houseplants, Self Esteem, Billy Nomates and Pillow Queens at minute from ATN Playlist.

Update - physical ticket came today. Face value is about 75 I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Self Esteem and Houseplants are brilliant, having not known either before the line-up was announced they're both must sees for me now. Saw Pillow Queens before and definitely want to catch them again. I must try out Billy Nomates.

Edit: Would Self Esteem be moved to the main stage on Friday I wonder? Appears to have gotten a lot more popular in recent times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Van Doozy

@Blackie_IRL TurboChillers will be in the campsite with our 90 second can cooling service so never fear that the beer selection is not to your taste - bring your own selection of IPA in cans and we'll cool em for ya. 😎

See yiz there folks!

Didn't have Self Esteem on my list...got listening last night and this morning thanks to your recommendations! Will definitely be adding her to my ever growing excel sheet. Heading down on the Thursday so will be itching to get out of the campsite on Friday, it's a blessing and a curse to have so much to choose from act wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

this is great news @Van Doozy looking forward to seeing you guys again. You guys will be very busy with the free flow system imo 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 44 taramurf

Have tried everywhere to find a camper van for the weekend - if anyone here has a last minute cancellation or wants to rent out their own van please let me know!

I have campervan ticket sorted - don’t want to give it away until the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Boat transfer..... Very good !

Across the Suir, up the river Clodiagh...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jimosterberg

This 90 second can cooling sounds interesting!

What's the price and do most people get a few cans cooled at the same time?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

Very interested in this can cooling idea. How much will this be? Genius idea. Will deffo be using this service.

Looked at their FB page, it's 1 euro a can, or 20 euro a slab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Van Doozy

@Blackie_IRL It really depends on the event, and other factors. This time round we'll likely split the €20 / slab and do €10 for 12 cans.

@jimosterberg Most people do two or three at a time but you could cool all 12 at once if you wanted to. But unless people are cooling for friends most people don't do this as it means their cans warm up again.

Body and Soul festival was also freeflow - a lot of people at that brought a little backpack / bumbag with them and cooled 4 or 5 cans in the campsite and brought them into the arena to sip away on for the evening.

Advertisement