Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭rubick

I don't remember it being there previously (although I missed the first ATN).

Seems to be a DJ space, with one of the legends of the game Sean Johnston there on the Friday with Cian O'Cobhain. Hoping for at least a 3 hours set from these lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Ah I see it now. Assume that's down by the house and as an extension to the Jameson bar that was there 2018 & 2019? Popped into it in 2018 as there was so much more activity down by the house then (plus we had to walk that way into the festival from TF that year).

It's a shame the focus went from that area in 2019 with the bandstand moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Deady, love it. You've included stages too which I have yet to do. Actually, what I will do once the times are released is I'll create an ical calendar and input the groups/acts I'm interested in, there I'll include times and stages and can even share the cal with mates. Then access it on my phone or smart watch. It's basically like clash finder or the official app (if it gets updated) but stripped down to my own interests and I can clearly see clashes then.

I get you. When it comes to festivals though I often include bands on my list that I'd rarely listen to at home or out and about but I think to myself, "these guys could be good craic live!" And so, they make the cut based on that

Ah, down by the front of the house in 2018 was brilliant! Whenever I needed a pick me up that's where I headed, there was always something going on there that put a smile on my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, I absolutely loved the scene down by the house the first year. The changes there were a big negative for me last time out.

How do people ensure that they can last the weekend at a festival? I'm 40 now myself and I was at Wildroots on the June BH weekend and by Saturday I was ready for home! I went home on Sunday. I went hard on Friday night I guess and had such a brilliant night, the first festival in nearly 3 years and all that. I guess it's about pacing one self and with that in mind I've ordered beers between 3 and 5% and I'll (try to) stay away from other temptations too.

Anyone else got survival tips for the middle-aged man/woman?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭antfin

Ear plugs and an eye mask is essential for me to get a decent sleep whenever you eventually make it back to the tent! You'd forget how early the sun starts coming up until you're trying to go to sleep in a tent at 4.30am and I'm no longer capable of bouncing back up after only 5 hours drunken sleep two nights in a row!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭rubick

Just turned 45 and did BTP and Glastonbury within a week of each other. For me, the low alcohol drinks are key. BTP had 3.8% Whiplash beer on draught throughout and it was perfect. Eating plenty is key too. I don't bother with class As anymore so that likely figures into the equation too. That said I did take a caffeine tablet just before Roisin Murphy at Glastonbury and ended up dancing to DnB until 5am in the South East Corner. Set and setting, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I was going to start a clash finder but saw there was one already so I threw the names onto the stages/days they were playing on the order they appeared. But times are definitely not to be trusted it's complete guesswork so far!

Will just be a matter of changing the times though once they are revealed.

For me (43), it's all about just doing the two days. Go hard on the Friday night with whatever tickles the fancy, then it's dioralyte, nurofen plus and a tidy few beers/wine on the Saturday, interspersed with plenty of grub.

To slightly misquote the great Withnail 'That means we'll miss out Sunday, but come up smiling Monday morning'!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I'm 52 lads. The absence of my (beloved, of course) kids immediately knocks 25 years off. Problem solved. Easy peasy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭RINO87

Anyone have, or fancy doing a playlist of the DJ's/Electronic music on offer?? A "late night" playlist if you will! YouTube might work better as I find spotify a bit crap for lots of electronic stuff.

Pints in front of the house for the winner :)

Couldn't agree more regarding the ear plugs and eye mask. I actually got a "black n fresh" tent from Decathalon and used it at Wild Roots which was a scorcher of a weekend and I am glad to say the tent was a life saver! Both in terms of not letting light in and keeping the tent cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Some shameful behaviour going on here!

Food really is the key. Two good feeds a day (don't be one of those overambitous people though that ends up flinging most of it in the bin).

Don't underestimate the rejuvenating qualities of a shower (even if it is tepid/lukewarm). It can be a pain queueing, and i've not bothered since my days working at festivals ended, but it does work wonders.

Also, don't hang around the campsite. Even if you're feeling dodgy get into the arena, as if it's boiling it'll be cooler in there and on colder days it's a little warmer. I have often had a quick powernap for 20 minutes stretched out on the grass that has done me more good than struggling to sleep in a tent. Plus, once you're in you will eventually get a second wind a lot quicker than you would hanging around your tent.

Saturday is usually my 'Day of Struggle' but on Sunday i'm raring to go again.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭antfin

I've a similar approach. Forcing a bit of food in early on Saturday makes a huge difference! This year will be different though and after 3 years off I'll just ease myself in slowly on the Friday in a controlled manner to avoid my past mistakes of going too hard as soon as the tent is up... that's the plan anyway!

Good luck with that, game over once that first can hits your lips….maybe I’m just weak!!😂

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

I'm sure there's a certain chemical that could help :p

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Peesh89

"a drop of buckfast, a bump of Marvin K, a cuppa psilocybin scauld, an opium suppository, or whatever you're having yourself " ... as KKC so eloquently put it.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jellybeano

At 46, a few Saturday afternoon cocktails and a hot tub of a Sunday afternoon are normally the makings of me 😃 no hot tubs this year tho. Wondering if a Bosca Beatha sauna-majig would have the same effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

My tickets arrived in the post today... Getting real now 😁

Mine too! It's really getting close! Next job, dig the tent out of the shed and see what horrendous state it's in!

• Advertisement

Yay tickets for everyone, got mine yesterday too! Hoping they'll release the map and a few more bits today.. they've said a few times that it would be '2 weeks before the festival'

A friend had a pretty awful experience recently with his tent when a group of us went camping. Spent all money a few years back on a a big beautiful canvas tipi.. didn't air it out after a rainy camping trip last autumn.. took it out of the bag to set up and it was covered in black mould, so much so that there was holes eaten away in places. It was always the tent for congregating in so everyone was fairly devastated😂 AIR OUT YOUR TENTS WHEN YOU GET HOME PEOPLE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Clashfinder is awesome!

Just realised if you hover over any of the acts, you can get to their YouTube videos, great way to find new music 😁

https://clashfinder.com/s/atn2022/

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Coz

the Clashfinder was only set up as a draft using the 2019 stage times to make sure the import was working. Ignore it entirely for now

A lazarus soul kicking off at ten past three in the morning would be interesting alright 😀

Only discovered Caroilne this week and I now can't wait to see them! Great reviews online and Sunday is perfect for them IMO. Just shows, still time to add to the list 😎

https://youtu.be/g0E7ImaolC0

• Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Electronic Mushrooms From Outer Space :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Will have a campervan pass available. My battle against the tin worm appears as if it might stretch into winter 😐️ (any welders looking for work?!)

Face value to someone on here.

Note that I don't actually have it yet, as its a physical ticket and TM haven't posted yet....but i'm sure we could work somethi9ng out.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Hoping the site maps drop early this week, once that happens the real festival buzz kicks in

Saw Indiependence released stage times over the weekend, taking place over the same days. Deffo in need of a map/stage times/something juicy to keep me going.

• Advertisement

ATN responded to someone on Facebook yesterday saying the map will be available ASAP....so fingers crossed!

Advertisement