Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Jaysus I stuck Girl Band on spotify after this announcement and the general excitement in here about them being announced.

Initial impressions are... theyre absolutely woeful... but clearly I'm missing something from the adulation they're getting in here

What would be their biggest tunes so I could listen to those specifically?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Tap out, grandad.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I wonder are we starting to see a pattern to their announcements - big expensive American booking, exclusive booking for emerging Irish punk band, with a big eclectic announcement due next Feb?

I wouldn't call Girl band emerging they have been on the scene a good while

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Initial impressions are... theyre absolutely woeful... but clearly I'm missing something from the adulation they're getting in here

They definitely aren't for everyone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Jaysus I stuck Girl Band on spotify after this announcement and the general excitement in here about them being announced.

When they were announced for B&S 2016, I was similar to you. On the day they were absolutely brilliant.

Saw on my Twitter feed last weekend "best live band in Ireland". Can't remember who the tweeter was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

When they were announced for B&S 2016, I was similar to you. On the day they were absolutely brilliant.

Saw on my Twitter feed last weekend "best live band in Ireland". Can't remember who the tweeter was.

Probably the bassist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Same as that, have listened to a few tracks since the announcement and I really don’t see the appeal at all. Will try again, as it appears they’re the bees knees from the comments thus far....but right now I’m struggling!

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Was at the Girl Band gig on Saturday - f*!king brilliant

Should go down a treat in the big tent @ ATN.

Different animal live, more people will get into them at a show than will listen to the songs in between days.

I'm a huge fan of bands like The Fall and Sonic Youth - they clearly listen to both of them a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yes, hope they don't make the same mistake as Fontaines - keep them off the main stage, big tent please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭Wooderson

maximoose wrote: »
    Yes, hope they don't make the same mistake as Fontaines - keep them off the main stage, big tent please

That performance has put me off FDC. A stinker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Peesh89

Was at the Girl Band gig on Saturday - f*!king brilliant

Different animal live, more people will get into them at a show than will listen to the songs in between days.

I'm a huge fan of bands like The Fall and Sonic Youth - they clearly listen to both of them a lot.

Didn't know who they were the first time I saw them at Electric Picnic (I think in 2015 possibly) friends are friends with some of the guys in the band so I was a bit "fine we'll go" leaving FKA Twigs not thinking I'd be in to it at all.
    Walked in to the tent just as Why They Hide(...) started and then I was just blown away and have been a massive fan ever since. Arrived to Body and Soul in 2016 quite late, threw the tent up, ran down to the main stage and made the start just in time.
    Definitely don't think they're for everyone but would suggest popping your head in to give them a go live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

D.Q wrote: »
    Probably the bassist

nah ... t'was Nialler9

https://twitter.com/Nialler9/status/1198381894007738368

fair enough .. what the fvck would he know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Girl Band wipe the floor with most bands in Ireland at the mo. Its a nice coup for the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I see Aiken have Crowded House booked for the Big Top, wouldn't be surprised at all to see them announced later in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,708 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Orbital announced for LATM, that and them playing last year probably rules them out

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭deeks

I see Aiken have Crowded House booked for the Big Top, wouldn't be surprised at all to see them announced later in the summer

Playing the Summer Series in Trinity on 1st July as well as the Marquee so I would have thought ATN on top of those two would be overkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

even if they weren't already playing here, they wouldn't suit ATN at all.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

even if they weren't already playing here, they wouldn't suit ATN at all.

Hey now hey now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What one? The Marquee in Cork of the Galway Arts Festival big top?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭deeks

What one? The Marquee in Cork of the Galway Arts Festival big top?

Marquee in Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

might get a few of these:

EK7lmw2XYAAjFjy?format=jpg&name=small

JVMcM probably very likely, hopefully Phoebe Bridgers (although would prefer a solo indoors gig)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Phoebe Bridgers would be great (new album incoming) - though agreed, better in a smaller more intimate venue.

Yeah could see someone like JVM playing, say he will have few stand-alone gigs for new album next year too. Dunno would there be much crossover besides that when there's almpst 2 weeks between them but who knows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

That's a grim enough line-up IMO!!

Well, tbf, the headliners aren't anything that would interest me.

Line-up has a bit more to it further down. Not a James Vincent McMorrow fan but people love him but Ibibio Sound Machine, Phoebe Bridgers, Marika Hackman are all excellent.

Didn't realise that Futureheads were still going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Kraftwerk playing at APE. Please make it happen

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The Chems are great live to be fair..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Basq wrote: »
    The Chems are great live to be fair..

Fair - but I rarely get excited for them as they're around so much.

If I was at a festival with them on the bill, I'd almost definitely go see them and enjoy it but seeing the Chems on top of a bill doesn't draw my attention anymore.

It's the same for plenty of bands that do the festival circuit regularly tbh.

I don't get the Liam Gallagher or Haim thing, though. I also wouldn't cross the street to see Keane or the Lumineers.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Line-up has a bit more to it further down. Not a James Vincent McMorrow fan but people love him but Ibibio Sound Machine, Phoebe Bridgers, Marika Hackman are all excellent.

Didn't realise that Futureheads were still going!!

I'd have to be putting my faith in the "PLUS MANY MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED" section.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I like the headliners for Latitude, not a massive Liam Gallagher fan but big fan of the other two and would probably go and see Liam if he was playing. All Points East has the strongest lineup of the summer so far IMO and they have only announced two days - Kraftwerk, Tame Impala, Caribou, Glass Animals, Johnny Marr, The Orb, Rolling Blackout Coastal Fever, Iggy Pop, Chromatics..

• Advertisement

I like the headliners for Latitude, not a massive Liam Gallagher fan but big fan of the other two and would probably go and see Liam if he was playing. All Points East has the strongest lineup of the summer so far IMO and they have only announced two days - Kraftwerk, Tame Impala, Caribou, Glass Animals, Johnny Marr, The Orb, Rolling Blackout Coastal Fever, Iggy Pop, Chromatics..

Yeah APE has had good lineups the last few years alright!

Advertisement