Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭siblers

might get a few of these:

EK7lmw2XYAAjFjy?format=jpg&name=small

JVMcM probably very likely, hopefully Phoebe Bridgers (although would prefer a solo indoors gig)

Surprised Haim are headliners. Didn't think they had much of a draw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

siblers wrote: »
    Surprised Haim are headliners. Didn't think they had much of a draw

And they are so "choreograped" live. Didn't enjoy them live myself

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Haim are rotten. I've had more enjoyable blood tests. And I'm a fan of Boards of Canada's dronier moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 brownek3

Bikini kill and Chromatics are confirmed for Primavera. I think they possible candidates.

The Flaming Lips have a new album coming out so they might be contenders.

For an electronic act I’d say Digitalism might feature. They’ve a new album out, are touring this summer and haven’t been to Ireland in a few years - I’d love to see them on the lineup!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Flaming Lips are playing Galway already so I would think probably not (I know Orbital did both last year but I would imagine that was a needs must thing rather than a plan for how things will go in the future).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Interesting story in the Examiner: https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/traffic-chaos-which-blighted-all-together-now-festival-could-have-been-avoided--gardai-969147.html

Gardai and Waterford County Council not too impressed with Pod and Aiken. Said they ignored advice, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,706 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Interesting story in the Examiner: https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/traffic-chaos-which-blighted-all-together-now-festival-could-have-been-avoided--gardai-969147.html

Gardai and Waterford County Council not too impressed with Pod and Aiken. Said they ignored advice, etc.

FOIs can get interesting stories. Hopefully will have it sorted by next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

The cynic in me questions the timing of release to coincide with EP going on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Read the irish times article over weekend about EP expanding to 70k for 2020. There was a couple of nuggets buried in the story. The main one was the body and soul are seemingly gone. Any chance they'd buddy up with ATN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭RINO87

Read the irish times article over weekend about EP expanding to 70k for 2020. There was a couple of nuggets buried in the story. The main one was the body and soul are seemingly gone. Any chance they'd buddy up with ATN?

If they do, i would imagine we would loose one of the festivals. Wouldn't like to see that as both a great in their own way.

Haven't been to B&S since 2016, but was at every one up to that and would love to return.
    ATN kind of has it's own thing going on and wouldn't like to see that change either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Well, that's the final nail in my EP coffin....not that I was planning on going back any time soon!

Yeah got an email from B and S and confirmed it. Looks like no ATN, judging by this: "We want to work towards bringing back a fresh energy and perspective to Body&Soul at the Summer Solstice Festival in Ballinlough and for our new winter festival ÉRIU (December 2020)"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yeah got an email from B and S and confirmed it. Looks like no ATN, judging by this: "We want to work towards bringing back a fresh energy and perspective to Body&Soul at the Summer Solstice Festival in Ballinlough and for our new winter festival ÉRIU (December 2020)"

Teaming up with ATN was never on, despite B&S getting its start with POD all those years ago. They are in direct competition with each other for punters now, and B&S did see a hit in tickets this year and last, the emergence of ATN was a big reason for that.

Leaving EP was on the cards for a while, the festival doesn't fully match their ethos anymore nor do the people that go. With the bigger crowds they would never have that nice space they used have.

In my view B&S festival was getting stale and the area in Picnic went from being so creative and innovative to an area that barely changed year on year.
    They were right to have a bit of a re think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I wouldn't be surprised if ATN and B&S joined together, sure half of B&S production crew was working at ATN last year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

If these guys do a European Tour, ATN would be absolutely perfect for them:

Even the story about how they organised the gig themselves is amazing:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8532074/how-vulfpeck-sold-out-madison-square-garden-without-manager-label
    he band has built its following in smart and timely ways, notably posting a 2014 album called Sleepify on Spotify, which was actually multiple tracks of pure silence, designed to build up publicity for maximum royalties. The trick worked, and the band made $20,000 -- which it used to fund a tour that was free for fans -- before Spotify pulled it down.

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Coz

If these guys do a European Tour, ATN would be absolutely perfect for them:

That would make me do the sex wee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

Looks like POD are co-promoting The Frames gig in Kilmainham in June. Probably a decent chance they'll be at ATN

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bulbymc

Any one recommend a caravan park close by. Didnt get a caravan pass and bringin the kids this yr. Any suggestions appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

There is a campsite called riverside campsite just outside of Carrick on Suir. This is not a terribly well serviced area, too far inland.
    On a sidenote, you can get an app, Motorhome camping.com which has a very comprehensive list of official campsites and areas which are suitable for wild camping and even pubs that are happy to have you park in their car park with prior approval. It is a great app to have if you like camping.

There is a motorhome and caravan forum. You could ask in their too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

bulbymc wrote: »
    Any one recommend a caravan park close by. Didnt get a caravan pass and bringin the kids this yr. Any suggestions appreciated

Sally Fort mini farm has camping. It's about 20 minutes drive away. There's nothing else closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I think IDLES are going to play

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Beck would be a savage headliner. He's been announced for a festival in Holland at the start of July so could be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

a few on that lineup that could play (that didn't play last year/are playing solo shows here already)
    Disclosure could be the big main stage dance act. maybe Bicep too.

74661327_216223079390246_1327085403859882265_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fdub5-1.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=102&oh=12704172245b266afa065c109c7389f8&oe=5EAACB5D

Guess its too late for announcement this side of Christmas. Maybe Sinead O Connor announced in January or February to give a chance for her stand-alone gigs to sell

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭deeks

Just noticed that Tangerine Fields is now open for 2020 ATN bookings for anybody interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

My god Wilco in Curraghmore would be glorious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Beck would be great. Went to see Disclosure at Kilmainham a few years ago and it was grim, a bit like how I imagine Longitude looks these days, but with rain and mud added for colour. Some amount of polluted teens covered in mud.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭TenPicnics

deeks wrote: »
    Just noticed that Tangerine Fields is now open for 2020 ATN bookings for anybody interested.

Remarkable just how much more expensive it is for ATN compared to the UK festivals: ATN punters will be paying €360 euros for the 2-4 man tent while Green Man or Boomtown punters only pay £180 for the same tent..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭Stillill42

TenPicnics wrote: »
    Remarkable just how much more expensive it is for ATN compared to the UK festivals: ATN punters will be paying €360 euros for the 2-4 man tent while Green Man or Boomtown punters only pay £180 for the same tent..

It's an absolute disgrace. Between themselves and Podpads, the 'luxury' camping options were a shambles last year, yet both have upped their prices this year. My first experience of glamping and never, I mean never again. They treat us like assholes, which we clearly are. I long for the day when we, as a nation, start to avoid this **** again.

Sorry. I didn't really like it last year.

Advertisement