Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that you don't give a $hit about.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,081 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Actually going to festivals is another one. I dont care how amazing electric shindig or the music at all tomorrow now was unreal, you still spent 300+ quid for a couple of days standing in a field and sleeping in a tent

• Registered Users Posts: 15,885 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

retalivity wrote: »
    Actually going to festivals is another one. I dont care how amazing electric shindig or the music at all tomorrow now was unreal, you still spent 300+ quid for a couple of days standing in a field and sleeping in a tent

That would be my idea of hell, I don't get the appeal.
    Moreso if it rains and the place turns into a WW1 battlefield. You couldn't pay me to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

I don't care about companies coming here and dodging tax... So what if some big US multi national pays 45c per year... not my problem. If we didn't offer them generous "tax arrangements" then they prob wouldn't be here in the first place anyway. Really it doesn't effect you or me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

The British royal family. Although I know loads of people don't give a sh1t about them, especially here on Boards, but the obsession with them that does exist is baffling. They seem like fairly nice people mostly - relatively unassuming, and probably also find the hysteria over them baffling (particularly the older generation) and they're the state's figureheads etc, but the forelock tugging adoration - cringe. Particularly from non British folk.

I guess I do give a sh1t about the worshipping of them. :pac:

Music festivals are actually great if you've somewhere comfortable to stay (was lucky enough to stay at a house for a few Electric Picnics) but camping - misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Being "woke"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Spiders. Harmless lil dudes in this country.

(Yeah I would freak if one with a body the size of a conker appeared but I haven't seen one of those in this country since I was eight).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

The repeal the eighth and gay marriage referendums.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭pgj2015

women getting paid as much as their male counterparts

gay pride parades

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭garyscargo

Greeting cards.

And any bullsh1t day/event/occasion/invented shyte that harangues me into having to f**king buy a greeting card.  Birthdays, anniversaries, kid/work/health/exam/relationship/whatever-related crap, and the big "V day". If you ever want to see human suffering first hand then just watch the miserable men rollings eyes at each other while moping around the Valentine's day card rack trying to find some ridiculously overpriced POS that will pass muster. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,109 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The rugby world cup.

I wonder how many of the goys will be completely out of the loop because the time zone difference will mean that a large chunk of the games will be on before a pub opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

People, not using. punctuation marks; in the correct! places

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

How many points some gob****e got in their leaving cert.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Charities - they only give about 10% of what they collect to the needy and pocket the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

Most of everything said in this thread...

Vegans
    Social media
    Charities
    Feminism

Being the main ones...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

I don't care about companies coming here and dodging tax... So what if some big US multi national pays 45c per year... not my problem. If we didn't offer them generous "tax arrangements" then they prob wouldn't be here in the first place anyway. Really it doesn't effect you or me!
    Remember that if you ever complain that the government doesn't have enough money in the pot for certain public services.

Space. Just nothing out there but the bitter cold. Boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Space. Just nothing out there but the bitter cold. Boring.

Read the Universe in your hand by Christophe Galfard, it proves your statement wrong and no doubt will give you a deep interest in space.
    It's so interesting it will melt your brain.

people in Ireland who win the lottery, they always have it on the news, a shop in birr just sold the winning ticket for 10 million euro, I dont know them so couldnt give a $hit, even if i knew them i wouldnt give a $hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,885 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

pgj2015 wrote: »
    people in Ireland who win the lottery, they always have it on the news, a shop in birr just sold the winning ticket for 10 million euro, I dont know them so couldnt give a $hit, even if i knew them i wouldnt give a $hit.

Free advertising for the lottery. I don't indulge and couldn't care less who wins. Don't know why it is even national "news".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭NoteAgent

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    For nothing as well.

Private landlords are scum.

"For Nothing"
    So foregoing spending on holidays, new cars, luxuries, etc. to scrape enough money together to buy an investment property to give a little more security for your future is "nothing" to you? You sound incredibly entitled.

Irish Rugby/ Rugby in general

Instagram models and social media influencers - I have friends who talk about the lives of instagram models they follow like they know them personally. Theres cafes and restaurants that are now offering free meals to people who have over a 1000 followers. What is happening.

This might be the worst. I feel sorry for these influencers when this whole instagram trend dies and they're out on there arse with no income. Where are they going to be when they're 50? But then again these people cant see past the next weekend let alone in 10 years time

Read the Universe in your hand by Christophe Galfard, it proves your statement wrong and no doubt will give you a deep interest in space.
    It's so interesting it will melt your brain.

I dunno. They pointed a telescope at a blank part of the sky to see if there was anything of interest there, here's the pic:

https://assets.newatlas.com/dims4/default/e0518ce/2147483647/strip/true/crop/661x441+70+0/resize/1160x774!/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.newatlas.com%2Farchive%2Fhubble-ultraviolet-image.png

... nothing new, same as the rest of the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

- Farmers or what they want.
    - All of Africa.
    - All of the middle east.
    - All of rural Ireland.
    - My neighbors.
    - Me too. Womens issues.
    - Any advert for absolutely anything on the radio.
    - ''celebrity news''...all of it without exception .... negative shts are given.
    - 97.2% of general sports news.
    - 100% of Irish sports news.
    - American bi-partisan shyte.
    - Designer clothes.
    - Concerts and festivals.
    - What women over 30 want.
    - Anyones exam results.
    - When you are watching a music video, what age you are when watching a music video, whether your comment was first.
    - Any film with the rock, vin diesel or especially will smith.
    - Parent+child parking spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Blacks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

This thread mostly consists of people complaining about things they clearly do give a **** about.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,322 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

pgj2015 wrote: »

I have seen the lotto wins being reported on international news before so I doubt it's an Irish thing.
    I do feel sorry for the staff tough having to act all excited about the shop selling the winning ticker for the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

the weather. ie folk acting as if rain was a life threatening disaster. it is just..... rain. nothing to curse about or freak out about.

phew. I needed to say that! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I have seen the lotto wins being reported on international news before so I doubt it's an Irish thing.
    I do feel sorry for the staff tough having to act all excited about the shop selling the winning ticker for the media.

The shops usually get a few quid as well when there's a big win

Advertisement