Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Youtuber - cold shower punishment for 2 yr old

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Getting on in the real world.
    It really doesn't show.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭dickangel

I would say to you so it must be such a shame to have such a LIMITED personal experience to draw from.

You lead such sheltered lives. Yet i post on here so much?? What you doing?

Often personal experience is irrelevant and a cheap substitute for facts and logic.

Also, I'm not sure you can judge someone to be sheltered based on their stance on cold showers as punishment for toddlers.

Well all i can say is if you think its GENUINE abuse you have a duty to report it.

If you don't report it stop slandering the family. Its a serious allegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I would say to you so it must be such a shame to have such a LIMITED personal experience to draw from.

You lead such sheltered lives. Yet i post on here so much?? What you doing?

I can assure you that Social Workers in Ireland and the UK would consider placing a toddler in a cold shower for messing a bed or 'lightly" slapping them for the same would consider both to be child abuse. Perhaps you should raise your concerns with Tusla?

dickangel wrote: »
    Often personal experience is irrelevant and a cheap substitute for facts and logic.

Also, I'm not sure you can judge someone to be sheltered based on their stance on cold showers as punishment for toddlers.

Fact most babies in some of the harshest climates in the world get cold showers. I have just showed you video evidence of babies being give cold showers in siberia.

No one on this thread seems to have any real idea of what this process looks like in real life. They jumped to the conclusion it was horrendous based on their imagination. I call that sheltered.

Again if you feel its abuse then you have to report it.

If you feel its not then you have to stop slandering the family.

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I thought you were Dutch.
    Nope.

They jumped to the conclusion that punishing a child with a cold shower is horrendous. Punishing a toddler for having a toileting accident is horrendous and is considered abusive by professionals here and in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭dickangel

Fact most babies in some of the harshest climates in the world get cold showers.

No one on this thread seems to have any real idea of what this process looks like in real life. They jumped to the conclusion it was horrendous based on their imagination. I call that sheltered.

Again if you feel its abuse then you have to report it.

If you feel its not then you have to stop slandering the family.

It's been pointed out several times that it's the intent of the parents that's the issue. They intend to punish the child with cold showers.

Your waffle about Siberia has no relevance at all. It's completely useless to the discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

He doesn't. Like you would know someone was telling stories about having an Irish friend.
    How on earth can you know SHE doesn't have a Russian friend? What's so far fetched about such an assertion?
    You haven't a clue about what you are talking.
    I asked how do you know Sardonicat doesn't have a Russian friend - and that means I haven't a clue what I'm talking about. You go on about bullying and how people should be kind and not cause drama - and look at the way you speak to people. Calling someone an idiot too. "Do as I say, not as I do" eh?
    It really doesn't show.
    How doesn't it show? This is just one topic.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    How on earth can you know SHE doesn't have a Russian friend? What's so far fetched about such an assertion?

I asked how do you know Sardonicat doesn't have a Russian friend - and that means I haven't a clue what I'm talking about. You go on about bullying and how people should be kind and not cause drama - and look at the way you speak to people. Calling someone an idiot too. "Do as I say, not as I do" eh?

Seriously, she's calling me 'he' , again. Just this morning I corrected Vibes as to my gender.

• Advertisement

Ok Apologies. Wow.

Ok Apologies. Wow.
    "Wow" what?

Seriously, she's calling me 'he' , again. Just this morning I corrected Vibes as to my gender.
    I spoke to you this morning you sure??

I dont remember speaking to you before at all??

Don't be overly sensitive people call me he all the time too.

"Wow" what?
    I'm astonished at your behavior.

He doesn't. Like you would know someone was telling stories about having an Irish friend.

You haven't a clue about what you are talking.

I do. I have Polish and Ukrainian friends too Imagine that!. I also pay attention to what people post. Like when they tell me their gender and where they're from...

I spoke to you this morning you sure??

I dont remember speaking to you before at all??

Don't be overly sensitive people call me he all the time too.

Oh I'm quite sure. It seems I'm better at remembering what I've said and who I've said it to than you. Is it OK for you to new overly sensitive? Just not anyone else?

I do. I have Polish and Ukrainian friends too Imagine that!. I also pay attention to what people post. Like when they tell me their gender and where they're from...
    My mother is ukrainian.

I am constantly told what ukraine is like by Irish people.

My mother is ukrainian.

I am constantly told what ukraine is like by Irish people.

Not by me you haven't.

Oh I'm quite sure. It seems I'm better at remembering what I've said and who I've said it to than you. Is it OK for you to new overly sensitive? Just not anyone else?

Knock yourself out.

She's astonished at my behaviour apparently (just for saying that if she dishes it out, people will react in kind).

I know how she feels.

• Advertisement

Not by me you haven't.
    Your friend is incorrect.

AS you can clearly see for yourself.

This is Siberia its winter.

The children look about two and up.

She's astonished at my behaviour apparently (just for saying that if she dishes it out, people will react in kind).

I know how she feels.
    For my part my apologies.

I will try and watch it in future. That's all i can say.

Your friend is incorrect.

AS you can clearly see for yourself.

This is Siberia its winter.

The children look about two and up.

The rivers are frozen in Siberia in winter

The rivers are frozen in Siberia in winter

Not all of it.

Its lake baikal in southern siberia in January (winter).

Not all of siberia freezes over ..its a big place :)

As you can see its not frozen.

I think your impressions of siberia might be incorrect.

Not all of it.

Its lake baikal in southern siberia in January (winter).

And are they being punished for ****ting the bed?

Perhaps. I don't know why parents bring them specifically.

I don't know all children asked to go or were made to. But they seemed to survive ok.

In the unfrozen lakes of siberia.

The little girl of the vlogger. She looks like a happy little girl.

And quite well looked after.

Perhaps. I don't know why parents bring them specifically.

You do realise you're making a foolong of yourself, don't you?

Anyway, my Dad has finally settled so I can go to sleep at last. Thanks for helping me stay awake, anyeay

Punishing a two-year-old for soiling their bed - all i can think of is my two-year-old niece. Horrible - the kid is two. How can they even understand? :(

• Advertisement

Punishing a two-year-old for soiling their bed - all i can think of is my two-year-old niece. Horrible - the kid is two. How can they even understand? :(

As long as they 'look' happy....

Advertisement