Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Youtuber - cold shower punishment for 2 yr old

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

circadian wrote: »
    Punishing a 2 year old with cold, even tepid water is just plain wrong. At that age they're developing fears, phobias and other behaviours.

Throwing them into a cold/cool shower as punishment is going to do wonders for the association with washing for them.

As for leaving children outside in the winter, this is common in Scandinavian countries. It's not like they leave them outside in peak winter with a vest on and that's it. These babies are wrapped up.

Ireland is far more humid than the places that this happens, I doubt leaving babies outside in cold, damp air is quite as a good idea as cool, fresh air.

Jesus, the stupid beating off this thread is unreal.

Actually, I've seen some parents in Finland chuck them out into the winter snow stark bollock naked. Not as a punishment, mind - and not for longer than a few seconds.

Anyway, back on track: as a punishment it's not really ideal because there's no communication. Well, other than sensationalist-parents trying to get more followers; and using your child for that is more abusive than a tepid shower.

Also - can someone tell me why an Irish youtuber was brought to the atteniogn of the NSPCC and not the ISPCC, or has that been delt with?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Also - can someone tell me why an Irish youtuber was brought to the atteniogn of the NSPCC and not the ISPCC, or has that been delt with?
    They live between the uk and Ireland ..they are Irish. So they might be over in the uk or something.

This is the story by the way. I don't think the NSPCC is really going to bother.

2WkGB.jpg

I am sure plenty of parents in ireland who don't have instant showers have to resort to cold water for times like that. And i am sure they are not in the brightest of moods at 4 in the morning when it happens either.

I still advocate slapping if it is legal where you live. I think it's shame its been taken away from parents.

Sorry, but if you need to resort to physical violence to try to teach your child something, you have already lost.
    If you wouldn't slap me, then no way should you slap a small tiny human being...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Originally Irish, living in UK. He was in trouble before for saying he drugged and raped his wife. Said then it was a joje. Seem to be a couple of painfull attention seekers.Feel sorry for the kids, used as pawns to make money.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Sorry, but if you need to resort to physical violence to try to teach your child something, you have already lost.
    If you wouldn't slap me, then no way should you slap a small tiny human being...
    Well its illegal here so its kind of a theoretical argument.

It is legal in the UK where they live though. Its also legal in the US.

• Advertisement

anewme wrote: »
    Originally Irish, living in UK. He was in trouble before for saying he drugged and raped his wife. Said then it was a joje. Seem to be a couple of painfull attention seekers.Feel sorry for the kids, used as pawns to make money.
    He didn't say anything like that. Go find it.

This pretty much explains everything. There are some nutjobs out there.

https://extra.ie/2019/07/26/news/real-life/irish-family-youtuber-planning-legal-action-over-sex-abuse-internet-trolls

Well its illegal here so its kind of a theoretical argument.

It is legal in the UK where they live though. Its also legal in the US.

If the only reason you have to not physically assault your child is because it's illegal, then there is something very wrong.

If the only reason you have to not physically assault your child is because it's illegal, then there is something very wrong.

that's your opinion. I was slapped growing up never did me any harm.

In fact quite frankly a lot of kids weren't slapped by their parents and it shows as they reach adulthood.

Take a look at some parts of Dublin.

So was I. But then I grew up & realised that you can't go around assaulting grown adults, you definitely shouldn't be assaulting tiny small humans who can't defend themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

He didn't say anything like that. Go find it.

This pretty much explains everything. There are some nutjobs out there.

https://extra.ie/2019/07/26/news/real-life/irish-family-youtuber-planning-legal-action-over-sex-abuse-internet-trolls

Thats what he put out there. He should not have said it. Seems to be a habit of saying things, then backtracking, then blaming others.

What kind of people would really be interested in these fake attention seekers?

• Advertisement

So was I. But then I grew up & realised that you can't go around assaulting grown adults, you definitely shouldn't be assaulting tiny small humans who can't defend themselves.
    Well assaulting no. Very light smacks etc are another thing. But totally illegal now.

Its really not the same thing.

I mean if grown adults were to go some of the things toddlers do to us we would have to spank them in self defense. I saw one bite the ear off her Dad a few weeks ago she was trying to run across the road and he picked her up. Chewed the ear off him while he screamed.

I don't think being extreme in either direction is a good idea for child raising.

Well assaulting no. Very light smacks etc are another thing. But totally illegal now.

Its really not the same thing.

I mean if grown adults were to go some of the things toddlers do to us we would have to spank them in self defense. I saw one bite the ear off her Dad a few weeks ago she was trying to run across the road and he picked her up. Chewed the ear off him while he screamed.

You mean a small child with no sense yet does things that a grown adult wouldn't do?
    Really?
    How surprising.
    Lightly smack any adult & see how you get on.
    Really if you can't teach your child without resorting to violence then maybe rethink having children.

Thats what he put out there. He should not have said it. Seems to be a habit of saying things, then backtracking, then blaming others.

What kind of people would really be interested in these fake attention seekers?

these type of people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

They were also raped. Really you want to use that here?

You are comparing victims of systematic abuse to very privileged well look after children.

This is ridiculous.
    But the punishment for wetting the bed is the part I'm focusing on only.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    But the punishment for wetting the bed is the part I'm focusing on only.

Your child has smeared herself in poo. Its 3 in the morning. You have no hot water no instant shower. What do you do?? Do you boil a kettle? Or do you chuck her quickly in the shower so you can all go back to bed?

And maybe you are not in the best of moods.

Realistic parents moments.

THey weren't punishing her.

You might want to read this btw.

2WkGB.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

In fact quite frankly a lot of kids weren't slapped by their parents and it shows as they reach adulthood.

Take a look at some parts of Dublin.

Is it at all possible that you not make practically every single thread on Boards about yourself.

I’ve been on boards.ie in one incarnation or another for probably 15 yrs+. I don’t think I’ve ever encountered a poster as prolific as you. You manage to illustrate yourself as a 12 year old on a Summer holiday which makes sense if you’re a supporter of the SJ’s.

I also have a Russian friend, one I lived with for 5 years. From Moscow. When she walked her dog in winter her nostrils would freeze up and she had little booties for her dog so his paws wouldn’t freeze to the footpath.

I have no doubt people in Nordic countries and Russia use hot to cold sensations for fun for their children but clearly you can’t see the difference between that and a child who has probably never experienced below zero temperatures being put into a cold shower (when there warm water available to wash her) to PUNISH her.

Just so long as we are clear she wasn't actually put into the shower to punish her.

She was put in the shower to clean poo off her in the middle of the night rather than let her sleep in her own poo.

The water was originally hot. But she began to think of it as a nice thing ..like a reward ..to show her it wasn't her parents made it tepid.

I mean if they didn't have an instant shower they would have to wash her in freezing water anyway.

It wasn't even a punishment.

Is it at all possible that you not make practically every single thread on Boards about yourself.

I’ve been on boards.ie in one incarnation or another for probably 15 yrs+. I don’t think I’ve ever encountered a poster as prolific as you. You manage to illustrate yourself as a 12 year old on a Summer holiday which makes sense if you’re a supporter of the SJ’s.

I also have a Russian friend, one I lived with for 5 years. From Moscow. When she walked her dog in winter her nostrils would freeze up and she had little booties for her dog so his paws wouldn’t freeze to the footpath.

I have no doubt people in Nordic countries and Russia use hot to cold sensations for fun for their children but clearly you can’t see the difference between that and a child who has probably never experienced below zero temperatures being put into a cold shower (when there warm water available to wash her) to PUNISH her.
    Its not about your friend and her Dog either may I say.

No they didn't put her in the shower to punish her. They did it to wash poo off her rather than let her sleep in her own poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,860 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

There is a programme on channel 4 tomorrow called "train your baby like a dog" (Seriously)
    Maybe this youtuber could watch that?

No they didn't put her in the shower to punish her. They did it to wash poo off her rather than let her sleep in her own poo.

They did it to punish her. “daddy has to do the discipline because I can’t”.

It was a punishment.

See the wood for the trees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

And turned the temperature down deliberately to make it a less pleasant experience.

You have advocated slapping small children for toilet accidents. My Dad who has dementia had a small accident this morning. Should I have done what your mother did to you when you were small and slap him for not paying attention and not making it to the toilet on time? Told the carer to turn down the water temperature of the shower to reinforce the message that weeing himself won't lead to nice things? Would those be alright things to do to a vulnerable adult?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    And turned the temperature down deliberately to make it a less pleasant experience.

You have advocated slapping small children for toilet accidents. My Dad who has dementia had a small accident this morning. Should I have done what your mother did to you when you were small and slap him for not paying attention and not making it to the toilet on time? Told the carer to turn down the water temperature of the shower to reinforce the message that weeing himself won't lead to nice things? Would those be alright things to do to a vulnerable adult?

Totally off topic but sorry about Your Dad. That must be very very difficult :(

They did it to punish her. “daddy has to do the discipline because I can’t”.

It was a punishment.

See the wood for the trees.
    They should have let her in poo?

The temp was lowered slightly so she didn't keep doing to get to get out of bed every night and have a warm shower because she likes them.

I am not going to comment on your family situation. Its unfair to you and irrelevant to the conversation.

Take care of yourself.

Totally off topic but sorry about Your Dad. That must be very very difficult :(

Thanks, he's actually doing really well. It's a post stroke dementia and we're (I mean he and I) are managing to keep the worst if it at bay by keeping as active as possible. He does have some very off days though. This morning was not the norm and hasn't been for a long time. The rainy weather means I can't bring him out for walks much and that has a major impact on him cognitively and emotionally. But it could be a whole lot worse.

No, they should have done what any decent parent would do. Clean her up, clean the bed up, tell her it’s not nice or proper behaviour and forget about it and move on.

It’s not like it happened as they were rushing out to work and it would have massively inconvenienced them.

We’ve all been there, there isn’t a parent alive who hasn’t at some point had to pick up pop from a surface it shouldn’t be on. It’s parenting, par for the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Fcuking Youtubers.

The temp was lowered slightly so she didn't keep doing to get to get out of bed every night and have a warm shower because she likes them.

No they should have washed her in nice warm water and changed her bed and out her back to sleep without fuss. And try different parenting techniques like a reward system, more secure nappies and night clothes, etc. Little children do this kind of thing. Then they grow out of it.

No, they should have done what any decent parent would do. Clean her up, clean the bed up, tell her it’s not nice or proper behaviour and forget about it and move on.
    That is exactly what they did.

• Advertisement

No they should have washed her in nice warm water and changed her bed and out her back to sleep without fuss. And try different parenting techniques like a reward system, more secure nappies and night clothes, etc. Little children do this kind of thing. Then they grow out of it.

They tried that for months.

Advertisement