Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

patmac wrote: »
    Anyone else Wildcarding this week. Have to find 1.5m, will probably downgrade Ings to a 5.4m.
    Looking at
    McCarthy, Nyland
    TAA, Doherty, AWB, Lundstram, Justin,
    KDB,. Fernandes, Mane, Henderson, Grealish,
    Jimi, Vardy 5.4
    shineon23 wrote: »
    Lundstram to a cheaper nailed on Sheff Defender (if you've Lundy at 4.9)

AWB to a cheaper defender, although United coverage in defence is in my plans.

Henderson to a cheaper starting MF (4.2-4.5)

Ings (and cheaper MF) has more attacking upside in my opinion than Henderson and a striker under 5.4 (Ayew the pick of them I think)

Only realised DDG is 5.3, I think he might be my keeper for the run in now.

Nyland(4.3), McCarthy(4.5), AWB (5.3) =14.1
    to
    DDG, (5.3) Martin (3.9), Targett (4.4)= 12.6

Leaves DDG as set and forget and gets you the 1.5.

Southampton have a few stinkers coming up where I can see them conceding in each game, followed by 2 'derbies' (BHA, BOU) then finishing with Sheffield United with gw38+, so I wouldn't touch their defence.

I'd still downgrade Henderson to a cheapie and if you stretch to a second Liverpool defender, VVD or Robertson, or whoever gets the nod at CB alongside VVD.

I'll probably downgrade Grealish in my own team this week, that could release more funds, but I do see the appeal of him as a slightly OOP player.

too many choices!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

COH wrote: »
    McCarthy
    TAA - Saiss - Egan
    Son - KDB - Salah - Fernandes - Sarr
    Rashford - Jiminez

(Nyland - Lascelles - Greenwood - Robinson)

I stupidly transferred out KDB when messing with my WC and dropped a load of value on him... serves me right for opening the app after a few beers last night.

Just realised I want Sarr and Son in my team as well.
    Basically I want
    TAA, Doherty,
    Son, KDB,Sarr,Fernandes, Mane
    Vardy, Jimi.
    Time to get the calculator out and check out the fixtures.

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Thinking of the below for the rest of the season.

Enough invested in highly priced midfielders/attackers to make easy transfers if needed.

Foster

TAA, Baldock, Lund

Salah, KDB, Son, Grealish, Cantwell

Auba, Kane

Martin, Lascelles, Simpson, Greenwood
    Auba is currently top of my never again list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

First draft of a wildcard

DDG-Martin

TAA-Egan-Saiss-Taylor (Basham or Lascelles)

Salah-KDB-Son-Saka-Guendouzi

PEA-Rashford-Jimenez

1.2 or 0.9 ITB

trying to get enough ITB to move PEA to Aguero in gw33+

4th and 5th MF spots are the major weak points, defence is light but rotatable.

Not sold on double Sheffield united defence for the run in with their fixtures but my rivals are doubling up :confused::confused:

Downgrading one of KDB or Aguero would solve my problems but I like nice things.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Auba is currently top of my never again list.

Sixth highest points scorer in the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Sixth highest points scorer in the game

The problem with Auba is that he plays for Arsenal, out of position, and like Hazard in previous years puts in hauls of 12 and 13 followed by a brace of 2's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

claw wrote: »
    The problem with Auba is that he plays for Arsenal, out of position, and like Hazard in previous years puts in hauls of 12 and 13 followed by a brace of 2's :)

He's very consistent in fairness. City away was always gonna be a 2 pointer. Norwich at home in the next game week is when you want him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dearg81 wrote: »
    He's very consistent in fairness. City away was always gonna be a 2 pointer. Norwich at home in the next game week is when you want him.

Home games earlier in season around the time I had him
    Bournemouth 2 pts
    Palace 2 points
    Wolves (easily the toughest of those home games ) 8 points
    Southampton 5 points
    Brighton 2 points

He is an infuriating player to own
    His points total is padded by big sporadic hauls
    He is an 11ml striker who plays left wing
    You are correct in saying city away is tough. However I would not totally right off the likes of salah , mane etc getting something whereas you genuinely could bench Auba without any fear .
    He is uncaptainable
    He plays for arsenal

Compare him to the likes of Jiminez for example
    Look at the consistecy
    How did he do against city ?

So many better cheaper options
    Never ever again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

I have Auba :D And his fixtures are great. And he will be staying in the team until I see a better option. For me, he is like Kane, never have him doing well when I need him to!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Unlikely to WC this week but decided to try a team out anyways and liking what I see, and increasingly tempted to pull the trigger before price rises kick in

DDG, Martin

TAA, Doherty, Saiss, Gibson, Lascelles

Mane, Grealish, KDB, Fernandes, Son

Rashford, Jota, Nekitah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Finger starting to hover over the WC button now....will wait til after the weekend either way

DDG | Button

Lascelles | TAA | Doherty | Egan | Taylor

Martial | KDB | Mane | Grealish | Cantwell

Vardy | Jiminez | Abraham

0.7m ITB to cover off any price changes if they ever happen.

Tried to spread the cover as much as possible amongst teams that have something to fight for but not sure if I managed it tbh....very hard to move completely away from what will still be highly owned players (TAA, KDB, Mane).

Not 100% on Cantwell or Lascelles. Taylor could be swapped for another Burnley defender if he doesn't feature this week

km79 wrote: »
    Home games earlier in season around the time I had him
    Bournemouth 2 pts
    Palace 2 points
    Wolves (easily the toughest of those home games ) 8 points
    Southampton 5 points
    Brighton 2 points

He is an infuriating player to own
    His points total is padded by big sporadic hauls
    He is an 11ml striker who plays left wing
    You are correct in saying city away is tough. However I would not totally right off the likes of salah , mane etc getting something whereas you genuinely could bench Auba without any fear .
    He is uncaptainable
    He plays for arsenal

Compare him to the likes of Jiminez for example
    Look at the consistecy
    How did he do against city ?

So many better cheaper options
    Never ever again

You should have kept him for the next 3 games after that - 12(Nor), 2(BHA) and 13(Whu) ;-)

I dont actually own him, I'm just saying he's more a flat track bully with 39 goals this season and last. I think his price ir right and he gets nearly all his goals against the weaker teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Duda over Cantwell maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

You should have kept him for the next 3 games after that - 12(Nor), 2(BHA) and 13(Whu) ;-)

I dont actually own him, I'm just saying he's more a flat track bully with 39 goals this season and last. I think his price ir right and he gets nearly all his goals against the weaker teams.

Don't think this is true at all, looking at his games against the top 6 he has returns this year of 9,9,9,8,5,2,2,2 with two of the minimum returns coming against City.

That said it's a lot of money for a player you would never be comfortable captaining, that's more to do with Arsenal being crap though.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Don't think this is true at all, looking at his games against the top 6 he has returns this year of 9,9,9,8,5,2,2,2 with two of the minimum returns coming against City.

That said it's a lot of money for a player you would never be comfortable captaining, that's more to do with Arsenal being crap though.

I just meant he never does anything against the big 2, he barely gets a shot in. I'd fancy him against the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

What's the thoughts on this lads:

Pope (McGovern)
    Baldock, Kabasele, Stephens (Taylor, Cahill)
    Mane, KDB, Fernandes, Salah (Norwood)
    Abraham, Ings, DCL

0.3 in the bank.

Lemlin wrote: »
    What's the thoughts on this lads:

Pope (McGovern)
    Baldock, Kabasele, Stephens (Taylor, Cahill)
    Mane, KDB, Fernandes, Salah (Norwood)
    Abraham, Ings, DCL

0.3 in the bank.

I’d prefer to have more players that are playing for something. So that would rule out Pope, Stephens, DCL and Ings for me.

I wouldn’t want all that money tied up in Liverpool midfielders once the league is wrapped up and that will possibly be against Palace which is 2 games from now.

I’ve got TAA and Salah and will possibly get rid of one once the league is wrapped up.

And I didn’t even give you the advice that encouraged me to hit the reply button.

I’d go with Femenia over Kabasele as he’s much more attacking and Janmaat is out for the remainder so he’s safe first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

Gotta love a WC
    Cant decide on keeper for now maybe Pope

De gea
    TAA Doherty Lascelles
    KDB Mane Fernandes Grealish
    Kane Abraham Jimi

Martin Saka Taylor Simpson

Think ones in Bold im set on

skippy15 wrote: »
    Gotta love a WC
    Cant decide on keeper for now maybe Pope

De gea
    TAA Doherty Lascelles
    KDB Mane Fernandes Grealish
    Kane Abraham Jimi

Martin Saka Taylor Simpson

Think ones in Bold im set on

De Gea ??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

km79 wrote: »
    De Gea ??????

Ye before the united match a United Def looked a given, fixture proof rest of season think will have tighten up now too...if only I didnt hate United so much!

Looking at
    Martinez/Martin
    Doherty,TAA,Justin, Lescalles, Lundstram,
    Guendouzi, KDB, Fernandes, Son, Mane,
    Jimenez, Ings Abraham.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Looking at
    Martinez/Martin
    Doherty,TAA,Justin, Lescalles, Lundstram,
    Guendouzi, KDB, Fernandes, Son, Mane,
    Jimenez, Ings Abraham.

Looking at a very similar team!

Martinez, Martin
    Doherty, TAA, Lascelles, Basham, Robinson
    KDB, Fernandes, Son, Mane/Salah, Guendouzi
    Jimenez, Ings, Abraham

0.3m itb

Happy with everyone except Abraham but maybe I can bring in Rashford and downgrade Ings at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Looking at a very similar team!

Martinez, Martin
    Doherty, TAA, Lascelles, Basham, Robinson
    KDB, Fernandes, Son, Mane/Salah, Guendouzi
    Jimenez, Ings, Abraham

0.3m itb

Happy with everyone except Abraham but maybe I can bring in Rashford and downgrade Ings at some stage.

Abraham didn't start today though?

I'm thinking about:

Martinez (Martin)
    TAA, Kiko Femenia, Lascelles (Stephens, Cahill)
    Mane, KDB, Son, Fernandes (Guendouzi)
    DCL, Jimenez, Ings

1.5 mil in the bank so could upgrade DCL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭shmeee

Done a quick WC team last night to prevent any price drops, this will change again I'm sure. Template enough kinda team.

Patricio, Martinez
    Doherty, TAA, Aurier, Ritchie, Taylor
    Bruno, Salah, KDB, Doucoure, Saka
    Jimi, Rashford, Maupay

ITB 0.0

WC is active....feels like groundhog day so soon after the unlimited transfers saga.

Pope | Buttton

TAA | Doherty | Fernandez (NEW) | Kabasele | Justin

KDB | Salah | Son | Bruno Fernandes | Saka

DCL | Ings | Jiminez

Nothing too outlandish there - would like to get Sarr in but would mean sarcrificing one of Bruno/Salah/Son.

Might yet go double Wolves defence I think - Boly would be my preference, would require a reshuffle of Justin & Fernandez to cheaper options

Bit light up top too maybe but not going to go near Auba or Kane again, and have had enough of Pep fannying about with Aguero. DCL looked sharp last night I thought, Ings looked decent as well and Jiminez has been my best FPL all season.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    WC is active....feels like groundhog day so soon after the unlimited transfers saga.

Pope | Buttton

TAA | Doherty | Fernandez (NEW) | Kabasele | Justin

KDB | Salah | Son | Bruno Fernandes | Saka

DCL | Ings | Jiminez

Nothing too outlandish there - would like to get Sarr in but would mean sarcrificing one of Bruno/Salah/Son.

Might yet go double Wolves defence I think - Boly would be my preference, would require a reshuffle of Justin & Fernandez to cheaper options

Bit light up top too maybe but not going to go near Auba or Kane again, and have had enough of Pep fannying about with Aguero. DCL looked sharp last night I thought, Ings looked decent as well and Jiminez has been my best FPL all season.

Ignore their prices . I think that is probably the best forward line . The only other I would consider is Rashford but he is returning from a long lay off so and you already have Bruno
    Midfield is good covering all the danger players. I may well need to get KDB bacl for this reason. However, I would go Mane over salah. There is nothing between them anyway but Salah is clearly not fit so why risk it?
    Defence is fine.
    Pope I would not be 100% on as my only playing keeper but he is prob as good as what is out there at that price.
    You will be in trouble if Sheff United start keeping clean sheets but you may well be rewarded for jumping off at the right time

There is no way ings will start every match, he was rotated a lot when they had busy schedules earlier in the season. He did look very sharp against Norwich though and you have Saka who is a good sub.

Cheers lads...the idea was to have as close to 15 starters as possible.

I have a nostalgic notion of Salah returning in imperious fashion for the next few weeks.

If I get Mane instead I can get the Arsenal goalie....I also have a non nostalgic notion that Pope will blow out his hip taking a goal kick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,039 ✭✭✭COH

Martinez
    Doherty | TAA | Saiss
    Mane | Son | KDB | Fernandes
    Jiminez | DCL | Ings

[ Martin - Saka - Lascelles - Robinson ]

Pretty much settled on this as my WC team... 0.0 ITB and a dodgy keeper but stupidly lost a bit of value tinkering with the team. Had Sarr in there in a 352 with Greenwood up top but Ings is so highly owned I think I'd prefer to play it safe with a 343 with Saka to come in if necessary.

Advertisement