Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Colking wrote: »
    What do people think of this latest draft ?

rjUb4ch.jpg

I have to say that I was pretty happy with Pope for the rest of the season until I saw last night. I know Man City had an extra game under their belt and are ... Man City. But ... Burnley looked diabolical. Add to that the fact that they couldn't even field a full subs bench and I'm nervous of them.

I think slab head might get a header but I'd like to set a keeper on this wc and not have to worry about it

Excellent
    Log off and stop depressing us with your super expensive squad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

As in you don’t think he’ll play it you just don’t trust José/Spurs?!

Against United,he had everyone playing no further forward than midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

I have to say that I was pretty happy with Pope for the rest of the season until I saw last night. I know Man City had an extra game under their belt and are ... Man City. But ... Burnley looked diabolical. Add to that the fact that they couldn't even field a full subs bench and I'm nervous of them.

I think slab head might get a header but I'd like to set a keeper on this wc and not have to worry about it

Amazing team. The only change I would be considering is downgrading Son and replacing Robinson, who will surely lose his spot soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Have my WC team pretty much nailed on but pondering Vardy or DCL. I have Rashford and Jiminez.

I have the same 2 and went for Vardy

I have the same 2 and went for Vardy

For some reason I put Soyuncu back in my team too.
    Cantwell has just left for Saka.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

For some reason I put Soyuncu back in my team too.
    Cantwell has just left for Saka.

I’ve Saka too. Might go Justin to Soy also. Template teams everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I have Robertson since day one as my Liverpool defence. Midfield starters currently Salah,Bruno,KDB,Grealish.
    1 million itb.

It probably allows Grealish to Son ?

It probably allows Grealish to Son ?

That's gonna take a bit more tinkering.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

rjUb4ch.jpg

Brilliant team, your subs bench is almost too good though, going to be leaving points on it

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Pope (Button)
    Laporte Doherty Masina (Ward, Simpson)
    Mane Son KDB Traore Fernandes
    Jimenez Rashford (Greenwood)

Any recommendations? Tempted to rejig it around to fit in Sarr for Traore so I'm not triple Wolves but not sure which one to drop, I like them all. Will probably go Mane -> Sterling after the City/Pool game.

Go Femenia instead of Masina, Janmaat is out injured.

Is Ritchie worth the extra 1m over Lascalles?

After spending the morning being bullish about TAA, I have the fear now - hes the difference between a Saka or a Martial...

• Advertisement

Brilliant team, your subs bench is almost too good though, going to be leaving points on it

Thanks, that was a concern for me. There's comfort sometimes in being able to easily pick your best starting 11.

Thanks, that was a concern for me. There's comfort sometimes in being able to easily pick your best starting 11.

that said, i cant see how downgrading anyone helps you improve elsewhere.. its a fantastic team.

How confident are you in Ritchie?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Is Robinson likely to be nailed on for Sheff Utd?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Anyone considering moving KDB out? (I know, I know). I’ve had him all season and would cost 0.6 to get him back but I think Son could potentially put score him the next two GWs.

I am very close to starting KDB on the bench for GW31, I just think he won't start and don't fancy a 1 point cameo (he is capable of cleaning up when coming on, don't get me wrong)

siblers wrote: »
    Is Robinson likely to be nailed on for Sheff Utd?

Until O'Connell/Egan are back, then unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 37,550 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think it's experiment time for Pep. I don't see anybody nailed on to start every week. Sane being fit just adds to the confusion.
    I think I have to get rid of KDB, just too much money to have tied up in a potential non-starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭howareyakid

rjUb4ch.jpg

Yeah that’s pretty impressive.

that said, i cant see how downgrading anyone helps you improve elsewhere.. its a fantastic team.

How confident are you in Ritchie?

Not 100% I was surprised he started on Sunday as he was supposed to have a knock and Valentino Lazaro was meant to start. However Bruce said that Ritchie had been magnificent in the previous few weeks Training.

From Bruce:

“He’s trained for the last two or three days. He’s had a slight strain but trained magnificently for the past two or three weeks, so it was all about him really, if he’s right.

“Thankfully, he was right, and if there’s a better pro around than Matt Ritchie, I’ve yet to see him. He forces his way into your team sheet because of his attitude.”

I think it's his spot to lose now. He's also along with Lascelles our most positive player both on the pitch and off, the kind that never stops.

I'm happy to have him in my side for now. But it will be a selection headache. Probably between him and Aurier each week.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think it's experiment time for Pep. I don't see anybody nailed on to start every week. Sane being fit just adds to the confusion.
    I think I have to get rid of KDB, just too much money to have tied up in a potential non-starter.

I feel like it’s a gamble to get rid but I also feel like it could be the type of aggressive move that could really pay off in terms of rank if it comes off. But could also blow up in your face if it goes wrong! Considering it myself though.

Greenwood and Nketiah is asking for trouble isnt it?

Allows a midfield of Son, Martial , KDB, Mane, Fernandes (and keeping TAA)

Edit: Yes, it is, sorry had to type it out to confirm it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Martinez/Martin
    TAA/Doherty/Justin/Lascelles/Robinson
    Mane/KDB/Bruno/Son/Guendouzi
    Jiminez/Ings/DCL

1.1m ITB

That's where I'm at right now. Unsure about Justin but Leicester are pretty solid at the back. DCL is nice to have for Norwich game. I can then decide what I do with Ings+DCL, and maybe bring in Rashford.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,550 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I feel like it’s a gamble to get rid but I also feel like it could be the type of aggressive move that could really pay off in terms of rank if it comes off. But could also blow up in your face if it goes wrong! Considering it myself though.
    Well I'm considering replacing him with Foden as my 5th midfielder. After his two goals and good performances and with the potential for KDB to move on if the ban remains I think he'll get lots of time on the pitch.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Martinez/Martin
    Jiminez/Ings/DCL

1.1m ITB

That's where I'm at right now. Unsure about Justin but Leicester are pretty solid at the back. DCL is nice to have for Norwich game. I can then decide what I do with Ings+DCL, and maybe bring in Rashford.

Spend the money on a better keeper and maybe upgrade guendouzi a little. The rest looks good

Greenwood and Nketiah is asking for trouble isnt it?

Allows a midfield of Son, Martial , KDB, Mane, Fernandes (and keeping TAA)

Edit: Yes, it is, sorry had to type it out to confirm it

Either is a great option as cheap option on the bench and if worst came to worst and they came on, they have potential to get some minutes/points. But you’d want to be happy to play 2 up front if you owned either!

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well I'm considering replacing him with Foden as my 5th midfielder. After his two goals and good performances and with the potential for KDB to move on if the ban remains I think he'll get lots of time on the pitch.

I’m thinking of maybe getting Richardlison or Martial in for the next two weeks anyway with a back up plan for getting him back after the Liverpool game and just take the hit on the 0.6 value I’d lose. It may be time to start gambling!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Strongly considering dropping Salah/Mane and going 3-4-3 with Vardy instead.

Palace are decent and Salah/Mane might not play 90 mins

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Martinez/Martin
    Jiminez/Ings/DCL

1.1m ITB

Just bear in mind that Martinez might be a short term solution and you might not have sufficient notice to fix it. I'd put in a second playing keeper while on WC.

Either is a great option as cheap option on the bench and if worst came to worst and they came on, they have potential to get some minutes/points. But you’d want to be happy to play 2 up front if you owned either!

He meant he had both !

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Trey13

Has there been any insight into whether Salah will play this week? I have him in my wildcard team at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭munster87

Son, Martial or Pogba? Have Bruno.

Advertisement