Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

COH wrote: »
    Nailed on, struggles with crosses

Badumtush

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

TAA is the one I'm thinking of going without. Almost gaurunteed no clean sheet in 32. Think Aurier has been matching him for attacking output for a while now.

Aurier is a headcase though. For TAA, the games around that city game are 3 home games against Palace, Villa and Burnley and an away game at Brighton. I don't think anyone would be surprised at 4 cs and attacking returns there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Some really good discussion and food for thought in this thread. A couple of picks I don't think I would have considered without it.

On WC:

DDG // Button

TAA: Doherty: Saiss // Lascelles, Femenia

KDB: Mane: Pogba: Richarlison // Saka

Rashford: Jimenez: DCL

Pretty happy that my subs should play in case of rotation, and I like the first 11. Double Wolves defence is a risk but as somebody point out, their fixtures are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

titan18 wrote: »
    Aurier is a headcase though. For TAA, the games around that city game are 3 home games against Palace, Villa and Burnley and an away game at Brighton. I don't think anyone would be surprised at 4 cs and attacking returns there.

I think we will see Neco Williams start at least one of those (if the title is secured). The big risk with that is we might end up seeing TAA in midfield.

Aurier is erratic, but hes been a good source of points all season despite no clean sheets (7 assists). Also WH, Sheff U, Everton, Bournemouth in the next 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Rikand wrote: »
    I hadnt really planned on using the WC but after my disastrous first gameweek back I'm thinking about going ham on it.

Underlined are additions

Pope | Martinez
    TAA | Doherty | Baldock | Taylor | Robinson
    Salah | KDB | Bruno | Grealish | Fleck
    Vardy | Abraham | Jiminez (VAJ)

I'd love to bring back the VAJ frontline, but if Vardy doesnt produce in his next game, I can change that to a JAR frontline with Rashford in pretty handy. Beef up somewhere else then afterwards if needs be.

Prefer a 3-4-3, but 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 optional later on depending on results. Only 7 changes though and feel like I should be making more when it comes to a wildcard.

Not bringing in Son so that he can produce for the rest of ye. if I owned him, he would blank indefinitely

Personally, I'd be inclined to look at Sarr over Grealish. I like the frontline but has Giroud played himself into a position where he might take minutes from Abraham ? I'd be nervous of Fleck and after last night I wouldn't be happy going double Burnley defense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Colking wrote: »
    Personally, I'd be inclined to look at Sarr over Grealish. I like the frontline but has Giroud played himself into a position where he might take minutes from Abraham ? I'd be nervous of Fleck and after last night I wouldn't be happy going double Burnley defense.

Thank col, I really appreciate the input.

Grealish to Sarr
    Fleck to Saka
    Tammy to DCL

And leaves me with 1.3 million if I need to make changes down the line or later today lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Looking at the below
    Pope/Martin
    TAA/Doherty/Holgate/Lascelles/Simpson
    Slah/KDB/Bruno/Sarr/Saka
    Jiminez/Rashford/Ings

Main doubts are to go with Sarr/Saka or Traore/St Max. The latter makes for tough decisions on who to drop each week but more potential for points. Also considering changing Ings to DCL to have some cash ITB

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Pope (Button)
    Laporte Doherty Masina (Ward, Simpson)
    Mane Son KDB Traore Fernandes
    Jimenez Rashford (Greenwood)

Any recommendations? Tempted to rejig it around to fit in Sarr for Traore so I'm not triple Wolves but not sure which one to drop, I like them all. Will probably go Mane -> Sterling after the City/Pool game.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rikand wrote: »
    Thank col, I really appreciate the input.

Grealish to Sarr
    Fleck to Saka
    Tammy to DCL

And leaves me with 1.3 million if I need to make changes down the line or later today lol

Good moves

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Pope (Button)
    Laporte Doherty Masina (Ward, Simpson)
    Mane Son KDB Traore Fernandes
    Jimenez Rashford (Greenwood)

Any recommendations? Tempted to rejig it around to fit in Sarr for Traore so I'm not triple Wolves but not sure which one to drop, I like them all. Will probably go Mane -> Sterling after the City/Pool game.

Burnley are in turmoil behind
    Can’t hardly fill the sub bench .
    Find another keeper
    I do not like that defence at all !
    Laporte will not start every game and offer little to no attacking threat for his price . Doherty is about the only one I would be happy with .
    No TAA or Robertson might hurt you
    Masina is fine as a 4th or 5th defender. But again. With watford their defenders and full back in particular are notorious for being rotated /getting injured .
    Add in the fact you plan on starting Traore every week and you are in trouble .

Like the midfield . Forward line is good too but you may need to downgrade Rashford to find cash yet

• Advertisement

Looking at the below
    Pope/Martin
    Slah/KDB/Bruno/Sarr/Saka
    Jiminez/Rashford/Ings

Main doubts are to go with Sarr/Saka or Traore/St Max. The latter makes for tough decisions on who to drop each week but more potential for points. Also considering changing Ings to DCL to have some cash ITB

Really good squad . Reconsider keeper
    DCL or Ings is a tough one
    Maybe go with DCL for this week and keep cash ITB. Reassess after
    Ings is getting rotated for one of these 2 games. There is nothing more certain !

shineon23 wrote: »
    A or B anyone?

I was pretty settled on this

(A)

DDG-Button

TAA-Doherty-Lascelles-Taylor-Ngakia

KDB-Son-Salah-Saka-Guendouzi

PEA-Rashford-Jimenez

But if I leave out Salah I can afford this:

(B) with 1.2 ITB

DDG-Button

TAA-Doherty-Ritchie-Taylor-Justin

KDB-Son-Fernandes-Saka-Saint-Maximin

PEA-Rashford-Jimenez

I like A. After last night I'm having second thoughts about Pope and while DDG won't rack up many save points he might be one of the most consistent keepers for 6 points to the end of the season. (horror show against spurs goal aside)

Saint Maximin is by no means the finished article but I think he's one of the few that has the potential to keep his place under new owners. If he adds a bit more end product to his game he will be a handful.

elefant wrote: »
    Some really good discussion and food for thought in this thread. A couple of picks I don't think I would have considered without it.

On WC:

DDG // Button

TAA: Doherty: Saiss // Lascelles, Femenia

KDB: Mane: Pogba: Richarlison // Saka

Rashford: Jimenez: DCL

Pretty happy that my subs should play in case of rotation, and I like the first 11. Double Wolves defence is a risk but as somebody point out, their fixtures are great.

Nice squad
    Are you short of the money for Fernandes instead of Pogba ?
    If not get him instead . It’s a classic case of trying to be too smart in FF otherwise :D

I will just throw one word of warning our for DDG owners
    Listen carefully to OGS interview today just in case . I really don’t see him being dropped but just to be sure .
    Romero will play cup game for sure as he always does though ......

patmac wrote: »
    I’m going to hold onto Justin for tomorrow’s game, also got rid of Martinez for McCarthy. By the way who would you drop out of this lot For the next gw?

McCarthy,

TAA,Doherty,Ritchie, Justin,

KDB,Mane,Son,Bruno Fernandes, Sarr,
    Ings, Jimenez
    Other Subs, Martin, Greenwood, Robinson.

I'd sub Justin personally. I think everyone else on your side (apart from GK) has a potential goal or assist in them.

I like A. After last night I'm having second thoughts about Pope and while DDG won't rack up many save points he might be one of the most consistent keepers for 6 points to the end of the season. (horror show against spurs goal aside)

Saint Maximin is by no means the finished article but I think he's one of the few that has the potential to keep his place under new owners. If he adds a bit more end product to his game he will be a handful.

But that end product will take time to come and you need it now .........
    Again I will try and convince you
    That forward line is killing your squad

There are a good few mid priced strikers who will match auba for rest of season AND you then won’t have to start one of saka or saint maximum every week
    Let’s be honest. Do you really think it is a good idea to have double arsenal for any game at all based on what we have seen from them ? And then to add to that you will also have double United attack ...........I can see the logic in that BUT they have still only scored 45 leagues goals in 30 games when all is said and done.
    I know the fear of missing aubas one big haul that will inflate the sea of 2 points either side of it will be there .
    So I will just ask you one question .
    Are you planning on captaining him most weeks?
    If not why ............

Looking at the below
    Pope/Martin
    Slah/KDB/Bruno/Sarr/Saka
    Jiminez/Rashford/Ings

I think Sarr will get the minutes. I think Traore is being managed and will continue to be managed for his minutes. He is explosive though. Saka is a good player but Arsenal are in a bad place right now.

The Newcastle players are auditioning a bit right now for potential new owners, they also have a very good run of games. Well worth considering one of Lascelles, Ritchie, Saint Fernandez in defense is also worth keeping an eye on @ 4.6 I'd put him on a par with Saiss for attacking potential.

I think Sarr will get the minutes. I think Traore is being managed and will continue to be managed for his minutes. He is explosive though. Saka is a good player but Arsenal are in a bad place right now.

The Newcastle players are auditioning a bit right now for potential new owners, they also have a very good run of games. Well worth considering one of Lascelles, Ritchie, Saint Fernandez in defense is also worth keeping an eye on @ 4.6 I'd put him on a par with Saiss for attacking potential.

Fernandez is also a Bonus monster
    Really happy with his return since I got him

Saiss was poor for them last game . Wonder will he be rotated ......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

km79 wrote: »
    Nice squad
    Are you short of the money for Fernandes instead of Pogba ?
    If not get him instead . It’s a classic case of trying to be too smart in FF otherwise :D

I will just throw one word of warning our for DDG owners
    Listen carefully to OGS interview today just in case . I really don’t see him being dropped but just to be sure .
    Romero will play cup game for sure as he always does though ......

Yeah, I'm 0.4 short of Fernandes. I could downgrade DDG to make that work, but I'm not feeling too good about Pope and Burnley as a set-and-forget option. The potential smugness of Pogba working out is very tempting too, as you say.

Something to mull over until the deadline anyway.

But that end product will take time to come and you need it now .........
    Again I will try and convince you
    That forward line is killing your squad

There are a good few mid priced strikers who will match auba for rest of season AND you then won’t have to start one of saka or saint maximum every week
    Let’s be honest. Do you really think it is a good idea to have double arsenal for any game at all based on what we have seen from them ? And then to add to that you will also have double United attack ...........I can see the logic in that BUT they have still only scored 45 leagues goals in 30 games when all is said and done.
    I know the fear of missing aubas one big haul that will inflate the sea of 2 points either side of it will be there .
    So I will just ask you one question .
    Are you planning on captaining him most weeks?
    If not why ............

I'd agree about Auba .. after the next 2 nice fixtures. I definitely have fomo for the next 2 by not having him in my side. I would potentially cpt him for the next 2 and then jettison.

I would only have saka as a 5th midfielder on the bench preferably.

Saint Max, yes he's not the finished article yet, he's a throw of the dice for people looking to climb. People who need to climb rather than consolidate need to go with 7-8 template and 3-4 slightly high risk high reward punts.

I'd agree about Auba .. after the next 2 nice fixtures. I definitely have fomo for the next 2 by not having him in my side. I would potentially cpt him for the next 2 and then jettison.

I would only have saka as a 5th midfielder on the bench preferably.

Saint Max, yes he's not the finished article yet, he's a throw of the dice for people looking to climb. People who need to climb rather than consolidate need to go with 7-8 template and 3-4 slightly high risk high reward punts.

He is not my definition of high risk high reward tbh
    He is an attacking player who plays for Newcastle :D
    They will soon have nothing to play for too. Not someone I would want to be starting week in week out
    And where do you go if it doesn’t work out . Not an easy switch

Don’t know why I’m talking people out of all these players either . I am chipless so should be encouraging ye :D

• Advertisement

Suprised at the lack of Jesus in teams

I think he is now a great option due to his killer instinct in front of goal and the fact his manager has shown he will start him week in week out and not play a midfielder as a striker instead of him ever

;)

He is not my definition of high risk high reward tbh
    He is an attacking player who plays for Newcastle :D
    They will soon have nothing to play for too. Not someone I would want to be starting week in week out
    And where do you go if it doesn’t work out . Not an easy switch

Don’t know why I’m talking people out of all these players either . I am chipless so should be encouraging ye :D

No worries, thanks for taking the time to give advice, it's appreciated to get some feedback when people put up their WC teams. Particularly when we need to have them finalised by 17:00 today.

Personally neither PEA or Saint are in my side but I'm happy to give people advice on what they are thinking and not try to persuade everyone to go full on template. We need a bit of diversity or else risk this board becoming an echo chamber.

I like that a few people are looking at Aurier, I'm looking hard at that option myself (fear of the fecker getting a red cautions me)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Have my WC team pretty much nailed on but pondering Vardy or DCL. I have Rashford and Jiminez.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Anyone considering moving KDB out? (I know, I know). I’ve had him all season and would cost 0.6 to get him back but I think Son could potentially put score him the next two GWs.

Anyone considering moving KDB out? (I know, I know). I’ve had him all season and would cost 0.6 to get him back but I think Son could potentially put score him the next two GWs.

One word. Jose.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

One word. Jose.

As in you don’t think he’ll play it you just don’t trust José/Spurs?!

What do people think of this latest draft ?

rjUb4ch.jpg

I have to say that I was pretty happy with Pope for the rest of the season until I saw last night. I know Man City had an extra game under their belt and are ... Man City. But ... Burnley looked diabolical. Add to that the fact that they couldn't even field a full subs bench and I'm nervous of them.

I think slab head might get a header but I'd like to set a keeper on this wc and not have to worry about it

Have my WC team pretty much nailed on but pondering Vardy or DCL. I have Rashford and Jiminez.

Initially I was all over Vardy for the rest of the season. But the savings in money by going to DCL was substantial. For me it was the difference between Trent and Salah v Van Dijk and Mane.

What does the extra cash allow you to do ?

Initially I was all over Vardy for the rest of the season. But the savings in money by going to DCL was substantial. For me it was the difference between Trent and Salah v Van Dijk and Mane.

What does the extra cash allow you to do ?

I have Robertson since day one as my Liverpool defence. Midfield starters currently Salah,Bruno,KDB,Grealish.
    1 million itb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Anything to be said for Jesus?

He makes my plans a lot easier for 2 weeks time if Aguero is indeed out for the season.

Can move from PEA to Jesus is a single transfer

Advertisement