Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

jackboy wrote: »
    You are definitely an outlier.

Be a lover not a hater :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Per capita we are far worse than India and China, it's a global problem. Do you not want to clean up your own back yard?

It is clean.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭lleti

Per capita we are far worse than India and China, it's a global problem. Do you not want to clean up your own back yard?

Comparing climate change to your back yard is wrong.

1. You own your back yard and you only.

2. You can improve it immediately without any costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

No it just seems to be men aged 40+ who moan the most about everything. All you f*cking do is moan moan moan about everyone else. I don't know how you live like that.

Again are you psychic? Sounds more like a sexist comment tbh

Pot Kettle black? In your various comments - you moan about middle age men in this thread, you moan and give out about those living in the country, you moan about housing ditto, you moan about farmers, you moan about cattle - you moan about all those things in your comments ad nauseum. I really really do not know how you live like that.

That's not to say criticism is not always valid but moaning like that again and again is not discussion for sure.

Perhaps you would like to explain your bizarre belief its "men aged 40+" who chose to comment and no one else?

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    It is clean.

Lol. Good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

well im sorry we don't have a million poor rice farmers to cover up the giant factories making cities an unbreathable place.

Also the figures are often self submitted....believing china's government wouldn't be the wisest decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

The Chinese now exceed EU per capita emissions..

The only reason that Ireland is above the EU average is due to the fact that we have a valuable export trade in agricultural produce mainly to other EU countries. And even though that produce is eaten elsewhere - those carbon emissions end up on Irelands balance sheet. There is a now a significant case to be argued for such emissions to be measured Europe wide as other countries are benefiting from deliberatly offshoring such production to other countries.

Lol. Good one.

I think its a nicer response than wailing at anyone who disagrees with me.:)

well im sorry we don't have a million poor rice farmers to cover up the giant factories making cities an unbreathable place.

Also the figures are often self submitted....believing china's government wouldn't be the wisest decision.

Pity about our own filthy cities

https://www.thejournal.ie/poor-air-quality-in-ireland-killing-1120-people-each-year-4823103-Sep2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

gozunda wrote: »
    The Chinese now exceed EU per capita emissions..

The only reason that Ireland is above the EU average is due to the fact that we have a valuable export trade in agricultural produce mainly to other EU countries. And even though that produce is eaten elsewhere - those carbon emissions end up on Irelands balance sheet. There is a now a significant case to be argued for such emissions to be measured Europe wide as other countries are benefiting from deliberatly offshoring such production to other countries.
    So you want responsibility for Ireland's emissions to be spread out based on where we export - but you don't want the same for China (since, if we did that, it'd massively inflate the emission's the western world is responsible for...).

Typical/usual hypocrisy and wilful blindness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

our cities smog and carcinogens levels wouldnt even fit on the same graph as most industrial cities in asia.

our cities smog and carcinogens levels wouldnt even fit on the same graph as most industrial cities in asia.

So that makes it ok?

So that makes it ok?

well it means that in terms of 'saving the planet' as a whole , we would be , as the post that started this tangent 'pissing into the wind' if asia doesn't get its act together.

Us trying to have cleaner air in our cities has nothing to do with india or china. You people are obsessed with india and china.

Us trying to have cleaner air in our cities has nothing to do with india or china. You people are obsessed with india and china.

ohh so the world can clean up its act in sections.

Its alright lads, as long as europe keeps innovating nothing bad will happen no matter how badly asia and africa continue to screw up.

ohh so the world can clean up its act in sections.

Its alright lads, as long as europe keeps innovating nothing bad will happen no matter how badly asia and africa continue to screw up.

Lol. So do nothing to clean up our own act because someone else isnt. Are you 12?

Why are you only focusing locally?
    You said yourself "its a global problem"

Why are you only focusing locally?
    You said yourself "its a global problem"

Its the best i can do

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Oddly it's because of green polices our air is filthy, I assumed they put the atmosphere before our health?

• Advertisement

Its the best i can do

Ah right so shout down anyone who mentions China and India instead.
    Good lad:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭lleti

Its the best i can do

Where are Gretas parents? Are they following her around the states too?

They seem like terrible parents tbh. Greta forced them to make lifestyle changes and made them stop eating meat, that was when she was much younger. What kind of parents allow their children to walk all over them?

They must be delighted she's not around them and demanding things from them. They're probably stuffing their faces with meat and flying on planes when she's not there.

I know very little about Greta or her parents. You guys seem to know it all.

Ah right so shout down anyone who mentions China and India instead.
    Good lad:rolleyes:

I think its a lazy excuse to do nothing because india and china

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

lleti wrote: »

They seem like terrible parents tbh. Greta forced them to make lifestyle changes and made them stop eating meat, that was when she was much younger. What kind of parents allow their children to walk all over them?

They must be delighted she's not around them and demanding things from them. They're probably stuffing their faces with meat and flying on planes when she's not there.

Terrible parents alright.

Have raised a smart, principled, conscientious girl who by the age of 16 has spoke at UN, EU, HoC, US congress, won several awards, has been nominated for a Nobel prize, has travelled from Europe to the US on a racing yacht, has motivated over ten million people to join her on striking in order to motivate governments to protect the planet and has ticked off an entire socio-group of conspiracy theorists who hate the idea of positive action or change.

If she never does another thing, she'll have lived a more eventful and productive life than 99.9% of people on the planet.

But yeah, terrible parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

lleti wrote: »

Jasus this is the biggest load of scutter I have read so far...and thats saying something on this tread :eek:

Time to log off methinks before I start losing brain cells reading this moronic gibberish!

Terrible parents alright.

Have raised a smart, principled, conscientious girl who by the age of 16 has spoke at UN, EU, HoC, US congress, won several awards, has been nominated for a Nobel prize, has travelled from Europe to the US on a racing yacht, has motivated over ten million people to join her on striking in order to motivate governments to protect the planet and has ticked off an entire socio-group of conspiracy theorists who hate the idea of positive action or change.

If she never does another thing, she'll have lived a more eventful productive life than 99.9% of people on the planet.

But yeah, terrible parents.

I would have said pimped out their mentally ill daughter to cause panic to assist big corporate interests and erode peoples way of life in the name of averting a crisis that those interests have been peddling for decades, but sure here we are.

Your way of life needs to change Eric! I hope im alive long enough to see people like you inconvenienced :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I would have said pimped out their mentally ill daughter to cause panic to assist big corporate interests and erode peoples way of life in the name of averting a crisis that those interests have been peddling for decades, but sure here we are.

I know you would have, I've seen enough of your posts to know the way you think.

Thing is, there's no evidence to support that view. But, ignoring evidence is part and parcel of some peoples MO.

• Advertisement

I think its a lazy excuse to do nothing because india and china

We(as in western Europe) aren't doing nothing.
    If China and India followed our lead the world would be much better off but because they aren't it leads back to my original post that we are pissing against the wind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement