Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

whelan2 wrote: »
    Not sure but many forklift would probably have bern bought in the amount they spent. Ridiculous. No accountability. Not one piece of paper has been printed yet on it

I agree. The lack of accountability in this country is staggering. But the small operator is being hammered by the authorities that be. A bord bia inspector rang me this week to organise an inspection. I had him the last time. I gave him a good bit of ****e on the phone about his nitpicking over small things such as a bit of dust and cobwebs in the parlour. Everything in his report was negative. He failed to mention alll the improvements and investment since the previous inspection.

I am going to tell all politicians where to go when they come looking for a vote for the next General election. Politicians, civil servants, bord Bia inspectors don't you just love the whole lot of them. That's my rant over for today

• Registered Users Posts: 29,272 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I agree. The lack of accountability in this country is staggering. But the small operator is being hammered by the authorities that be. A bord bia inspector rang me this week to organise an inspection. I had him the last time. I gave him a good bit of ****e on the phone about his nitpicking over small things such as a bit of dust and cobwebs in the parlour. Everything in his report was negative. He failed to mention alll the improvements and investment since the previous inspection.

I am going to tell all politicians where to go when they come looking for a vote for the next General election. Politicians, civil servants, bord Bia inspectors don't you just love the whole lot of them. That's my rant over for today
    Problem is though what happens if the greens do well in the next election. We are up **** creek then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,015 ✭✭✭emaherx

Not sure but many forklift would probably have bern bought in the amount they spent. Ridiculous. No accountability. Not one piece of paper has been printed yet on it

I work with industrial printers like this, no customer would purchase one off us without us doing a site survey first, they also wouldn't pay in full till installation was complete.

I doubt they need a forklift, someone most likely talking up electric pallet truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

You're like reggie now, with the cryptic clues

Your not a sheep farmer so! Trying to figure out the author of the journals article name on here is the hard bit. Wrangler was the easy bit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,105 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Ard_MC wrote: »
    Your not a sheep farmer so! Trying to figure out the author of the journals article name on here is the hard bit. Wrangler was the easy bit!!

You know I don't agree with anonymous posting but just too lazy to learn twitter.
    Any thing I say I'm not afraid to be identified with .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,723 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

emaherx wrote: »
    I work with industrial printers like this, no customer would purchase one off us without us doing a site survey first, they also wouldn't pay in full till installation was complete.

I doubt they need a forklift, someone most likely talking up electric pallet truck.

Any truth in the rumour that those were Michael Healey-Rae's pants hanging in the back ground? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, those printers look like large industrial types. Not your typical office printer near the water cooler. I'd imagine they would be used to print tribunal reports etc, that could run to 100s of pages.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

It's a wind up from a Russian site.

Cow thinks she's in an open field. Ah this is lovely. Cow runs across field. Cow runs into wall. Cow dead.

My guess it was a test to see just how gullible the western media have become.

Say my name - your message inbox is full!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,263 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Panch18 wrote: »
    Say my name - your message inbox is full!!!

Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

When the machine was delivered it couldn't fit into the dail. Went into storage at something ridiculous like 6k a month. Was listening about it yesterday when driving. The staff will need extra money to train to use it too

I heard it was 500 a week storage, back at the suppliers warehouse.
    That's like something our local commercial print shop has,.
    Done know why they need it really, Dept Ag uses four or five commercial print shops to print herd registers etc.

There was a site survey done and they were warned, you couldn't make it up really, wonder how many knee replacements would a million finance.
    Forklift or pallet truck, apparently there's a H and S issue with the forklift in the passage ways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,226 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Not the first time, Dublin LA bought water meters and also then bought the meter boxes. Nobody checked that one wouldn't fit into the other.

Don't know the detail of the difference of opinion between Sam and Say but here's a piece on the charcoal;
    https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/nov/29/this-dark-material-the-black-alchemy-that-can-arrest-carbon-emissions

Getting confused on my Threads, should be in Dairy Chitchat. They'll see it anyway.

Water John wrote: »
    Not the first time, Dublin LA bought water meters and also then bought the meter boxes. Nobody checked that one wouldn't fit into the other.

Don't know the detail of the difference of opinion between Sam and Say but here's a piece on the charcoal;
    https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/nov/29/this-dark-material-the-black-alchemy-that-can-arrest-carbon-emissions

Getting confused on my Threads, should be in Dairy Chitchat. They'll see it anyway.

They're always apologising for one disaster while they're creating the next

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Any truth in the rumour that those were Michael Healey-Rae's pants hanging in the back ground? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, those printers look like large industrial types. Not your typical office printer near the water cooler. I'd imagine they would be used to print tribunal reports etc, that could run to 100s of pages.
    I heard on the radio yesterday evening that it can print 16,000 pages per hour. The reporter was at a commercial printing company that has one and they said the machine is designed to run 24/7/365.

Water John wrote: »
    Stockholm is the leader on the technology on this side of the world.
    As someone said before it's all nothing new it used to be called horticultural charcoal.
    Have a look at the tree and grass growth at the end of the clip.
    And the golden 6 M's of biochar are: Make, Moisturize, Micronize, Mineralize, Microbes and Maturation.

https://youtu.be/MojlKaAKeh8

• Registered Users Posts: 24,389 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I heard it was 500 a week storage, back at the suppliers warehouse.
    That's like something our local commercial print shop has,.
    Done know why they need it really, Dept Ag uses four or five commercial print shops to print herd registers etc.
    Its situated in kildare house.
    Kildare house would be responsible for printing for leinster Hse. Dept of agri is a separate entity

Base price wrote: »
    I heard on the radio yesterday evening that it can print 16,000 pages per hour. The reporter was at a commercial printing company that has one and they said the machine is designed to run 24/7/365.

To be honest that's slow compared to the printers I work on, although to be fair they're designed for a different purpose.

80,000 pages per hour would be about normal, it's about 100ft of paper a min.

wrangler wrote: »
    There was a site survey done and they were warned, you couldn't make it up really, wonder how many knee replacements would a million finance.
    Forklift or pallet truck, apparently there's a H and S issue with the forklift in the passage ways

From pictures I've seen I bet the printer fitted in the room and someone measured it and thought grand it fits. I think I read it's 6'10 tall so most ceilings would be higher, problem is a machine like that needs lots of air space around it too. Site survey should have been done by supplier and they should know what space it needs.

From pictures I've seen I bet the printer fitted in the room and someone measured it and thought grand it fits. I think I read it's 6'10 tall so most ceilings would be higher, problem is a machine like that needs lots of air space around it too. Site survey should have been done by supplier and they should know what space it needs.

They said on the News or Ivan Yates last night that they were advised by the supplier it wouldn't work

No it's designed for high output full colour graphics broachers/flyers etc, but I could sell them the perfect model for printing the tribunal reports :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,389 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

No it's designed for high output full colour graphics brothers/flyers etc, but I could sell them the perfect model for printing the tribunal reports :D

Course ya could

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The Rabbi

No it's designed for high output full colour graphics brothers/flyers etc, but I could sell them the perfect model for printing the tribunal reports :D

A secondhand piece of equipment from Andrex would suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

9 years ago today
    Snow stayed for a solid month and on Xmas eve in my area, 25 days after this pic, was a foot and a half deep :eek:
    what a month of trouble that was!

The Rabbi wrote: »
    A secondhand piece of equipment from Andrex would suit.

Ours print on the industrial sized andrex rolls :D

IBM%204100%20and%20Xerox%20850CF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭enricoh

Ours print on the industrial sized andrex rolls :D

IBM%204100%20and%20Xerox%20850CF.jpg

Might try n flog them a scanner, 495k + vat , black Friday special til 12 tonight!

BREAKING NEWS!!

Rolly toys are taking legal action against RTE after last minute decision not to allow their products be shown on tonight's toy show.
    This comes after Rolly tractors have featured on The Late Late Toy Show for the last thirty years.
    A spokesperson from RTE commented that in light of recent events in Dublin that a proactive decision was made to prevent any disruption to the Toy Show. When asked would Rolly be allowed back next year, the spokesperson declined to comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭roosterman71

BREAKING NEWS!!

Rolly toys are taking legal action against RTE after last minute decision not to allow their products be shown on tonight's toy show.
    This comes after Rolly tractors have featured on The Late Late Toy Show for the last thirty years.
    A spokesperson from RTE commented that in light of recent events in Dublin that a proactive decision was made to prevent any disruption to the Toy Show. When asked would Rolly be allowed back next year, the spokesperson declined to comment.

Is that for real?

Is that for real?

Yep.
    I think the IFA are being drawn into it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Yep.

Where ya seeing it?

ganmo wrote: »
    Where ya seeing it?

From an undisclosed source.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Yep.
    :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement