Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Any of ye settling in with the little ones to watch the Toy show. I miss having the boys about especially at times like this.

Youngest is a "international observer" on a EU marine survey somewhere on the high seas but hopes to watch it tonight if the internet signal holds. Eldest has to work (tonight our time) this morning in Melbourne but he and his mates are meeting up after work to watch it in the pub.

They grow up so fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭emaherx

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Do RTE keep Tubs in a cage and never let him out to eat?

Mortelaro wrote: »

Think there was no cutbacks in the pre show drinks department :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Mortelaro wrote: »

Late Late toyshow is bah humbug from me

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

Yep.
    I think the IFA are being drawn into it now.

Wrangler on route?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,399 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

wrangler wrote: »

Hardly surprising

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Finished chasing the walls for the kitchen. Caught a wire in the process, no sockets throughout the house till 2mora.
    Could be worse I suppose! :D

Finished chasing the walls for the kitchen. Caught a wire in the process, no sockets throughout the house till 2mora.

There's easier ways of not watching the late late.

• Advertisement

You're F&F's grumpy auld fella :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Would be worse if you were fried after it . Did it give a good bang ?
    I snipped one the last day and I thought someone fired a shot with the bang out of it .

Base price wrote: »
    You're F&F's grumpy auld fella :D

Maybe it's ryan, but it's a rubbish program

Bullocks wrote: »
    Would be worse if you were fried after it . Did it give a good bang ?
    I snipped one the last day and I thought someone fired a shot with the bang out of it .

Twould alright.
    Power was off at fusebox. So twas only after I realised.

Maybe it's ryan, but it's a rubbish program
    Naa, it's not Ryan.
    Maybe I should put up a poll :D

Sooo..

Negotiations between Wrangler and RTE are ongoing whether the tractor will be allowed onto the show.
    It doesn't look good at this stage as the parade of wheeled vehicles has finished but my source informs me a blockade may be put on the RTE carpark if the John Deere doesn't get on.

Watch this space.

There's still time folks!!

Base price wrote: »
    Naa, it's not Ryan.
    Maybe I should put up a poll :D

Unreal criticism elsewhere, perverse even,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Nanny Pat though! Good aul Leitrim folk, with our boxty, knitting and Sean nós dancing :D

NEGOTIATIONS HAVE FAILED!

NEGOTIATIONS HAVE FAILED!

The production team of the Toy Show weren't too enamoured by Wrangler's negotiating skills and threw their toys out of the pram.
    Unfortunately a pedal tractor wasn't one of those toys. Some say it was all Sharon Ni Bheolain's influence in RTE now to get away from our prehistoric farming past and to show the country in a more new age hip cultured present.

:)

(Seriously though before I started this, I had absolutely no idea this would be the first year a pedal tractor wouldn't be on the show. I started the gag after I heard Ryan's replacement on his radio show this morning Oliver Callan, do a quip about Ryan worrying about toy tractors blocking up the show.)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Nanny Pat though! Good aul Leitrim folk, with our boxty, knitting and Sean nancing :D

Was nice to see how much he just adored his nana.

I’d say it’s only maybe the third tome I’ve watched the whole show. It was a nice show, plenty of inclusion and lots of focus on kids of different backgrounds and highlights that not all kids have an easy time.

Youngest girl fell asleep during the opening song, she was furious thismorning, I’m fairness she’d been up since 5am for swimming , didn’t get to eat one sweet.

Don’t ever watch the LateLate during the year, heck I had to spend a few minutes figuring why I couldn’t get RTE, cable had been pulled out of box, recon that happened 4 months ago and nobody watched any of the saorview stations since 🙄, we don’t watch the news or weather or anything. Usually see a bit of Ireland’s Fittest Family in my mother’s house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,355 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »
    Was nice to see how much he just adored his nana.

I’d say it’s only maybe the third tome I’ve watched the whole show. It was a nice show, plenty of inclusion and lots of focus on kids of different backgrounds and highlights that not all kids have an easy time.

Youngest girl fell asleep during the opening song, she was furious thismorning, I’m fairness she’d been up since 5am for swimming , didn’t get to eat one sweet.

Don’t ever watch the LateLate during the year, heck I had to spend a few minutes figuring why I couldn’t get RTE, cable had been pulled out of box, recon that happened 4 months ago and nobody watched any of the saorview stations since 🙄, we don’t watch the news or weather or anything. Usually see a bit of Ireland’s Fittest Family in my mother’s house.

It's on way too late for kids. Should really start at 8

• Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

whelan2 wrote: »

Yup.
    It’s repeated during the week isn’t it ?

Had our 3 kids + their 2 cousins here last night only one made it till the end, steady stream is sleepy heads going to bed from 11:00.

It is on again at 2 and available now on the player, but I think the one night of staying up late is part of the appeal for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,355 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »
    Yup.
    It’s repeated during the week isn’t it ?

My youngest lad is 11 and can't stay awake past 10 pm. It will be on rte player

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

My 5yo was Adament she would stay up. I fell asleep reading stories to my 1yo and when I went to the sitting room at 9:15, she was sound asleep. I recorded it and my OH and her will watch it this evening- I couldn’t watch it.

Electrician came, restored power to sockets and gave me an sds drill to finish the walls. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I got this new digital soil pH meter today.
    Trouble is the darn thing only reads on 0.5 of a step on the scale. So it's either 6.5 or 6.0.
    Anyways out testing today it's obvious all this rain has put a hammering on soil pH.
    Last year with another tester and from soil tests I was up near the 7 with a lot of it. Now a good chunk of it is coming at 6.0 . I suppose that could still mean it's 6.4 but it's not above 6.5.

Now I know it's a bad time of year to be testing and the pH could rise with higher temperatures and an increase in soil life numbers. But anyways thats the situation at the moment.

Soil temperature was 8 Celsius, 9 near the dwelling house and worm casts are in abundance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

I got this new digital soil pH meter today.
    Trouble is the darn thing only reads on 0.5 of a step on the scale. So it's either 6.5 or 6.0.
    Anyways out testing today it's obvious all this rain has put a hammering on soil pH.
    Last year with another tester and from soil tests I was up near the 7 with a lot of it. Now a good chunk of it is coming at 6.0 . I suppose that could still mean it's 6.4 but it's not above 6.5.

Now I know it's a bad time of year to be testing and the pH could rise with higher temperatures and an increase in soil life numbers. But anyways thats the situation at the moment.

Soil temperature was 8 Celsius, 9 near the dwelling house and worm casts are in abundance.

You get the meter on amazon or where Say?

• Advertisement

You get the meter on amazon or where Say?

Yea Amazon.
    I'm not sure what to think of it though to be honest. It's a Chinese made one 4 in 1 with a yellow strip around it.

There's better one's out there with a needle or single digital readings.
    Only thing it was about €15. But still.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement