Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

tanko wrote: »
    Can you get Arden broadband in your area, good few people in my area have it and seem to be happy with it.

Just out of range sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭Grueller

Nah I wouldn't want to take your glory.

Jaysus work away Say my name. I know the square root of f all about it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

I've a tendency to over think things and probably dwell too much on every day stuff. Whether or not it's related I don't know but I'm also a hoor for having very vivid dreams ranging from the mundane to the totally ludicrous. Some of these more action packed dreams can cause me to sleep walk which disturbs the better half's beauty sleep and annoys her no end.

Last night for example she tells me I got up and woke her demanding my phone for some unknown reason before asking the time and getting back into bed. Another night she awoke to me claiming the roof was about to fall in and to get out pronto, of course she was half asleep too and didn't know whether it was a genuine emergency or just my sleep addled rantings. Seemingly my most popular stunt is to climb out across her and open the curtains usually to be met by darkness as it's still night. She's usually awake at this stage and tells me to get back into bed which I then do. Remember I have zero recollection of any of this the next morning so I'm only going on what she tells me, although I've often woken up alone in the house with the curtains open so there's obviously something to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I read the posts earlier today on the phone and since reading SMN's post about photosynthesis I cannot stop repeating the chemical equation for it and respiration over and over and over in my head. I will never forget them as they were the first chemical equations that I learned on my first week in 1st year Science class in secondary school. We (the class) were told to learn them early in the week and we were given an oral test on the Friday morning and we all failed. Our teacher told us to write each equation out 200 times and hand them in on the Monday morning.

Just out of range sadly
    Are you on a mobile router or fixed line with 3. OH is on fixed line with Vodaphone and it has become dire in the last five or six months. I've a 3 mobile router here at my place and I bring it to OH's when I'm there. It is way better than Vodaphone and I'm going to get one for him. It's 29.99 per month and unlimited within normal use/T&C's.
    If you know someone who has one maybe they could bring it to yours to try it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Grueller wrote: »

You know more than you think you do.

I know f all myself. Never did science in school. Just observations on farm and Google.
    I'm not claiming proprietorship on the subject either, far from it. I bet there's more posters here know lots on the subject but are afraid to let that inner Geek out.
    Release that Geek ... posters. :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Grueller wrote: »

Tell them come the next years budget that farmers will be paid to do nothing but let the land go back to nature, wolves will roam again and that instead of American werewolf in Paris it will be Dublin for the remake, their burgers will be made from god knows what....hormone fed something and that the chicken burgers / dippers will be from clorinated chicken from the US. If there are any vegans remind them of the air miles associated with there life style while they enjoy their cornflakes and nut milk:D:D.

Make sure if you have an up todate cv in case it doesn’t go down well:D:D:D.

Btw, best of luck with the real presentation.

Base price wrote: »
    Are you on a mobile router or fixed line with 3. OH is on fixed line with Vodaphone and it has become dire in the last five or six months. I've a 3 mobile router here at my place and I bring it to OH's when I'm there. It is way better than Vodaphone and I'm going to get one for him. It's 29.99 per month and unlimited within normal use/T&C's.
    If you know someone who has one maybe they could bring it to yours to try it out.
    On a 3 router, there’s times you turn WiFi off on the gone to look at DoneDeal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Im on 3 here but using external aerials to help the signal , have it diverted to the yards for the calving/ lambing cameras, great value for €30 / month

On a 3 router, there’s times you turn WiFi off on the gone to look at DoneDeal
    Have you checked out these -
    https://www.bonkers.ie/compare-tv-broadband-phone/providers/
    https://switcher.ie/broadband/guides/broadband-types/broadband-availability/

• Advertisement

orm0nd wrote: »
    Im on 3 here but using external aerials to help the signal , have it diverted to the yards for the calving/ lambing cameras, great value for €30 / month
    We aren't as advanced as you but does your yard system include security cameras including infrared for night time?

Thanks
    Sadly only 3 works here
    If Eir upgraded the connection in local village we’d be sorted

We aren't as advanced as you but does your yard system include security cameras including infrared for night time?

THE cams have infra red yes, not set up for recording {just monitoring}

Have meant to set up the yard 1 but never got around to it.

Thanks
    Sadly only 3 works here
    If Eir upgraded the connection in local village we’d be sorted

2 things that might help.

An outdoor aerial as I mentioned, maybe you could do checks by bringing the router outside with an extension lead and see if speeds improve.

Set the router to 3G only

orm0nd wrote: »
    2 things that might help.

An outdoor aerial as I mentioned, maybe you could do checks by bringing the router outside with an extension lead and see if speeds improve.

Set the router to 3G only

I’ll take down the laptop tonight
    Why 3G over 4G?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭emaherx

I’ll take down the laptop tonight
    Why 3G over 4G?

Everyone else probably has defaulted to 4G. 4G network may be overloaded with users while 3G network is quite, this often leads to better performance than 4G. (Not always true but worth a try) I often set mine to 3G only (when performance is poor) and I have setup router in the attic to get best signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,224 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Anyone watching the Brendan Grace programme last night. I thought it was very well done. It wasn't all about him and the real people living with dementia were very open about it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,516 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

emaherx wrote: »
    Everyone else probably has defaulted to 4G. 4G network may be overloaded with users while 3G network is quite, this often leads to better performance than 4G. (Not always true but worth a try) I often set mine to 3G only (when performance is poor) and I have setup router in the attic to get best signal.

Yea we’re forced over to 3G here all the time, although in recent months it’s becoming sketchy enough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Did anyone get the18v drill/Impact driver set in Aldi?
    Didn't myself but seen a set another lad got. FERREX. They seem very well built and good value for money for a farmer/diyer

_Brian wrote: »
    Yea we’re forced over to 3G here all the time, although in recent months it’s becoming sketchy enough too.

I feel your pain...... Or at least I did, getting FTTH installed on Friday :p

• Advertisement

Muckit wrote: »
    Didn't myself but seen a set another lad got. FERREX. They seem very well built and good value for money for a farmer/diyer

I seen somewhere claimed they are made by Positec, (Worx/Rockwell tools)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

The old boy got an impact driver in aldis for 70 squids I think it was. Seems grand for that money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭toleratethis

Most of the Aldi Lidl stuff has a 3 year warranty on it, keep the receipts in with the farm accounts. Can't go wrong for light use, anything for a job that really needs work then go a quality brand.

You lucky fella
    How did you swing that?

You lucky fella
    How did you swing that?

I live next to a school, on the map the fiber runs the whole way from town and stops at the school, I'd imagine they were the priority and not me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

*searches for cards*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭148multi

Got the 20v impact driver from lidl, great job, will keep up to a similar dewalt, but batteries only lasts less than half of the time. It gets plenty of work. Got 3 socket drives 1/2, 3/8 and 1/4, very handy changing wheel, just crack stud and away you go.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

You not come across the le chameu/schoffel clones before then?! LUCKY BUGGER.
    Must be a good sign you dont buy the agri industry sales rep/land agent/input sales types too many dinners.

Fortunately I'm not mixing in those upper echelon circles these days.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Odelay

The Irish ladies team are doing very well. 2-0 after 30mins. The girl taking the side line throws is impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Will this Euromillions ever be won??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement