Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

I gave her the ring and she gave me the finger...:D

You make it sound so durrrrty:-)

Best of good luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭kk.man

Detective Clusoe here out for a drive around with his Geiger counter.

It's one way to put the frights up ye.

I'm living in a good area. But in an area that people have been getting cancer in, it went up. Then there was one river coming off a granite mountain that was up around
    0.26 uSv/h. All along this stream and river it was high and you'd notice the counter going up when driving over a bridge on this river.

And this is natural radiation from dissolving granite.
    In the same vein, Aberdeen in Scotland is supposed to be the most radioactive city in the UK due to all the granite buildings.

I have loads of granite here not in the land but the buildings. I love it but this puts another prospective on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

kk.man wrote: »
    I have loads of granite here not in the land but the buildings. I love it but this puts another prospective on it!

There was even people concerned about granite worktops in kitchens at one time.

Ah it has to depend on the granite and if there's any radium in it. Granite is not one exact formula and ratio of minerals in all of it. It's like all rock it varies even between cm's of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

I gave her the ring and she gave me the finger... Great excitement around the place for Christmas :D

Congratulations, LC! All ahead of ya!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Congrats to you both LC.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Congratulations and the best of luck as you set sail on a life together.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 29,107 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Another attempted atm robbery today at the bank I use in Ardee. They didn't get the machine. Road closed into and out of the town. I'd say it will be crazy there in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭148multi

whelan2 wrote: »
    Another attempted atm robbery today at the bank I use in Ardee. They didn't get the machine. Road closed into and out of the town. I'd say it will be crazy there in a while

Would it be someone local, with a fondness for early mornings 🙄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭toleratethis

There was even people concerned about granite worktops in kitchens at one time.

Ah it has to depend on the granite and if there's any radium in it. Granite is not one exact formula and ratio of minerals in all of it. It's like all rock it varies even between cm's of it.

Radon gas was a big thing I remember when I was at school in the 80's, it was all the talk of the area. Since then, any houses built must have a radon barrier to stop it getting up into the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,133 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I think it's Buildings Regs around mid 90s insisted on a radon barrier. Any house built before that should get it tested. A good few cancer deaths are attributed to it, annually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I see the Ardlea and Elite pedigree limousin herd will be dispersed on farm, 15 august 2020. It's on the Limousin society journal, just in the door.
    It doesn't say if it's the entire herd.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-deal-latest-chlorinated-chicken-us-trade-deal-trump-a9255761.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1576924661

Defending the poorer standards of American food imports already.

They seem intent on a trade deal allowing US food into the U.K.

Be very hard for Ireland to compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

_Brian wrote: »
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-deal-latest-chlorinated-chicken-us-trade-deal-trump-a9255761.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1576924661

Defending the poorer standards of American food imports already.

They seem intent on a trade deal allowing US food into the U.K.

Be very hard for Ireland to compete.

The Tories have also rowed back yesterday on promises to protect foriegn workers rights after Brexit - the electorate over there are going to find out fast what living in Trumpland is really like!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

I gave her the ring and she gave me the finger... Great excitement around the place for Christmas :D

Congrats LC. The very best of luck in the next chapter of life:D

What's the going rate for a babysitter. Daughter will be babysitting 2 kids age 3 and 5 for 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Good man LC. All the best.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Thought for the day..

Use of €100 words doesn't make for a €100 discussion.
    Using €1 words will get you further if you actually make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Thought for the day..

That's like something I'd get in a fortune cookie :P

That's like something I'd get in a fortune cookie :P

What's a fortune cookie?

We'll have none of that blasphemy in this country.
    A shiny caravan with Madame Lee on the side is what does us. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Thought for the day..

Ah 2 sides, plenty of people worked up the ladders with fancy dress and fancy words, but with out a simple grasp, almost all thoughts and quotes can be adjusted to make sense in the opposite way, me personally hate quotes for that reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Just witnessed the saddest funeral locally,I've experienced in my lifetime, a 30 year old lady brutally slain in her own home in front of her 6 year old child
    The Lady's father was in my class in secondary school
    How anyone can do this is beyond me
    Be thankful for your family and the people you're fond of around you and let's pray that you never ever have to deal with what that family has been and are going through
    May her kind soul rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

What's the going rate for a babysitter. Daughter will be babysitting 2 kids age 3 and 5 for 2 hours.

I'd say min of €20. After that it would be min wage or slightly less as it's cash. 7- 10/hr depending on how easy a run, there's a difference between watching telly for a few hours whole they sleep than changing nappies and feeding them suppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Lovely - Nenagh Christmas Tractor lights 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yITGDMSVi5s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Congrats Limestone. Great time to get married.

May you be happy and healthy.

Looked a good show on the news

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Odelay

Did someone nail a ford 2000 onto a front linkage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Ballinrobe - Their 4th Year - some display of tractors here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRo2Lc_AIvY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Looked a good show on the news

Ooir choice using that young lad for charity run

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Happy Winter Solstice everyone.
    It won't be long now till we notice a bit of a stretch in the evenings :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Chris Kavanagh - The legend of Luke Kelly

If ever you get a chance to see this fella in concert - Take it.

Brilliant music - put the hairs up on the back of yer neck - nearly as good as Luke himself. Highly recommended

https://www.facebook.com/PeterODohertyPhotos/videos/2289015631379851/UzpfSTEyNzQxNTI0NzMyNzk4MjoyNTkyNzQ4Mjk3NDYxMzE5/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement