Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

grassroot1 wrote: »
    too late lad the pension is what you want!

Pension is still available. Just need to get the right job

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Where do you even see these jobs?

Public jobs.ie and go onto the local county council website every friday for new jobs posted

• Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Just back from a Santa 🎅 visit at Causey Farm outside Kells, It’s a serious slick operation.
    Now that’s a profitable farm enterprise if ya had the cahoonas to go for it !!

The Santa was the best I’ve seen without exception, a real beard and a great way with kids, proper natural.

We were there maybe 8years ago and it’s come on allot since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,104 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Santas cottage up north was the best Santa experience here. Causey farm is great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

_Brian wrote: »
    Just back from a Santa 🎅 visit at Causey Farm outside Kells, It’s a serious slick operation.

The Santa was the best I’ve seen without exception, a real beard and a great way with kids, proper natural.

Good to hear
    We’re there tomorrow
    Is it hard found?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

I thought yours would be a bit old for Santa now Brian?

Or were you just there by yourself? :)

I thought yours would be a bit old for Santa now Brian?

Or were you just there by yourself? :)

Yea
    Youngest is 11, we went with other family too.

Hey, I got to shake the big fella’s hand too.

Good to hear
    We’re there tomorrow
    Is it hard found?

Not at all.
    Good auld google maps.

Was black dark and lashing rain, didn’t notice any signposts but we came across back road from having dinner in Silver Tankard beforehand.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Santas cottage up north was the best Santa experience here. Causey farm is great too.

We were there last year, very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Was there myself at 4pm today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Not at all.
    Good auld google maps.

Was black dark and lashing rain, didn’t notice any signposts but we came across back road from having dinner in Silver Tankard beforehand.

Was thinking of google maps but the odd time it can go awol

Going to stop for dinner in Riverfront on the way
    Should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I found these dinky little donkey milk soaps in a shop in Carrick on Shannon today. Locally (to me) made in Fenagh & not crazy expensive, they could be a nice last minute gift for the missus in your life, or yourself either, I doubt ye are fussy :D
    Can confirm they smell amazing & I used one of the sheep ones earlier, which left my hands feeling softer than usual so all looking good so far.

http://12quailfarm.com/soapstudio/base/donkey-milk/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I found these dinky little donkey milk soaps in a shop in Carrick on Shannon today. Locally (to me) made in Fenagh & not crazy expensive, they could be a nice last minute gift for the missus in your life, or yourself either, I doubt ye are fussy :D
    Can confirm they smell amazing & I used one of the sheep ones earlier, which left my hands feeling softer than usual so all looking good so far.

http://12quailfarm.com/soapstudio/base/donkey-milk/

Again interesting story of diversification there. Quail eggs and soaps. Though to be fair I dont think I'd want to be milking donkies. They're fiesty wee buggers when they want to be :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

gozunda wrote: »
    Again intersting story of diversification there. Quail eggs and soaps. Though to be fair I dont think I'd want to be milking donkies. They're fiesty wee buggers when they want to be :p

Soaps seem to be doing well though! I dunno where in fenagh they're based, would be interesting to watch the milking alright :D
    Sure when we're using them for L/U we're as well find another way to diversify with them.

Interesting post over in Weather forum by the resident expert MT regarding climate change theories including his own position, which I would see as being a very sensible position.

https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112063159#

Interesting post over in Weather forum by the resident expert MT regarding climate change theories including his own position, which I would see as being a very sensible position.

https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112063159#

An interesting read. Notably the weather forum which had many experienced weather posters has significantly less screaming about the end of civilisation etc than some of the climate related threads elsewhere.

Whatever someones opinion on the topic might be - the issue has certainly become weaponized in the massmedia and elsewhere.

On social media - its little better. We had one poster suggesting this . Read on down for the cracker. And I dont think they were joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,078 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

New toy.

20191220-104304.jpg

20191220-104513.jpg

20191220-104639.jpg

20191220-104805.jpg

The things you'd be wondering about when opening a bale of silage..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

New toy.

20191220-104304.jpg

20191220-104513.jpg

20191220-104639.jpg

20191220-104805.jpg

The things you'd be wondering about when opening a bale of silage..

The chef of the house(if not you) mightn't like it but, be interesting to prod different batches of same brand ham etc for varying nitrates content with the silvery shine some has

The chef of the house(if not you) mightn't like it but, be interesting to prod different batches of same brand ham etc for varying nitrates content with the silvery shine some has

I'll try it anyway.

I mostly bought it to test dirty water and the Geiger counter was the bonus.
    I probably better test any meat first though before sticking it in cow's faeceas and urine.:D

Many of us will relate to much of this tale from Seamus.

https://www.facebook.com/100001412817525/posts/2752309664826100/?d=n

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Just had 2 gentleman of the non fixed abode status call in with a number of dogs. Had to laugh, crossed a waist high river in their hurry to get away.

Fat lads can run fair quick with full welies with a dog and farmer after them...

Just had 2 gentleman of the non fixed abode status call in with a number of dogs. Had to laugh, crossed a waist high river in their hurry to get away.

Fat lads can run fair quick with full welies with a dog and farmer after them...

:D

Detective Clusoe here out for a drive around with his Geiger counter.

It's one way to put the frights up ye.

I'm living in a good area. But in an area that people have been getting cancer in, it went up. Then there was one river coming off a granite mountain that was up around
    0.26 uSv/h. All along this stream and river it was high and you'd notice the counter going up when driving over a bridge on this river.

And this is natural radiation from dissolving granite.
    In the same vein, Aberdeen in Scotland is supposed to be the most radioactive city in the UK due to all the granite buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭148multi

Detective Clusoe here out for a drive around with his Geiger counter.

It's one way to put the frights up ye.

I'm living in a good area. But in an area that people have been getting cancer in, it went up. Then there was one river coming off a granite mountain that was up around
    0.26 uSv/h. All along this stream and river it was high and you'd notice the counter going up when driving over a bridge on this river.

And this is natural radiation from dissolving granite.
    In the same vein, Aberdeen in Scotland is supposed to be the most radioactive city in the UK due to all the granite buildings.

Devon and Cornwell have twice the lung cancer rates of rest of the UK, they have large deposits of granite as well.

Having a family card night tonight. It’s something we do every Christmas, we get in a few prizes and there’s a few euro on the side too.

Between kids grown up and few family who have been banished it isn’t as big as it once was, we would have near 40 guests at one stage.

Probably 20 tonight, few beers, some food and plenty games of 25.

148multi wrote: »
    Devon and Cornwell have twice the lung cancer rates of rest of the UK, they have large deposits of granite as well.

It's something you'd never really think about. The water connection just never came into my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

I gave her the ring and she gave me the finger... Great excitement around the place for Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭Grueller

I gave her the ring and she gave me the finger... Great excitement around the place for Christmas :D

Fair play. Limestone cowgirl found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Congratulations. Long life and happiness and a Christmas to remember for you both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Your ****ed now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement