Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,201 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    I got not 1, but 2 new pairs of wellies. which will I wear first, the Berkinis or the puroforts! decisions decisions 🀔🀔🀔

I got a pair of bekinas a few weeks ago, always wore puroforts. They are a bit heavier to wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

whelan2 wrote: »
    Anyone get anything good for Christmas? We got a stereo for the landcruiser between us. No stereo for a year in it.

Accidentally got a new job :pac: Should be fun, a lot of work but fun. If I keep saying that it may come true!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Accidentally got a new job :pac: Should be fun, a lot of work but fun. If I keep saying that it may come true!

Are you running in the 1.10 in Tramore on new years day?

Are you running in the 1.10 in Tramore on new years day?

How did you guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

How did you guess!

Well your name popped up as a non runner today in Limerick. So a bit of further googling threw up Tramore.
    Apparently you were in season today. :pac: ;):D

;)

• Advertisement

Well your name popped up as a non runner today in Limerick. So a bit of further googling threw up Tramore.
    Apparently you were in season today. :pac: ;):D

;)

My cover is broke :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Struggling to go to bed, Fleetwood Mac documentaries on BBC4 all evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I’ve been watching them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I got not 1, but 2 new pairs of wellies. which will I wear first, the Berkinis or the puroforts! decisions decisions 🀔🀔🀔

Ah there ya are. I was thinking you got lost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

I hope they gave you the receipts as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I put in a late night about a week ago watching a documentary on Leonard Cohen and his life on the Greek island of Hydra. Some serious good stuff on that BBC 4 late at night. A lot of it music related.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

whelan2 wrote: »
    Anyone get anything good for Christmas? We got a stereo for the landcruiser between us. No stereo for a year in it.

I got picture and no sound off the wife- does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Jb1989

I got picture and no sound off the wife- does that count?

Any acceptable reason for her mood swing? That carryon would want to be cleared up very lively, life too short for hassle.

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Any acceptable reason for her mood swing? That carryon would want to be cleared up very lively, life too short for hassle.

I went to a table quiz and came home at 2am- she said I was too loud coming in. She’s in bed now and I’m minding the lads. No cattle checked or fed yet.

First time I was out in months. I was given two tickets for the rugby last night and I won’t go- easier not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Odelay

I went to a table quiz and came home at 2am- she said I was too loud coming in. She’s in bed now and I’m minding the lads. No cattle checked or fed yet.

First time I was out in months. I was given two tickets for the rugby last night and I won’t go- easier not to.

Go to the rugby!

Don't let that drag on, I imagine it will only get worse, get boundaries layed, even from help of an outside source

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Odelay wrote: »
    Go to the rugby!

And if you're too loud coming in stay out all night

:P

I reckon she wants to drink at wedding on NYE even though it’s my turn.

She has her wrist hurt- she won’t go to dr or take anything for it and that’s really the reason she is contrary.

Getting it with every barrel today. The mother is in foul form so she decided to go to tipp in the electric car with the contrary sister- drove car to its limits and had to charge so added an hour to the trip- will have to deal with the fall out of that too.

Definitely no rugby for me- they’ll play again.

I reckon she wants to drink at wedding on NYE even though it’s my turn.

She has her wrist hurt- she won’t go to dr or take anything for it and that’s really the reason she is contrary.

Getting it with every barrel today. The mother is in foul form so she decided to go to tipp in the electric car with the contrary sister- drove car to its limits and had to charge so added an hour to the trip- will have to deal with the fall out of that too.

Definitely no rugby for me- they’ll play again.

Very difficult women around you unfortunately, you defo need time with your self or a few men.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭Grueller

Go to the match. Keep lying down and you will be seen as a doormat. I realised that in a previous relationship and it led to a serious row and a break up when I stood up because it was such a shock. I may have handled it poorly though, I let it fester and then blew and ran her rather than talking. Looking at the poor divil she is married to now it wasnt a bad days work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Just been round to an elderly neighbour who has become addicted to drinking brake fluid. He won't admit that it's a problem, he says he could stop anytime .

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭emaherx

Ah crap

49287102438_143c6d6042_c.jpgIMG_20191228_121551 by Emaherx, on Flickr

49287102223_a42672250d_c.jpgIMG_20191228_121633 by Emaherx, on Flickr

49287102203_d49a58317b_c.jpgIMG_20191228_121603 by Emaherx, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Odelay

At least the twine held :0

• Registered Users Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭tanko

I can't think of a more satisfying job on a farm than cutting the ivy at the butt of trees like those.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭visatorro

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Don't let that drag on, I imagine it will only get worse, get boundaries layed, even from help of an outside source

That advice goes for anyone in a relationship they aren't happy In. Man or woman. It takes bravery to stand up to someone. It's not straight forward for alot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

emaherx wrote: »
    Ah crap

Did it crack the old stone pillar as well Emaherx?

Did it crack the old stone pillar as well Emaherx?

Not cracked, completely obliterated it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Feck it, they‘re fierce nice looking...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Could you get both ends drilled out and put in steel pins to hold it together with some sort of resin to camouflage where they join.
    Awful pity as they really are lovely pillars.

• Advertisement

Base price wrote: »
    Could you get both ends drilled out and put in steel pins to hold it together with some sort of resin to camouflage where they join.
    Awful pity as they really are lovely pillars.

Pillar is in 3 sections, bottom section looks ok as dose top, middle part shattered in several pieces, so I guess I could make a concrete mold of middle section and then try and reassemble.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement