Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

That's a really good idea. I normally batch cook & freeze, then forget what's in the freezer & buy more stuff to batch cook :D:pac:

Same.
    I took out a lasagna we had made and froze, turned out it was an apple crumble, sweet 😁

Peeling plastic wrap of bales in the dark in what feels like hurricane wind and rain is no fun.
    Slapped in the face with wet dirty plastic for my efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,104 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

After 14 years we had our last primary school Christmas play tonight. End of an era

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭Grueller

whelan2 wrote: »
    After 14 years we had our last primary school Christmas play tonight. End of an era

Our eldest has her last Carol service tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Odelay

Ah sure you never know what surprise Christmas will bring.

• Advertisement

Yup.
    We had our last one yesterday.

Odelay wrote: »

Em , no thanks

Em , no thanks

For some of us the word “miracle” would be more apt, but hey, it’s Christmas so who knows ?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

I relented and applied for a public service jobs today. You'll be delighted Wrangler. Ive half my working life in the private sector... time to freewheel the 2nd half of my working life in the public sector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I relented and applied for a public service jobs today. You'll be delighted Wrangler. Ive half my working life in the private sector... time to freewheel the 2nd half of my working life in the public sector.

Best of luck with it, I was tempted myself to go for a contract position a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,059 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

A great choice, a friend has just done it, she left Centre Parc in Longford, some difference in the workload.
    I still claim it's not sustainable, but when has that stopped this country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭visatorro

Odelay wrote: »

Heard of a couple who had surprise twins at 49! Other kids are in theirs 20s

visatorro wrote: »
    Heard of a couple who had surprise twins at 49! Other kids are in theirs 20s

Oh could you imagine being 70 at their 21st...

Best of luck with it, I was tempted myself to go for a contract position a few weeks ago.

I doubt I'd take the position even if i am offered it, but i just want to get a feel for applying for jobs again. I'm nearly 10 years in my current one.

wrangler wrote: »
    A great choice, a friend has just done it, she left Centre Parc in Longford, some difference in the workload.
    I still claim it's not sustainable, but when has that stopped this country

I fully intend to get in to the public service in the next 18 months, it'll allow me to tip away farming and have a regular wage. Set hours and loads of holidays, and 10 mins from door to door. Just applied for this on a whim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

_Brian wrote: »
    Peeling plastic wrap of bales in the dark in what feels like hurricane wind and rain is no fun.
    Slapped in the face with wet dirty plastic for my efforts.

God help ya with yer plastic. Got a belt of 4x2 under the left eye this morning. It swelled up straight away its bloody soreand now to top it all I have a fine black eye. Lovely thing to be sporting for the Christmas Day mass. Hope it'll clear up by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snowfire

Looking forward to my little “angels” first nativity play on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Snowfire wrote: »
    Looking forward to my little “angels” first nativity play on Friday

I prefer the term terrorists myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Reggie. wrote: »
    I prefer the term terrorists myself

Terrorists will talk to you.

Teenagers not so much:D

• Advertisement

Terrorists will talk to you.

Teenagers not so much:D

Just turn off the wifi, they wont be long talking

Just turn off the wifi, they wont be long talking

The nuclear deterrent 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I fully intend to get in to the public service in the next 18 months, it'll allow me to tip away farming and have a regular wage. Set hours and loads of holidays, and 10 mins from door to door. Just applied for this on a whim.

Where do you even see these jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

Where do you even see these jobs?

Publicjobs .ie is a start

https://publicjobs.ie/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I applied for one job but instead got suggested to apply for a CS role by the recruiter...hoping to hear back before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Second last one here daughter was the blessed virgin wearing her brother duvet cover as a robe. Not the fecking inn keeper this time!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

too late lad the pension is what you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

ganmo wrote: »
    I applied for one job but instead got suggested to apply for a CS role by the recruiter...hoping to hear back before Christmas

Whats a CS role?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Whats a CS role?

The civil service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Whats a CS role?

Civil service

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement