Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nora Quoirin. [Read mod note in post #1 - updated 14/08]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Feets

Eddie B wrote: »
    Just think about it. IF there was foul play involved, and IF the body was moved to that location. Firstly, it would take a number of people to get it there, and secondly, why would anyone feel the need to move it that far into the undergrowth?

A cynical person might say she was found due to the reward money being offered. If the area had been searched and she later showed up in a previously searched area, the reward might have made that possible. Simon Coveney said on the radio that there were further developments bit he was not saying what they were. i.e. a crime scene theory etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭This is it

Poor girl, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

All the speculating about whether the poor girl was clothed/unclothed and other insinuations are inappropriate and not really necessary.

She has been found now, and the full details of what happened here will be revealed in time, it really doesn't cal for speculation imo, she has extended family members in Ireland who might very well be reading these unnecessary speculativ posts.

It's the ending no one wanted and we all dreaded.

Rest in peace Nora.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I don't like the speculation in here. We don't know what happened to her. Let the police do their work and we'll know more when we hear about it.

Awful news to be honest. I really feel for the family but I am glad that they found her and can bring her home.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Reminder - please stop the speculation. There is a grieving family involved who have just identified the body of their missing daughter. Please be respectful.

All we know are the facts as reported. As more facts come into the public domain, they can be discussed here, but anything else will be removed.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Oh dear. I just heard this just now on the news. It's good that her body was found but I would have to liked her to not go through being found by a tragic death. Her family have endured a recurring nightmare for trying to find their daughter through that forest in Malaysia after what was supposed to be an enjoyable holiday. They now have a difficult period in trying to fly her home for her funeral. I hope they get all the support they need during that process from those that love them.

RIP Nora. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,390 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Oh dear. I just heard this just now on the news. It's good that her body was found but I would have to liked her to not go through being found by a tragic death. Her family have endured a recurring nightmare for trying to find their daughter through that forest in Malaysia after what was supposed to be an enjoyable holiday. They now have a difficult period in trying to fly her home for her funeral. I hope they get all the support they need during that process from those that love them.

RIP Nora. :(

We should be thankful she was found at all though. The nightmare scenario would be that she was never found and nobody knows what happened to her. But it's horrendous for her poor family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭derossi

Terrible news. Bar finding her alive it is sadly the next thing a missing person families need. I hope the young girl didn't suffer and that her family can now grieve for their loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭screamer

Poor family. <snip>
    Rip tragic Nora a special child now a special angel. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

RIP Nora...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

just because she was in a previously searched area doesn't mean she wasn't there all along. loads of cases have had that happen, it can be very easy to miss a body in the brush, case I read about before a body wrapped in a blanket under a bush right next to a road was undiscovered for months until a dog went near it on a walk. in that case the woman wasn't reported missing and was a bit of a drifter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

This is just so terribly sad. One can’t help but be mystified as to how it led to this. I do hope for her family’s sake that it is an innocent albeit tragic event rather than the little girl being harmed in any way.

RIP Nora and heartfelt condolences to her family, extended family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

just because she was in a previously searched area doesn't mean she wasn't there all along. loads of cases have had that happen, it can be very easy to miss a body in the brush, case I read about before a body wrapped in a blanket under a bush right next to a road was undiscovered for months until a dog went near it on a walk. in that case the woman wasn't reported missing and was a bit of a drifter.

True, very thick jungle and pitch black at night.

https://www.google.com/maps/@2.8004916,102.0135966,779m/data=!3m1!1e3

RIP Nora, terrible tradegy for all her family, friends and realitives

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Yes that happens - bones turn up in ditches and woods years afterwards sometimes. People that were sadly never missed.

But the case here is different, she was missed - with a sustained search for over a week. 1½ miles is no great distance, particularly if as mentioned above a track or road went a good part of that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Yes that happens - bones turn up in ditches and woods years afterwards sometimes. People that were sadly never missed.

But the case here is different, she was missed - with a sustained search for over a week. 1½ miles is no great distance, particularly if as mentioned above a track or road went a good part of that way.

Seems a real shame that the Malaysian Coppers didn't give you a bell and ask you to lead the search.

Maybe next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭N365

<snip>

Please see the warnings. There really is no need to bring this sort of stuff up at this time

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭N365

N365 wrote: »
    <snip>

Please see the warnings. There really is no need to bring this sort of stuff up at this time

Didn’t see the warnings but I understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Devastated at the news about Nora. Had so wished for a happy outcome. Thoughts, prayers and strength to the family of Nora. R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

A thread I have been watching but avoiding a little also. Very sad to hear, my heart goes out to her family.

Worst nightmare for a parent with special needs, from the day you find out they aren't like everyone else your main job is to protect them and something like this no matter how it happens will be weighing on them.

I don't know what I would do, I can only hope the find some solace in being able to put her to rest and not having her just disappear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

I’m hoping it’s not a crime scene Rip Nora

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

BarryD2 wrote: »

well if you think something happened other than her being there the whole time or most of the time the area was being searched I'm not going to bother explaining why that's extremely unlikely, it should be obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

With all due respect don’t you think the family will regret that holiday for the rest of their days? Do you have to put the boot in in regards to a family most of us won’t recall in ten years time. They did nothing wrong and are not to blame

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

The resort is an hour away from Kuala Lumpur. A city that makes Dublin look like a hillbilly village. Nora was hardly in an unsuitable place ffs.

It's just a tragic event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Seeing as she was found so close to where she disappeared from, I presume it's possible she heard the recording of her mother's voice that they were playing while searching for her. Hopefully that gave her some peace and comfort in the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

It didn't take long for all the brainless idiots to come visit this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Regarding it being a strange choice to bring a special needs child to, my own view is that the family themselves are best placed to decide on if it was suitable or not. They knew Nora best of all. Each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Rip Nora.

There's video of the family arriving to identify her body. All you see is a dozen flashes from cameras. Really makes you think how much the media are ghouls.
    At peoples lowpoints paparazzi's are trying to get a photo to sell >> so newspapers and online newswebsites can sell adverts through their stories.

who cares about their emotional pain - when there's money to be made, right? It's wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The result of the post-mortem is expected approx 3pm local time (I think that's about 11am here)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    The result of the post-mortem is expected approx 3pm local time (I think that's about 11am here)

It was about an hour and a half ago our time, they are +8 hours

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

It was about an hour and a half ago our time, they are +8 hours

Oh right, 3pm must be their local time so, Newstalk site. Read that wrong.

Advertisement