Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2019 Stage 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

That seems very soon to be honest, may get cracking with the fitness so!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Whitsundays93

Lads I'm in Batch 2, and worried about fitness coming up so soon. I strained my shoulder last week been told to keep weight off it (ie no push ups, and cant train for push pull either) for the next few weeks or so, if i get a date soon enough would i be able to defer with a doctors note?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cornflakes132

SquireD wrote: »
    That seems very soon to be honest, may get cracking with the fitness so!

When did you have your interview? Do you have a date for the pct yet?

Just trying to gauge a timeframe as my interviews on Tuesday

When did you have your interview? Do you have a date for the pct yet?

Just trying to gauge a timeframe as my interviews on Tuesday

Had my interview on 17th Sep and had results on 2nd October.

No haven't got a date for the PCT yet. Sent off Form B on Monday so I'm waiting on them to send the GP clearance form now and then I'd imagine I'll get a date for the PCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Had my interview on 17th Sep and had results on 2nd October.

No haven't got a date for the PCT yet. Sent off Form B on Monday so I'm waiting on them to send the GP clearance form now and then I'd imagine I'll get a date for the PCT.

I got my gp clearance form this morning, check your emails

• Advertisement

Just checked, nothing there yet...When did you send back Form B?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 S84

Had my interview on Sept 17th also so I'm group 2. Form b send back earlier this week (for second time after having to make some edits on first one) no gp clearance email yet either ! Started my bleep test training at home it ain't as easy as it looks and I'm fit enough!

S84 wrote: »
    Had my interview on Sept 17th also so I'm group 2. Form b send back earlier this week (for second time after having to make some edits on first one) no gp clearance email yet either ! Started my bleep test training at home it ain't as easy as it looks and I'm fit enough!

Fair play, what app did you use do you mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Just checked, nothing there yet...When did you send back Form B?

I sent it last Friday, but had to clarify something for them and sent it back complete on monday

AF96DUB wrote: »
    I sent it last Friday, but had to clarify something for them and sent it back complete on monday

Oh right, should hopefully receive something today then...What OOM were you from the Interview?

• Advertisement

Fair play, what app did you use do you mind me asking?

Its just called beep test, its set up as 20meters aswell so dead handy, the pass rate for my age is 8.1 and I scored 7.9 on my first attempt, so I'll keep at it every night and I should be well over 8.1

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sille93

Have they started to call up to the 700's yet for the interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shigeru

Sille93 wrote: »
    Have they started to call up to the 700's yet for the interviews?

No but the 700's should be contacted in the first week of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Whitsundays93

Are girls definetely allowed to do push ups on their knees in the PCT?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 4572h

Hi just wondering does anyone have an idea when the result would be out from the last batch of interviews?

Anyone in group 2 recieve gp clearance form yet ? Checking my emails like a mad man still nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fahy1996

4572h wrote: »
    Hi just wondering does anyone have an idea when the result would be out from the last batch of interviews?

Also wondering this, may ring PAS today

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

S84 wrote: »
    Anyone in group 2 recieve gp clearance form yet ? Checking my emails like a mad man still nothing!

Same here nothing. Do you get the clearance once the form B is all sorted or is it just part of this phase?

Fahy1996 wrote: »
    Also wondering this, may ring PAS today

Still waiting as well and was in the 2nd batch too! :confused:

Did you ring PAS?

• Advertisement

AD07 wrote: »
    Same here nothing. Do you get the clearance once the form B is all sorted or is it just part of this phase?

From my understanding, once you have sent in Form B and while that's getting sorted, your next step is getting the GP clearance form completed and sent back. Following this, you get invited for the PCT and Medical.
    Then there's the interviews with the local Sergeant and Super I but i don't know if this is during or after the vetting stage?

However, I stand to be corrected on the above.

AD07 wrote: »

Not 100% but I sent back the second draft of my form B a week ago and still nothing, just wondered had anyone got one so I knew it was on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Michael2020

Have my interview tomorrow, anyone have it today ? Any tips ? Thanks

Just a quick question about form b, I haven’t received it yet but I’ve been reading about it. it is just myself and my father that are in Ireland I do have family in England but I haven’t had any contact with them for several years in fact I’ve never even met my mother I’m just wondering how do explain this, do I even bother mentioning them. Do I just write down that I have had no contact? I have a half brother and two half sisters but I don’t even know their last names

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

Just a quick question about form b, I haven’t received it yet but I’ve been reading about it. it is just myself and my father that are in Ireland I do have family in England but I haven’t had any contact with them for several years in fact I’ve never even met my mother I’m just wondering how do explain this, do I even bother mentioning them. Do I just write down that I have had no contact? I have a half brother and two half sisters but I don’t even know their last names

Thanks

Unfortunately if both your parents are on your birth cert, you will have to find out the information! same thing happened to me!

sazxox wrote: »
    Unfortunately if both your parents are on your birth cert, you will have to find out the information! same thing happened to me!

A bit of investigation is in order so:) thanks

I wouldn’t imagine the half siblings would be important enough to mention?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

you have to get them too unfort! and there full parents so you have to get their mam and dad's details.. its a right pain tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MrDave21

Ha! They ask everything, including half siblings AND parents of half siblings!! So definitely gonna be an investigation

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Edsjd

Any idea of when the results are going to be out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 MrDave21

Edsjd wrote: »
    Any idea of when the results are going to be out?
    Took roughly two weeks for me. The Tuesday or Wednesday after the last interview of the batch I think.

Advertisement