Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

IONITY - charging / fees / tips

Options
17810121342

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭innrain


    innrain wrote: »
    Just passed by the Kill westbound. Heavy rain but I saw few workers around the chargers. Also the chargers have the halo mounted on. Fingers crossed.
    On the eastbound there was an ABB van parked in front of the chargers but no movement. Pissing rain though.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus


    innrain wrote: »
    On the eastbound there was an ABB van parked in front of the chargers but no movement. Pissing rain though.

    We appreciate your dedication and your live reporting from the scene! :D

    Once I can get back to visiting friends in Dublin, this Ionity location will be my go-to.


  • Registered Users Posts: 21,768 ✭✭✭✭ELM327


    Yeah, same, once they keep up the maingau pricing that is


  • Registered Users Posts: 31,052 ✭✭✭✭Lumen


    Gorey out of action, and just got gazumped at the ESB 50kW charger. Fffff.


  • Registered Users Posts: 21,768 ✭✭✭✭ELM327


    How do you get "gazumped".


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,936 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus


    Lumen wrote: »
    Gorey out of action, and just got gazumped at the ESB 50kW charger. Fffff.

    Does this happen often IONITY chargers being offline ?


  • Registered Users Posts: 21,768 ✭✭✭✭ELM327


    Cyrus wrote: »
    Does this happen often IONITY chargers being offline ?
    No. I've never seen it and I use them (especially that Gorey one) a lot


  • Registered Users Posts: 31,052 ✭✭✭✭Lumen


    ELM327 wrote: »
    How do you get "gazumped".
    Parked at the charger trying to get the ****ty ESB app to work, someone pulls up on the next space and plugs in.


  • Registered Users Posts: 31,052 ✭✭✭✭Lumen


    ELM327 wrote: »
    No. I've never seen it and I use them (especially that Gorey one) a lot

    Me neither! I've come to rely on them being... reliable :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover


    Lumen wrote: »
    Parked at the charger trying to get the ****ty ESB app to work, someone pulls up on the next space and plugs in.

    ouch!


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,768 ✭✭✭✭ELM327


    Lumen wrote: »
    Parked at the charger trying to get the ****ty ESB app to work, someone pulls up on the next space and plugs in.
    Ah. Yes I'd always suggest getting out and plugging in first.
    The app will work after that, it does for me anyway.


    If you plug in CCS you can just get back in the car and start the charge from the app, whereas with chademo you need to press start on the charger too.


  • Registered Users Posts: 31,052 ✭✭✭✭Lumen


    ELM327 wrote: »
    Ah. Yes I'd always suggest getting out and plugging in first.

    But the app said "swipe and charge". :D
    ELM327 wrote: »
    If you plug in CCS you can just get back in the car and start the charge from the app, whereas with chademo you need to press start on the charger too.

    Splendid, good to know!


  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk


    slave1 wrote: »
    Service takes place here so should be Irish VAT but that's just an opinion, VAT accounting very specialised

    Yeah vat accounting is complicated,

    There is a threshold value before you have to charge Irish vat if selling into the country, otherwise you can just charge your home country's VAT (unless the customer is vat registered, then no vat is paid.)


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow


    graememk wrote: »
    Yeah vat accounting is complicated,

    There is a threshold value before you have to charge Irish vat if selling into the country, otherwise you can just charge your home country's VAT (unless the customer is vat registered, then no vat is paid.)

    Was just about to post the same. They have to exceed a certain annual turnover in Ireland before they are forced to get an irish VAT number. Until then their local VAT applies.

    Books from Amazon once upon a time were VAT free ( no VAT on books in the UK ). Obviously Amazon has way too much turnover, so that did not last.

    /M


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭kanuseeme


    VAT rules for gas,electric and TV/internet type of stuff are according to the country where they are being consumed.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow


    kanuseeme wrote: »
    VAT rules for gas,electric and TV/internet type of stuff are according to the country where they are being consumed.

    Also that .. doesn't work quite that way. That's for fixed installations.

    Cars (electric ones) and mobile phones could be in one country one day, then in another the other day or a few hours later. And you still pay your bill in the country, where you have subscribed, not where you consume.

    /M


  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk


    kanuseeme wrote: »
    VAT rules for gas,electric and TV/internet type of stuff are according to the country where they are being consumed.

    Yeah, but with the likes of maingu, using a roaming network ionity, so maingu is the customer, to ionity .... its all complicated, and if things were getting sticky for them vat wise, they would only restrict customers to places they have a presence in


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81


    Cyrus wrote:
    Does this happen often IONITY chargers being offline ?

    I was charging at Ionity City North today, there's two charges there.

    1 was working, 1 was out of order. I reported the out of order one to Ionity and they said they'll send someone out to fix it.

    I also asked if more will be added, and he said it depends on demand!

    I was connected for 13 minutes in my classic Ioniq and averaged about 65kWh charging speed which is pretty good.

    I used my Maingau card and everything worked first time. By comparison, I charged on the ESB charger in Castlebelingham a few days ago, and it took three or 4 attempts to start the charger and I only charged at 50kWh so can't complain too much!


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭innrain


    Chargepoint showing, 64 cents /kWh at Ionity


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running


    innrain wrote: »
    Chargepoint showing, 64 cents /kWh at Ionity

    Ballix... but it was good while it lasted. :p


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,936 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus


    Really the 7 quid per session is gone now :(


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭innrain


    Cyrus wrote: »
    Really the 7 quid per session is gone now :(


    At least you can get one of the best rates with Audi .31/kWh if I'm not mistaken


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer


    BigAl81 wrote: »
    I was charging at Ionity City North today............................
    I was connected for 13 minutes in my Ioniq and averaged about 65kWh 65kW charging speed which is pretty good.

    Fixed that for you Al :D.
    innrain wrote: »
    Chargepoint showing, 64 cents /kWh at Ionity

    Gawd damn it :mad:.

    Kill East/Northbound.
    hGAWqdv.jpg
    Kill West/Southbound.
    rSVzYTy.jpg

    64c/kWh is extortionate - madness the only way to not be absolutely fleeced now is by signing up to a German eMSP :rolleyes:.

    It won't be long now before Maingau join the club & make Ionity a ridiculously expensive option.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer


    innrain wrote: »
    At least you can get one of the best rates with Audi .31/kWh if I'm not mistaken

    By buying a €100k E-Tron?
    That might be a false economy :P.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81


    Thanks for the photos, no sign of Kill on the Ionity app yet, but it must be opening very soon.

    Another eight 150kW chargers coming online is a big day in Irish EV charging news!


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,583 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston


    Kramer wrote: »
    64c/kWh is extortionate - madness the only way to not be absolutely fleeced now is by signing up to a German eMSP :rolleyes:.

    It won't be long now before Maingau join the club & make Ionity a ridiculously expensive option.

    Madness is that even if you WANT to sign up to BMW’s eMSP, you can’t!


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,936 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus


    So is the charge point card effectively useless now ? Electric Ireland and Maingau are the only two worth having or am I missing one ?


  • Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight


    Cyrus wrote: »
    So is the charge point card effectively useless now ? Electric Ireland and Maingau are the only two worth having or am I missing one ?

    EasyGo, though I think mostly people use the app, not a card


  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191


    EasyGo, though I think mostly people use the app, not a card

    Pity that they're making it more expensive than diesel, it's not really going to entice people from their Ice cars thankfully I can charge for 8 c a kwH at home, hopefully esb 150kw chargers will be cheaper than this


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight


    jordan191 wrote: »
    Pity that they're making it more expensive than diesel, it's not really going to entice people from their Ice cars thankfully I can charge for 8 c a kwH at home, hopefully esb 150kw chargers will be cheaper than this

    I don't buy the "more expensive than diesel" bit I keep hearing. How often do you charge outside of your home? I know exclusively to these DC charge points it's more expensive than diesel, but who does that?


Advertisement