Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswoman states America should be "more fearful of white men"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

circadian wrote: »
    If it's not doctored then how did you listen to the unedited video 4 times?

Anyway, for someone who apparently has a degree in Law you should be familiar with the fine points and semantics.

"If fear was the driving force of policies to keep America safe, Americans safe inside of this country..." was the leading line to the profiling statement.

She wasn't justifying or suggesting it should be done, she was saying that IF laws were based on fear then they should be profiling any demographic that has launched a terrorist attack in the USA. Which, as it stands, in recent years is mostly white males.

Iloveyourvibes.

Can you please respond to the above post?

I want to see if you are willing to retract your statements or can educate us on how your interpretation is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

meeeeh wrote: »
    The politician you wouldn't even know about if Trump didn't decide he can use her for his campaign is threatening to you.

You have read it just right. Trump picked her. Ask yourself why.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I think you are grossly misusing the term maliciously slandered. Perhaps if you feel that way you might condemn her extremism. The fact that she failed to condemn ice? Her antisemitism?

She is not an anti-Semite: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/chasemadar/ilhan-omar-anti-semitism-load-bearing-myth

It actually proves her point about the power of the Zionist lobby that her statement with regard to said lobby is anti-Semitic. It's very odd for legitimate posters on an Irish website (and presumably Irish) rushing to call someone critical of Israel and, in particular, sections of extreme Zionists and the lobby of Zionists in the USA an anti-Semite when such views are widely held in this country vis-a-vis Palestine.

She did. I heard it myself.

If we let fear be the deciding factor we have more to fear from white men and we should be racially profiling them etc etc.

I don't agree with racially profiling Asians. I don't think however its accurate to suggest white nationalism in the states is on par with Islamic extremism around the world.

It doesn't mean we racially profile Islamic men or anyone. But its not only grossly negligent in security but really reveals a strange upside down view of supposed threats.

'White men kill most people in this country' ?

I think she is forgetting 9/11.
    Is there a reason you're conveniently ignoring the person who posted her full statement in context?

Bold emphasis not mine for the record.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

alastair wrote: »
    She apologised for her anti-semitism.

Actions speak louder than words.

Omar recently was one of the 17 (398–17) who voted against the measure (H.Res.246) that opposed efforts to delegitimize the State of Israel and the Global Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions Movement [BDS] targeting Israel.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Iloveyourvibes.

Can you please respond to the above post?

I want to see if you are willing to retract your statements or can educate us on how your interpretation is correct.

She is saying her fear of white men is greater than her fear of Islamic terrorism.

If she were to base her security policies on her fears she would be profiling white men.

She said most people in the US are killed by white men. As if this means something its a white majority country. Most people in Saudi Arabia are killed by Saudi Arabians.

She thinks white men are a greater threat than Islamic terrorism.

It would be like me saying in NI I fear islamic terrorism more than the IRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

You have read it just right. Trump picked her. Ask yourself why.

You pick some nonsense toppic to entertain yourself and bring your post count up every Friday so sorry I'm not biting.

She is not an anti-Semite: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/chasemadar/ilhan-omar-anti-semitism-load-bearing-myth

It actually proves her point about the power of the Zionist lobby that her statement with regard to said lobby is anti-Semitic. It's very odd for legitimate posters on an Irish website (and presumably Irish) rushing to call someone critical of Israel and, in particular, sections of extreme Zionists and the lobby of Zionists in the USA an anti-Semite when such views are widely held in this country vis-a-vis Palestine.
    Im jewish.

And no not all jews think as I do. And NO i don't always agree with Israel. BUT she inferred all jews automatically support israel. I think what she has said is antisemitic though.

Her character veers dangerously close to extremism regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

notobtuse wrote: »

Omar recently was one of the 17 (398–17) who voted against the measure (H.Res.246) that opposed efforts to delegitimize the State of Israel and the Global Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions Movement [BDS] targeting Israel.

None of which is anti-Semitic.

It's amazing to me how few people understand that disagreeing with actions carried out by the State of Israel does not mean that someone inherently is against the Jewish faith.

• Advertisement

I respect her for that.

Also the fact that she apologized.

She is saying her fear of white men is greater than her fear of Islamic terrorism.

If she were to base her security policies on her fears she would be profiling white men.

She said most people in the US are killed by white men. As if this means something its a white majority country. Most people in Saudi Arabia are killed by Saudi Arabians.

What a pile of nonsense. Seriously - you need to learn to focus.

It's amazing to me how few people understand that disagreeing with actions carried out by the State of Israel does not mean that someone inherently is against the Jewish faith.
    I never said it did.

You don't know comments I am referring to . She mentioned american jews and questioned their loyalty to america.

She. does. not. say. that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

We should focus on profiling white nationalists not islamic terrorists?

I never said it did.

You don't know comments I am referring to . She mentioned american jews and questioned their loyalty to america.

The post wasn’t directed at you. Focus!

Are you living in Ireland - genuine question.

alastair wrote: »
    What a pile of nonsense. Seriously - you need to learn to focus.

You have no argument do you? So you are just resorting to petty insults.

Ad hominen.

Don't play with the big boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Palestinians dream of a world without Israel. The fact that Israel is a Jewish state composed primarily of Jews is simply collateral damage, eh?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Im jewish.

And no not all jews think as I do. And NO i don't always agree with Israel. BUT she inferred all jews automatically support israel. I think what she has said is antisemitic though.

Her character veers dangerously close to extremism regularly.

Source required for all of the above, but particularly the bolded.

• Advertisement

Are you living in Ireland - genuine question.

-_-

Yes. I am Irish. Both my parents are Irish and born here.

There are Irish Jews you know.

ELM327 wrote: »
    We should focus on profiling white nationalists not islamic terrorists?
    If the US is going to profile anyone in the manner proposed, then probably both. But certainly not either-or.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Of course not. Because she skirts all questions regarding Muslim terrorists.

Palestinians dream of a world without Israel. The fact that Israel is a Jewish state composed primarily of Jews is simply collateral damage, eh?

I'd say its more to do with their land being occupied by the State of Israel in contravention of international agreements than an inherent hatred of the religion.

You have no argument do you? So you are just resorting to petty insults.

Ad hominen.

Don't play with the big boys.

Do big boys normally indulge in non sequiturs and willful misrepresentation?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Very true, but many people have adapted to condemning israel as a method of venting their hatred for jews. I am no fan of israel in any regard but Omars voting consistently against helping israel and her comments on israel are a dog whistle to her muslim supporters inherrintly held anti-semitic views.

-_-

I clearly wasn't asking you. I'm interested in the views of the poster who raised the BDS legislation in the US as to their views on the Irish legislation.

-_-

That was another post that was not aimed at you ILYV.............

• Advertisement

-_-

🙄

Advertisement