Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswoman states America should be "more fearful of white men"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

alastair wrote: »
    Again - your comprehension challenges get in your way. It’s not me either.
    Stop calling me stupid right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

Gotta love the outrage to something taken out of context.

It's as if people have just started using the internet or something.

https://twitter.com/AJUpFront/status/1154465928266096641

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1154453033318641664

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

notobtuse wrote: »
    Oh, crap... No you didn't! There's always hope, though.
    I take it my reputation does not proceed me around this weird forum. You're in for a major disappointment.

Which is not what you said she said earlier. I'm starting to doubt this law degree thing... please tell me you're not a practising lawyer. :(

Yes that is what I said she said earlier. And she even said worse than that. She said people should be afraid of white men and she wants to racially profile them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

The clip was doctored and fair play to people for calling that out(as most have done)

At the same time - after watching the full unedited clip - I don’t think Congresswoman Omar’s comments are completely helpful. Focusing on one group or sub group isn’t going to help the situation at all. In fact it’s likely to see divisions grow. The focus needs to be on radicalization itself, and looking for ways to reach young people so they’re not sucked in by the identitarians on either side. There’s so little focus on uniting values nowadays, which is where we need to step in. We need to be the voice of positivity and hope. Because we can’t (sadly) always count on elected representatives to be that voice. We have to fill the void.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,347 ✭✭✭AllForIt

She's trying to make us believe things that aren't true.

I've come across their species before.

6f2105585947f129bfa17a4c99dbd7bb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Are people racist against white people?

absolutely , The very woman we are talking about in this thread has made numerous racist statements against white people. White people are constantly having their opinions lessened and deplatformed or experiences denied because theyre white.

Even in our own country, there are regular expressions of anti white racism trotted out by the likes of emma dabiri and dean van nguyen on television, in print media and online.

circadian wrote: »
    Gotta love the outrage to something taken out of context.

It's as if people have just started using the internet or something.

https://twitter.com/AJUpFront/status/1154465928266096641

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1154453033318641664

I listened to the whole thing.
    I was actually shocked.

A democrat could never get away with saying you should racially profile Islamic men. Maybe a gop member could.

She is basically a leftist trump.

Yes that is what I said she said earlier. And she even said worse than that. She said people should be afraid of white men and she wants to racially profile them.
    You know we can all see the unedited video right?

manual_man wrote: »
    The clip was doctored and fair play to people for calling that out(as most have done)
    Its not doctored you are making excuses for her extremism.

• Advertisement

You know we can all see the unedited video right?
    I listened to the unedited video 4 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I take it my reputation does not proceed me around this weird forum. You're in for a major disappointment.
    Ah, so it is true… celebrity does give us delusions of self importance.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

absolutely , The very woman we are talking about in this thread has made numerous racist statements against white people. White people are constantly having their opinions lessened and deplatformed or experiences denied because theyre white.

Even in our own country, there are regular expressions of anti white racism trotted out by the likes of emma dabiri and dean van nguyen on television, in print media and online.

I have never heard Emma Dabiri express such extreme views as this or anything near it.

notobtuse wrote: »
    Ah, so it is true… celebrity does give us delusions of self importance.
    No delusions here.

I’m not making excuses for anything. Be careful when leveling accusations.

This is becoming personal tit for tat i am sorry but its not interesting to me.

I’m not making excuses for anything. Be careful when leveling accusations.
    Either you are very naive or you agree with me.

This is not a one off with her. Its totally in keeping with her character.

Her antisemitism has not gone unnoticed either.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I have never heard Emma Dabiri express such extreme views as this or anything near it.

19th april 2017 Cutting edge , Emma dabiri aside from going on an anti male tirade, shouted down two female guests including devaluing ones opinion completely and calling her an uninformed 'white middle class woman' , then proceeded to attack another guest as having a 'white saviour complex'

Im sure RTE player might have it.

Either you are very naive or you agree with me.

I simply haven’t come on here for a fight. But if maliciously slandered, i’ll absolutely defend myself. Have a great day

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Actually people should be more afraid of white men. We should be racially profiling ..white men ..

That is what she ACTUALLY said.

She wants to racially profile white men to seek out white nationalism.

No she doesn’t. She said that if a fearful reaction to domestic terrorism was to inspire profiling, it would be better to apply it to the radicalised perpetrators of domestic terror attacks - who are more likely to be white men than Muslims - despite the weight of current anti-terror initiatives being directed at Muslim communities. She also made it clear that she didn’t think this was a good basis for determining policy to begin with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

So clearly she's not afraid of white people nor are they afraid of her.

Thanks for helping make my point.
    It says that the fabricated guff claiming that Omar said anyone should fear white men is, eh, so much fabricated guff.

She said it there as clear as anything. White men are to be feared. I tell you , as a white man that puts a crosshairs on my back.

And god forbid you are wearing a maga hat.

The dems just want to decide for political gain.

So you can pull the exact quote from the video then which supports the allegation you made earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

If it's not doctored then how did you listen to the unedited video 4 times?

Anyway, for someone who apparently has a degree in Law you should be familiar with the fine points and semantics.

"If fear was the driving force of policies to keep America safe, Americans safe inside of this country..." was the leading line to the profiling statement.

She wasn't justifying or suggesting it should be done, she was saying that IF laws were based on fear then they should be profiling any demographic that has launched a terrorist attack in the USA. Which, as it stands, in recent years is mostly white males.

mad muffin wrote: »
    And god forbid you are wearing a maga hat.

Thankfully, I don't have to see any MAGA-hat wearing individuals frequently between West Hollywood and Dublin.

I guess being a Coastal Elite has its advantages after all.

I simply haven’t come on here for a fight. But if maliciously slandered, i’ll absolutely defend myself. Have a great day

I think you are grossly misusing the term maliciously slandered. Perhaps if you feel that way you might condemn her extremism. The fact that she failed to condemn ice? Her antisemitism?

She said it there as clear as anything. White men are to be feared. I tell you , as a white man that puts a crosshairs on my back.

No she didn’t. We can all review the video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

splashuum wrote: »
    In a bizarre statement Ilhan Omar claims Americans should be more fearful of white men. These comment are totally incorrect seeming as the homicide rate committed by black men is soaring. Its frightening to see people gobble up her garbage.
    I firmly believe she could play a major factor in getting Trump re-elected due to her radical views.

https://twitter.com/mollyfprince/status/1154039284950716419

context context!

I think you are grossly misusing the term maliciously slandered. Perhaps if you feel that way you might condemn her extremism. The fact that she failed to condemn ice? Her antisemitism?

What extremism?

She did condemn ICE.

She apologised for her anti-semitism.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

The politician you wouldn't even know about if Trump didn't decide he can use her for his campaign is threatening to you. You were probably profiled as a white terrorist for a year but you only now discovered it's because of her statements. Your suffering must have been immense.

• Advertisement

No she didn’t. We can all review the video.

She did. I heard it myself.

If we let fear be the deciding factor we have more to fear from white men and we should be racially profiling them etc etc.

I don't agree with racially profiling Asians. I don't think however its accurate to suggest white nationalism in the states is on par with Islamic extremism around the world.

It doesn't mean we racially profile Islamic men or anyone. But its not only grossly negligent in security but really reveals a strange upside down view of supposed threats.

'White men kill most people in this country' ?

I think she is forgetting 9/11.

Advertisement