Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswoman states America should be "more fearful of white men"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

sk8erboii wrote: »
    Dem feminist. Dem librulz. Dem posters.

Whats that cletus? ‘Nother wyatt man shot up and killed some minorities? Naw he’s just a bad dude aint nothing to do with race

Well constructed post!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_the_United_States from 2013:

"White people constitute the majority of the U.S. population, with a total of about 245,532,000 or 77.7%"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States
    "For violent crime by race in 2011, 59.4% of those arrested were white"

77.7% of the population in America is white, 59.4% of violent race crimes are committed by whites which means.....

Durrrp

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

Shemale wrote: »
    Well constructed post!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_the_United_States from 2013:

"White people constitute the majority of the U.S. population, with a total of about 245,532,000 or 77.7%"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States
    "For violent crime by race in 2011, 59.4% of those arrested were white"

77.7% of the population in America is white, 59.4% of violent race crimes are committed by whites which means.....

Durrrp

Ah yes, its okay to have a mass shooting now and then. No debate needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

It always reminds me of Frankie Boyle's joke about the prejudice of white people in America.

"A lot of racism comes from projection. White Americans have a stereotype of black people being criminals purely because they can’t acknowledge that it was actually white people that stole them from Africa in the first place."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

steddyeddy wrote: »
    It always reminds me of Frankie Boyle's joke about the prejudice of white people in America.

"A lot of racism comes from projection. White Americans have a stereotype of black people being criminals purely because they can’t acknowledge that it was actually white people that stole them from Africa in the first place."

It's not projection when statistics support the fact that they commit more crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Shemale wrote: »
    It was announced at a comms session they had, I doubt they are the only company at it.

The poster fits in with the quotas a lot of companies are trying to meet with the exception of african women, hardly a huge leap, certainly not your dumb comparisons.

Doesnt fit in with the all white men are the enemy narrative does it

Japers.
    The whole point of all of this is that minorities get a fair shake. The fear that they'll take over is perpetrated by small minded selfish people looking after personal interest. No company is going to hire an unsuitable idiot because they are a female, disabled, gay, black muslim.
    Many fear change but it's not always a conspiracy out to get whitey.

The congresswoman pointed out that they've more to fear from white men than jihadis, based on all the mass shootings. I'd agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Israel said today that it would bar two Democratic congresswomen, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan and Ilhan Omar, of Minnesota from entering the country ahead of a planned visit over their support for a Palestinian-led boycott movement.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel is “open to critics and criticism,” except for those who advocate boycotts against it. He also stated “Congresswomen Tlaib and Omar are leading activists in promoting the legislation of boycotts against Israel in the American Congress…”. He said their itinerary “revealed that they planned a visit whose sole objective is to strengthen the boycott against us and deny Israel’s legitimacy.”

Good for Israel!

If anything the two abhorrent congresswomen should have visited with all sides of the controversy in order to get some education on what is going on. But that is too much to hope for from our top anti-Semitic congresswomen. I wonder if we can send these two elsewhere for, say, about a year?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    Israel said today that it would bar two Democratic congresswomen, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan and Ilhan Omar, of Minnesota from entering the country ahead of a planned visit over their support for a Palestinian-led boycott movement.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel is “open to critics and criticism,” except for those who advocate boycotts against it. He also stated “Congresswomen Tlaib and Omar are leading activists in promoting the legislation of boycotts against Israel in the American Congress…”. He said their itinerary “revealed that they planned a visit whose sole objective is to strengthen the boycott against us and deny Israel’s legitimacy.”

Good for Israel!

If anything the two abhorrent congresswomen should have visited with all sides of the controversy in order to get some education on what is going on. But that is too much to hope for from our top anti-Semitic congresswomen. I wonder if we can send these two elsewhere for, say, about a year?

Israel is a criminal regime, so I'm not surprised. It's good when they make announcements like this and let the world see what they are.
    Anti-semetic how? Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Good for Israel!

I know you have little connection to the US N but this isn't playing as well as you think over here. Colleagues of mine, Dems and republicans are angry that Israel gets large US handouts and seeks to ban members of the house of congress from visiting.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I know you have little connection to the US N but this isn't playing as well as you think over here. Colleagues of mine, Dems and republicans are angry that Israel gets large US handouts and seeks to ban members of the house of congress from visiting.
    I live in the US. And I know how it is probably playing out in Europe. Aren't they considering forcing products manufactured in Israel to include a warning label? Will you do the same for things made in China, Russia, Iran? You know... places with much worse conditions than you accuse Israel of? Will you be building new concentration camps? So, I guess the Democrats want to turn the US into Europe.

The two congresswomen can change the situation by agreeing to meet with all sides. But I think they’d prefer to be looked on as heroes in the fight to destroy Israel. If these two, and the other two knuckleheads of The Squad keep things up, the GOP will strengthen their numbers in the Senate and might even take back control of the House.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Israel is a criminal regime, so I'm not surprised. It's good when they make announcements like this and let the world see what they are.
    Anti-semetic how? Link?

There’s plenty if you bothered to look beyond the biased liberal news. But here’s one for you by Ilhan Omar… 'Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,857 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Good for Israel!

Is your elbow doing the cognition for your asshole or just what in the name of doublethink are you complaining about

Overheal wrote: »
    Is your elbow doing the cognition for your asshole or just what in the name of doublethink are you complaining about
    Huh? Are you going on that I probably should have said "should have agreed to visit with all sides"? Do you recommend me being drawn and quartered? I'll accept my punishment right after Biden accepts his for his zillionth gaffe.

Perfect.

Huh? Are you going on that I probably should have said "should have agreed to visit with all sides"? Do you recommend me being drawn and quartered? I'll accept my punishment right after Biden accepts his for his zillionth gaffe.

Try again elbow.

You moaned that they should have visited with all sides - they were traveling to Israel, of all places, one of as many sides in question. They seem to have been attempting to do exactly what you complained they should have been doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Perfect.

Haha.. what a thread. They are still on the Republican good, democrat bad shtick I see. Although..less of them at least :)

There’s plenty if you bothered to look beyond the biased liberal news. But here’s one for you by Ilhan Omar… 'Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.'

If that quote is accurate I agree with her, 'cept I don't follow any religion.

'Paid off' might be more accurate. I'd say Trump couldn't give two f***s about Israel if there wasn't money in it for himself.

Try again elbow.

You moaned that they should have visited with all sides - they were traveling to Israel, of all places, one of as many sides in question. They seem to have been attempting to do exactly what you complained they should have been doing.
    Step away from the MSLSD (MSNBC) talking points... for your own health. They were attempting nothing other than to bring condemnation upon Israel.

Omar and Tlaib planned to tour the flashpoint site of the Temple Mount in the Old City of Jerusalem, as well as the West Bank. Their trip was planned by Miftah, a nonprofit organization led by a Palestinian lawmaker. American Jewish Congress President Jack Rosen said: “Congresswomen Tlaib and Omar are no friends of Israel. Had they shown a genuine desire to commit to open and honest dialogue, they could have better understood the true character of the Israeli people and the reality in which they live on a daily basis.” “But sadly this is not the case, and the Israeli government’s decision is the right one.”

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stated “Israel’s law prohibits the entry of people who call and operate to boycott Israel, as is the case with other democracies that prevent the entry of people whose perception harms the country.”

Is Israel not allow to be a sovereign nation? The two knucklehead US lawmakers are taking advantage of their prominent political position to support organizations that call for boycotts of Israel.

If that quote is accurate I agree with her, 'cept I don't follow any religion.

'Paid off' might be more accurate. I'd say Trump couldn't give two f***s about Israel if there wasn't money in it for himself.
    I'd say Israel being the only democratic government in the region and true ally of the US has far more to do with it.

Step away from the MSLSD (MSNBC) talking points... for your own health. They were attempting nothing other than to bring condemnation upon Israel.

Omar and Tlaib planned to tour the flashpoint site of the Temple Mount in the Old City of Jerusalem, as well as the West Bank. Their trip was planned by Miftah, a nonprofit organization led by a Palestinian lawmaker.
    American Jewish Congress President Jack Rosen said: “Congresswomen Tlaib and Omar are no friends of Israel. Had they shown a genuine desire to commit to open and honest dialogue, they could have better understood the true character of the Israeli people and the reality in which they live on a daily basis.” “But sadly this is not the case, and the Israeli government’s decision is the right one.”

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stated “Israel’s law prohibits the entry of people who call and operate to boycott Israel, as is the case with other democracies that prevent the entry of people whose perception harms the country.”

Is Israel not allow to be a sovereign nation? The two knucklehead US lawmakers are taking advantage of their prominent political position to support organizations that call for boycotts of Israel.

Is BiBi not locked up yet? What about his missus?
    So they were willing to visit numerous areas but the grand aul' "democracy" of Israel won't have them because they disagree with the murderous apartheid Israeli regime? Sounds fair :)

I'd say Israel being the only democratic government government in the region and true ally of the US has far more to do with it.

If they really appreciated the U.S. they'd respect democratically elected congresswomen. I suppose they bought the Republicans but couldn't buy the squad. That's the likely problem.

• Advertisement

‘StEp aWAy fRoM MsbCLsCNnD tAlKinG pOiNts anD tAkE THeSE isRaELi oNeS inSTeAD’

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I'd say Israel being the only democratic government in the region and true ally of the US has far more to do with it.

You can't claim to be a democracy when over two million people under your control are denied a say in their governance. Thats "democracy" in the style of Apartheid South Africa.

Odhinn wrote: »
    You can't claim to be a democracy when over two million people under your control are denied a say in their governance. Thats "democracy" in the style of Apartheid South Africa.

Also if you murder unarmed protesters or deny access to US congress people because they disagree with government policy.

If they really appreciated the U.S. they'd respect democratically elected congresswomen. I suppose they bought the Republicans but couldn't buy the squad. That's the likely problem.
    These two knucklehead congresswomen have free speech protections and the right to protest here in the US. Foreign countries make their own laws and can deny entry to anyone they are given the right by law to deny. The congresswomen do not have the right to demand exemption from the consequences of their actions on an international arena. An Israeli law passed in 2017instructs the Israeli Interior Minister to ban foreign nationals who publicly support movements to boycott Israel. Netanyahu wrote "Only a few days ago, we received their visitation plan, and it became clear that they were planning a campaign whose sole purpose was to strengthen the boycott and negate Israel's legitimacy." It appears clear their intent was to support the Boycott, Divest & Sanction (BDS) movement against Israel. What benefit to the US would their visit bring, and on the taxpayer’s dollar? Elected officials are only supposed to do 'official' visits to foreign countries and leaders if it benefits America. Israel is an ally of the US, so what benefit to America would it bring if their only intent was to make Israel look bad? I think there are greater issues in this country and their respective regions that need their attention, far more. This is looking more and more like some stunt these women are pulling.

These two knucklehead congresswomen have free speech protections and the right to protest here in the US. Foreign countries make their own laws and can deny entry to anyone they are given the right by law to deny. The congresswomen do not have the right to demand exemption from the consequences of their actions on an international arena. An Israeli law passed in 2017instructs the ....

You're right they dont. Dont believe they were looking for an exemption. Maybe the courtesy Trump affords dictators and butchers.
    The more you call these women knuckle heads the less credible you seem.
    Israel is a sham democracy anyway. The whole world knows it.

You're right they dont. Dont believe they were looking for an exemption. Maybe the courtesy Trump affords dictators and butchers.
    The more you call these women knuckle heads the less credible you seem.
    Israel is a sham democracy anyway. The whole world knows it.
    Two hateful freshmen congresswoman want Trump to interfere so they can go to Israel for some stunt in order to demonize our ally? I'm shocked Trump didn't jump at the idea... Shocked, I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Two hateful freshmen congresswoman want Trump to interfere so they can go to Israel for some stunt in order to demonize our ally? I'm shocked Trump didn't jump at the idea... Shocked, I say!

?????????

Trump disrespected and lied about two US members of congress. He should be impeached on that alone. He's nicer to murderous dictators than US elected congresswomen. Trump is a disgrace to his country.

As for the two congress women they've issue with the Israeli regime. If Israel was a true democracy they'd take the criticism like adults.
    I see one is being let in anyway. Now what? Ridicule BiBi?

Israel has now come out and said Representative Rashida Tlaib can visit her grandmother in the West Bank with a humanitarian exemption. Tlaib has asked to be able to visit her elderly grandmother as it may be the last time she might see her, and the request had been granted. “I would like to request admittance to Israel in order to visit my relatives, and specifically my grandmother. This could be my last opportunity to see her. I will respect any restrictions and will not promote boycotts against Israel during my visit.” Finally... some adults in the room.

• Advertisement

Israel has now come out and said Representative Rashida Tlaib can visit her grandmother in the West Bank with a humanitarian exemption. Tlaib has asked to be able to visit her elderly grandmother as it may be the last time she might see her, and the request had been granted. “I would like to request admittance to Israel in order to visit my relatives, and specifically my grandmother. This could be my last opportunity to see her. I will respect any restrictions and will not promote boycotts against Israel during my visit.” Finally... some adults in the room.

But she hates jews and BiBi would be weak to let her in? Or was that yesterday?
    I'd say BiBi's cartel didn't like the optics. Nice of Israel to 'allow' the woman visit her grandmother.

Advertisement