Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswoman states America should be "more fearful of white men"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

But she hates jews and BiBi would be weak to let her in? Or was that yesterday?
    Would appear love (humanitarian exemption) trumps (Tlaib's) hate in this case.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,865 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Trump disrespected and lied about two US members of congress. He should be impeached on that alone.

He should be impeached for several things, including nearly a dozen counts of obstruction of justice, but a politician lying about other politicians is not one of those reasons. At most it’s reprehensible that a POTUS went around his own lack of authority to stop Congresswomen from traveling wherever they damn well please, much less to an allied state, to publicly coerce that state to ban them for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

notobtuse wrote: »
    Two hateful freshmen congresswoman want Trump to interfere so they can go to Israel for some stunt in order to demonize our ally? I'm shocked Trump didn't jump at the idea... Shocked, I say!

What's this "our ally" business?

Odhinn wrote: »
    What's this "our ally" business?
    Per Wiki…

Israel is a strategic ally, and that US relations with Israel strengthen the US presence in the Middle East. Israel is one of the US's two original major non-NATO allies in the Middle East.

Since the 1960s the United States has been very strong supporter of Israel, and promoted good relations between Israel and Jordan, Lebanon and Egypt, while holding off the hostility from other Arab nations, especially Syria and Iran. The relations are a very important factor in the United States government's overall policy in the Middle East, and Congress has placed considerable importance on the maintenance of a close and supportive relationship.

Seems about right.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Per Wiki…

Israel is a strategic ally, and that US relations with Israel strengthen the US presence in the Middle East. Israel is one of the US's two original major non-NATO allies in the Middle East.

Since the 1960s the United States has been very strong supporter of Israel, and promoted good relations between Israel and Jordan, Lebanon and Egypt, while holding off the hostility from other Arab nations, especially Syria and Iran. The relations are a very important factor in the United States government's overall policy in the Middle East, and Congress has placed considerable importance on the maintenance of a close and supportive relationship.

Seems about right.

I don't think he knew you were an Alt-Right pro-Israeli American.
    The irony of Israel believing the ALT-Right support them still amuses me. When they get bored with the Muslims and Mexicans it'll be back to the jew hating. Right now it's the enemy of my enemy logic.

• Advertisement

Per Wiki…

Seems about right.

Saying Israel is "our ally" on an irish message board is - however unintentioned - a bit misleading.

Saying Israel is "our ally" on an irish message board is - however unintentioned - a bit misleading.
    Makes sense... but I often note I'm a US citizen and hard to mistake that. Didn't think I hat to note it in every comment I make. And I think you knew I was a US citizen for quite some time so your response seems somewhat disingenuous.

Makes sense... but I often note I'm a US citizen and hard to mistake that. Didn't think I hat to note it in every comment I make. And I think you knew I was a US citizen for quite some time so your response seems somewhat disingenuous.

Nope.

Nope.
    Then I stand corrected.

Well, so much for being an adult. If this is now true about Tlaib, it’s nuts and she’s a piece of $hit.

Tlaib writing on Twitter… "Silencing me & treating me like a criminal is not what she wants for me. It would kill a piece of me. I have decided that visiting my grandmother under these oppressive conditions stands against everything I believe in--fighting against racism, oppression & injustice"

Now, remember it was Tlaib who initiated the offer not to promote BDS while visiting her grandmother. She’s the one who wrote in an official request to Israel: "I will respect any restrictions and will not promote boycotts against Israel during my visit."

Tlaib just made her stunt clear and provided Israel with justification for its decision not to allow her to come. Seems grandma was merely a pawn to used and thrown away in her sick game of politics.

• Advertisement

Well, so much for being an adult. If this is now true about Tlaib, it’s nuts and she’s a piece of $hit.

Tlaib writing on Twitter… "Silencing me & treating me like a criminal is not what she wants for me. It would kill a piece of me. I have decided that visiting my grandmother under these oppressive conditions stands against everything I believe in--fighting against racism, oppression & injustice"

Now, remember it was Tlaib who initiated the offer not to promote BDS while visiting her grandmother. She’s the one who wrote in an official request to Israel: "I will respect any restrictions and will not promote boycotts against Israel during my visit."

Tlaib just made her stunt clear and provided Israel with justification for its decision not to allow her to come. Seems grandma was merely a pawn to used and thrown away in her sick game of politics.

Now remember you called a democratically elected US member of congress a piece of sh*t because you disagree with her opinion on the policy of a foreign regime. Neither Trump nor yourself have any respect for U.S. democracy.
    You've no credibility and have flipped on this in the last 24 hours. Israel were right to ban her, Israel were great to allow her, she's a piece of sh*t for refusing the terms. Pathetic.

Now remember you called a democratically elected US member of congress a piece of sh*t because you disagree with her opinion on the policy of a foreign regime. Neither Trump nor yourself have any respect for U.S. democracy.
    You've no credibility and have flipped on this in the last 24 hours. Israel were right to ban her, Israel were great to allow her, she's a piece of sh*t for refusing the terms. Pathetic.
    What's pathetic is you stating Tlaib refused the terms. Those terms were initiated and offered by HER! She offered and Israel accepted!

https://hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/tlaib0letter-768x537.png

What's pathetic is you stating Tlaib refused the terms. Those terms were initiated and offered by HER! She offered and Israel accepted!

She refused the terms. That's from the quote you posted. I read earlier a quote from BiBi saying she could come in under those terms. She has decided to refuse them. Score any points you like out of that, I'm not interested in subterranean point scoring TBH. The U.S. is in a terrible state. I feel pity for the people there.

She refused the terms. That's from the quote you posted. I read earlier a quote from BiBi saying she could come in under those terms. She has decided to refuse them. Score any points you like out of that, I'm not interested in subterranean point scoring TBH. The U.S. is in a terrible state. I feel pity for the people there.
    That's quite a roundabout way of saying Tlaib's a lying provocateur.

That's quite a roundabout way of saying Tlaib's a lying provocateur.

That's a very racist comment.
    See how that nonsense works? Leave your Fox News tricks in 'murica.

That's a very racist comment.
    See how that nonsense works? Leave your Fox News tricks in 'murica.
    Immediately playing the racist card is the Left's trick, not Fox News. Perhaps it would be best to quit digging.

Immediately playing the racist card is the Left's trick, not Fox News. Perhaps it would be best to quit digging.

I wasn't playing the race card, (yanks are okay by me). I was pointing out your sad attempt at twisting my comment for your own point scoring. I was disappointed when I heard she was willing to visit under terms. Delighted she backed out. We must stand up to bigots and tyrants IMO.

I wasn't playing the race card, (yanks are okay by me). I was pointing out your sad attempt at twisting my comment for your own point scoring. I was disappointed when I heard she was willing to visit under terms. Delighted she backed out. We must stand up to bigots and tyrants IMO.
    You were disappointed when you heard she was willing to visit under the terms she herself initiated, set and offered?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

The crime stats show that Americans should be more fearful of black people. But if the likes of Omar are afraid of us then that's not such a bad thing. I'd be worried of she wasn't afraid of us.

You were disappointed when you heard she was willing to visit under the terms she herself initiated, set and offered?

Yes.

• Advertisement

The crime stats show that Americans should be more fearful of black people. But if the likes of Omar are afraid of us then that's not such a bad thing. I'd be worried of she wasn't afraid of us.

You should read her quote. Compared to Jihadis white males carry out more mass shootings was the point.

You should read her quote. Compared to Jihadis white males carry out more mass shootings was the point.
    You have a greater chance of being struck by lightning in the US than being shot in a mass shooting. Perhaps her beef should be with Mother Nature.

Yes.
    Then apparently your political cognizance is lacking. The two Congresswomen claimed their trip was meant for outreach and education. If that were so, they could have visited Israel with the rest of the US delegation to Israel… a bipartisan trip of over 70 reps that met with BOTH the Israel government and the Palestinian Authority. This now is looking like a stunt on the part of the women whose apparent goals were part of a plan of provocation against Israel, and it backfired. Tlaib has now made it perfectly clear that she’s willing to use her grandmother as a prop and throw her under the bus in order to demonize Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

So notobtuse doesn't like US congresswomen criticising the US ally Israel

I presume he feels the same when the US president criticises America's European allies?
    Course he f*cking doesn't

Billy Mays wrote: »
    So notobtuse doesn't like US congresswomen criticising the US ally Israel

I presume he feels the same when the US president criticises America's European allies?
    Course he f*cking doesn't

He can criticize them all he wants while he’s here in the US or at an international conference/function. But he better not go over to a country with the intent of demonizing and making them look bad within their own country... or demanding he be let in if their laws dictate he would not be allowed to come.

And please point me to your outrage when the speaker of the British House of Commons told Trump, the elected president of the United States, he was not welcome to address them? I kinda remember you all here praising the speaker in THAT matter.

You have a greater chance of being struck by lightning in the US than being shot in a mass shooting. Perhaps her beef should be with Mother Nature.

That wasn't the context the quote was taken from. If they'd been discussing lightning, sure, why not.
    Then apparently your political cognizance is lacking. The two Congresswomen claimed their trip was meant for outreach and education. If that were so, they could have visited Israel with the rest of the US delegation to Israel… a bipartisan trip of over 70 reps that met with BOTH the Israel government and the Palestinian Authority. This now is looking like a stunt on the part of the women whose apparent goals were part of a plan of provocation against Israel, and it backfired. Tlaib has now made it perfectly clear that she’s willing to use her grandmother as a prop and throw her under the bus in order to demonize Israel.

They were refused entry because of their politics. I'm cool with anybody criticising Israel. I guess U.S. free speech is only for people the racist liar Trump agrees with.

He can criticize them all he wants while he’s here in the US or at an international conference/function. But he better not go over to a country with the intent of demonizing and making them look bad within their own country... or demanding he be let in if their laws dictate he would not be allowed to come.

And please point me to your outrage when the speaker of the British House of Commons told Trump, the elected president of the United States, he was not welcome to address them? I kinda remember you all here praising the speaker in THAT matter.

And by making Israel look bad you mean voicing facts.

They were refused entry because of their politics. I'm cool with anybody criticising Israel. I guess U.S. free speech is only for people the racist liar Trump agrees with.
    Wrong, once again. It’s quite a bit more than politics of the hateful congresswomen. They are actively engaged in efforts to harm the citizens of Israel, bring about economic ruin, and challenge Israel’s right to exist, with the BDS movement.

Wrong, once again. It’s quite a bit more than politics of the hateful congresswomen. They are actively engaged in efforts to harm the citizens of Israel, bring about economic ruin, and challenge Israel’s right to exist, with the BDS movement.

You support Israels colonisation of Palestinian areas, outside Israels recognised borders?

• Advertisement

And by making Israel look bad you mean voicing facts.
    Oh bother... They can criticize Israel all they want while they are here, and under our laws of free speech.

Advertisement