Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

232 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Garbage, you are just arguing for the sake of it.

Given the fact that only 2 AB winners have gone on to win an RSA since 2005 you have to admit it is a bad trial. ( I know you won't btw, but you are allowed to be wrong sonetimes, like in this instance:pac::pac::pac:)

Do you want a spade?

Wrong? It is not wrong
    5 of the last 10 RSA winners have run in the previous season's Albert Bartlett. That's a fact.
    Despite this fact, you keep saying it's probably true? Get yourself a spade.

p.s. I'm not arguing about the quality of the winners. I never mentioned the winners. I'm saying the race is not a bad trial for the RSA, which it isn't given it has produced 5 of the last 10 winners.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Wrong? It is not wrong
    5 of the last 10 RSA winners have run in the previous season's Albert Bartlett. That's a fact.
    Despite this fact, you keep saying it's probably true? Get yourself a spade.

p.s. I'm not arguing about the quality of the winners. I never mentioned the winners. I'm saying the race is not a bad trial for the RSA, which it isn't given it has produced 5 of the last 10 winners.

Sorry I am bored now, I won btw.

Sorry I am bored now, I won btw.

Keep telling yourself that.
    You're arguing against actual events that have happened.
    But I'll leave you to believe what you want and avoid you from now on. You know what they say about arguing with an idiot. Well named indeed.

Rumour has it Henderson was on the dry last night? He looks very functional if you ask me.

Keep telling yourself that.
    You're arguing against actual events that have happened.
    But I'll leave you to believe what you want and avoid you from now on. You know what they say about arguing with an idiot. Well named indeed.

For the record, the last 10 winners of the RSA were

2019 Topofthegame 7 11-4 Harry Cobden 4/1 (Paul Nicholls) 2018 2nd Coral Cup
    2018 Presenting Percy 7 11-4 D N Russell 5/2Fav (Patrick G Kelly) Winner Pertemps
    2017 Might Bite 8 11-4 N de Boinville 7/2Fav (Nicky Henderson) Did not run at Festival
    2016 Blaklion 7 11-4 Ryan Hatch 8/1 (Nigel Twiston-Davies) Pulled up Albert Bartlett
    2015 Don Poli 6 11-4 B J Cooper 13/8Fav (W P Mullins) Won Martin Pipe
    2014 O'faolains Boy 7 11-4 B J Geraghty 12/1 (Miss Rebecca Curtis) 4th Albert Bartlett
    2013 Lord Windermere 7 11-4 D N Russell 8/1 (J H Culloty) did not run at festival
    2012 Bobs Worth 7 11-4 B J Geraghty 9/2 (Nicky Henderson) Winner Albert Bartlett
    2011 Bostons Angel 7 11-4 R M Power 16/1 (Mrs John Harrington) did not run at festival, correction Pulled up in Albert Bartlett
    2010 Weapon's Amnesty 7 11-4 D N Russell 10/1 (C Byrnes) Winner Albert Bartlett
    2009 Cooldine 7 11-4 R Walsh 9/4Fav (W P Mullins) Did not run

Of the 5 out of 10 you mentioned only 4 actually ran in the Albert Bartlett. 2 won, One was 4th and the other pulled up.

Please get your facts right, at least. How is anyone going to respect a thing you say otherwise? I can't anymore, sorry.

• Advertisement

I have my facts right.
    Boston's Angel ran in the Albert Bartlett.
    A moron pretending it didn't happen doesn't change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

This time next week all our fears re cancellation will be gone
    Anticipation will be king and the only thing worrying us will be has the ground dried up sufficiently to allow Abacadabras hack up ðŸ˜

I have my facts right.
    Boston's Angel ran in the Albert Bartlett.
    A moron pretending it didn't happen doesn't change that.

It got pulled up and your using as basis for form.

You must be broke.

I was thinking about the Champion Hurdle the last while. I have always been saying that Triumph horses have a poor record in the race. This is true and it is worthwhile using this trend of a normal year. However, given that this year is such a weak renewal I think it is fair to say that there is scope to include triumph horses in your race analysis. That being the case

Pentland Hills - Has appeared to blow up on both starts this season. Last years triumph was run on a bog. In fact I would be wary of using last years Friday card as a basis for form at all. It was only his second run over fences, albeit he followed at Aintree also. I am not so sure on this years' form There were huge priced winners all day. 20/1,12/1, 50/1,12/1,7/2,66/1,5/1.

I think they got the ground all wrong last year for the Friday. There was a deluge that morning and the watering from the week before had it like glue on the day. I think you need to take this into account for form analysis, there were a lot of shock winners.

Coeur Sublime - Is talented and you can definitely argue the ground was against him last year. He looked like he was going to win before getting bogged down in the last strides. Hard to know, but at 14 or 16/1 I really could not stop anyone giving him the benefit of the doubt, all things considered. Great trainer, great jockey, brilliant owner. If it was the ground last year excuses can be made.

The only other negative I have about last years Triumph is that Gardens of Babylon was a close 3rd and has not shown much either this year. He was beaten by Soviet Pimpernel at Christmas when he was trying for sure. Soviet Pimpernel is a good horse, but he would not be winning any Champion Hurdle , this year anyway.

In conclusion I think there is scope for an ew bet on Couer Sublime, giving he has won a race this year, but I would be looking for a bigger price than 14's.

I have had ew bets on Ballandy and Super Sundae, small beans. Given the way the race has split up I don't think anyone can be confident of anything they are backing. But Super Sundae has won a nice few Grade 1's and that will do for me, despite his age. It is difficult to see Ballyandy improve much at his age, but he won last time out and if NTD can squeeze some more out who knows?

I was thinking about the Champion Hurdle the last while. I have always been saying that Triumph horses have a poor record in the race. This is true and it is worthwhile using this trend of a normal year. However, given that this year is such a weak renewal I think it is fair to say that there is scope to include triumph horses in your race analysis. That being the case

Pentland Hills - Has appeared to blow up on both starts this season. Last years triumph was run on a bog. In fact I would be wary of using last years Friday card as a basis for form at all. It was only his second run over fences, albeit he followed at Aintree also. I am not so sure on this years' form There were huge priced winners all day. 20/1,12/1, 50/1,12/1,7/2,66/1,5/1.

I think they got the ground all wrong last year for the Friday. There was a deluge that morning and the watering from the week before had it like glue on the day. I think you need to take this into account for form analysis, there were a lot of shock winners.

Coeur Sublime - Is talented and you can definitely argue the ground was against him last year. He looked like he was going to win before getting bogged down in the last strides. Hard to know, but at 14 or 16/1 I really could not stop anyone giving him the benefit of the doubt, all things considered. Great trainer, great jockey, brilliant owner. If it was the ground last year excuses can be made.

The only other negative I have about last years Triumph is that Gardens of Babylon was a close 3rd and has not shown much either this year. He was beaten by Soviet Pimpernel at Christmas when he was trying for sure. Soviet Pimpernel is a good horse, but he would not be winning any Champion Hurdle , this year anyway.

In conclusion I think there is scope for an ew bet on Couer Sublime, giving he has won a race this year, but I would be looking for a bigger price than 14's.

I have had ew bets on Ballandy and Super Sundae, small beans. Given the way the race has split up I don't think anyone can be confident of anything they are backing. But Super Sundae has won a nice few Grade 1's and that will do for me, despite his age. It is difficult to see Ballyandy improve much at his age, but he won last time out and if NTD can squeeze some more out who knows?

I put up Couer a few weeks ago
    Defo like him ew
    Have him backed at a big price

• Advertisement

I put up Couer a few weeks ago
    Defo like him ew
    Have him backed at a big price

A big price is fine given the weakness of the race. But he was beaten heavy at Christmas. Everyone is clutching as straws for a winner, something will of course, I just think all things considered and on all know form he is short enough at 14's.

I am having a few tenners and watching the race, lets hope something like Elgin doesn't win it. 100/1 Raj, get on.

7 sleeps bitches. It is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

This time next week I'll be 2 hours into my working day (from home :pac:)... with 1 hour 45 mins left!

Does anyone think that Emitom has half a chance in the Stayers Hurdle?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

there was word about him on a preview the other night - from Andy holding i think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Emitom is useful but paisley park is a machine

carq wrote: »
    there was word about him on a preview the other night - from Andy holding i think

He has some nice form. I thought his bubble burst a little at Aintree last year when Champ beat him. The 10/1 seems like the bookies are taking no chances. William Hill are 12/1.

https://www.oddschecker.com/cheltenham-festival/stayers-hurdle/winner

Where is William Henry going?

One week lads
    ONE WEEK
    ONE MUTHAFUKIN WEEK!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

One week lads
    ONE WEEK
    ONE MUTHAFUKIN WEEK!!!!!!!!!!

This year I’m closer to the course . So this time next week I start walking .. :-). The buzz !!!

aidankkk wrote: »
    This year I’m closer to the course . So this time next week I start walking .. :-). The buzz !!!

Shame no podcast this year Aidan
    Enjoyed it last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Wont be travelling this year but have half day booked on Tuesday.
    Out the gap at 12 . high stool somewhere by 12:45, sup on a few Guinness and home by 6.

Shame no podcast this year Aidan
    Enjoyed it last year

If anyone knows a host, id love to do one ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

aidankkk wrote: »
    If anyone knows a host, id love to do one ...

Emmet Kennedy seems popular and he is in Kilkenny too!!:p

Soon as they declare what race Faugheen runs in he is getting my biggest bet of the week
    i can feel it in me water!!

I still fancy the hole off Lydia. I can't wait until the summer and she is just commentating in her lovely white blouse's. I love her. I admit the bobbly hat look is not her greatest, but her accent gets me going every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

What is wrong with you

Andrew00 wrote: »
    What is wrong with you

She is beautiful, I cannot wait for Chester in May. Her laugh is sooooo sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Another thread to unfollow.

This time next week, ill be the bald fecker with a kk accent jumping up and down in the winners enclousere after Aramon dances in..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

If she'd grow her hair a bit longer and stop dressing like my great Aunt Nessy.....I'd rattle Lydia.

Advertisement