Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

232 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Myself, Hayley, Jane Mangan and Nicola McGeady, in a bar, laughing and joking about the time Jane fell off Oscar Delta after the last at Cheltenham ...oh what a laugh we would have...
    All back to mine after for snacks and cigars.............

David Jennings just put up a picture of Nicola at her wedding day today I assume :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Merry Christmas you filthy animals

Jayzis lads
    Grand Stretch out there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I don't know what those messers are doing on the other thread. Clueless stuff going on over there. Don't forget, the Cheltenham Festival 2020 started here first, this is where it's at.

70 days, 1 hour and 40 mins lads!!

Let that sink in!
    When this thread was started we were over 230 days away!!!!
    Now it's down to 70!
    10 WEEKS........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Heading over for the 4 days. My first visit was in 2005 November. This will be my 9th March pilgrimage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Looks like there keen to add another day - Saturday.

Ridiculous if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

marvin80 wrote: »
    Looks like there keen to add another day - Saturday.

Ridiculous if they do.

Money making scam to dilute the races with an extra day another 100 quid plus club ticket and more none racing folk for the weekend that just want to snort coke and boo fallen horses that they have backed.

A 5th day would be a mess
    running into saturday, taking on football etc
    Cheltenham being on during the week and having the sports news to itself is half the reason its so big
    4 days is LOADS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Kevin Blake wrote an excellent blog arguing against it the other day, I'd link it but blocked in work if someone else can find it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Kevin Blake wrote an excellent blog arguing against it the other day, I'd link it but blocked in work if someone else can find it...

https://www.attheraces.com/blogs/kevin-blake

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

A fift day would be a disaster and ruin the whole spectacle.

I trip over is already 5 days when you take into account travelling on the Monday and the craic of a Monday is possibly the best night of the week. Adding an extra day would ruin that too

Am heading over for my 10year in a row this year, it’s become a tradition but if the days changed etc I would consider giving up on it to be honest

redzerdrog wrote: »
    A fift day would be a disaster and ruin the whole spectacle.

I trip over is already 5 days when you take into account travelling on the Monday and the craic of a Monday is possibly the best night of the week. Adding an extra day would ruin that too

Am heading over for my 10year in a row this year, it’s become a tradition but if the days changed etc I would consider giving up on it to be honest

Echo that word for word

2ndcoming wrote: »

https://www.attheraces.com/blogs/kevin-blake

ISN'T THIS JUST A GLORIOUS TIME OF YEAR!!!

Woke up this morning with an erection thinking about the Supreme Novice Hurdle!
    That may or may not be true
    That also may or may not be illegal................

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

ISN'T THIS JUST A GLORIOUS TIME OF YEAR!!!

Woke up this morning with an erection thinking about the Supreme Novice Hurdle!
    That may or may not be true
    That also may or may not be illegal................

What horse would you like to ride RR?

Slattsy wrote: »
    What horse would you like to ride RR?

I would be on top of Abacadabras Slatts!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Me too!

Slattsy wrote: »
    Me too!

3 WAY!!

I had my first Antepost bet of the festival. A fiver on the Rasher Counter for the Gold Cup @ 66/1. I feel like such a degenerate slut.... I am such a liddle mug, god help me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I had my first Antepost bet of the festival. A fiver on the Rasher Counter for the Gold Cup @ 66/1. I feel like such a degenerate slut.... I am such a liddle mug, god help me.

You are a slut.

I shall call you "Jordan"

This day 2 months it will all be over. I still think the De Rasher Counter has a shout.

This day 2 months it will all be over. I still think the De Rasher Counter has a shout.

In what........? The GC?!
    Come on Jordan!

(i will be in Enniscorthy for Cheltenham, 20 yards from the actual Rasher Counter that the horse is named after. If it wins they will have patrols on the bridges and roadblocks on the main road!

In what........? The GC?!
    Come on Jordan!

(i will be in Enniscorthy for Cheltenham, 20 yards from the actual Rasher Counter that the horse is named after. If it wins they will have patrols on the bridges and roadblocks on the main road!

He won the Hennessy which is a decent trial for the Gold Cup, he will have to improve half a stone but he is only 7 and goes with a chance. Emma Lavelle knows how to treat good horses, I think he has an outside chance.

48 Days
    I hour
    36 minutes

Until Abacadabras works his magic in the Supreme.....

See what I did there......!

Steve Mellish is great in the summer, analysing newbies and especially good at rating middle of the road handicappers. Anyway he is throwing his 50 cents in to Cheltenham, worth a look. I can honestly say I have never heard of the other presenter.

Gwan De Rasher Counter.

Honestly thought it was the weakest episode yet Moron
    The main presenter, the Irish fella, dunno his name, does a lot of course reporting from Ayr for RTV but talks some amount of ****e
    Thought they gave very little of interest tbh

Gonna be some amount of egg on faces when Defi hoses up in the CC

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Clique

48 Days
    I hour
    36 minutes

Until Abacadabras works his magic in the Supreme.....

See what I did there......!

Is the Supreme on a Friday now? :D

It's only 45 days to the festival Roger :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Clique

Advertisement